News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

captveg

What would you call the middle ?

I edited my post before you responded, but DCA has no middle. It has a short entrance, then a "front left" corner (Hollywood), "front right" corner (Sourin/Grizzly), a "back left" corner (Marvel/Cars), and a "back right" corner (everything around Paradise Bay / Pixar Pier). It makes everything seem further away from each other than they really are. It's like everything is Toontown or Galaxy's Edge distance away except Soarin', instead of being like FL/TL/FL/AL which are "right near" the entrance of DL due to how the hub works psychologically. At least for me, however.

It probably takes as long to walk from the DCA entrance to get to LM as it does to walk from the DL entrance to get to Pirates or Space Mountain, but both Pirates and Space Mountain seem closer to their park's entrance to me.

Darkbeer1

Yes, OM. Disney is obligated to keep the former tram route open in a deal with the city. It will now be used as a secondary exit for the parking structures as needed. Basically to be placed on east bound Disney Way to use the I-5 on ramps right there.

I am not sure I mentioned it here, but recently I took a shuttle from Angel Stadium's parking lot to the Convention Center. (Planned special ART route due to lack of Convention Center parking). It entered the tram route going westbound on Disney Way, and then went South to the Katella Avenue Pedestrian Gate. Disney CM's were loading/unloading the shuttle buses. and guests were directed to the Traffic Light on Katella in front of the North Hall/CC Arena. Efficient and didn't impact traffic as the buses were staged off of Katella.

So in the mornings, we will see the directing of vehicles from the Structures to Toy Story using the road (former Tram Route) between Disneyland Drive and Harbor, and again in the evening for cars exiting the Structures from the overflow exit on Magic Way. Plus a Construction Vehicle entrance/exit along with other Disney Vehicles. Seems like the road will be busier than ever in the near future. Only a true long term parking fix for guests and CM's will allow it to be converted to some other use. Plus the city & Disney are looking at the area for the possible transit system to ARTIC/Platinum Triangle.

mickEblu

I edited my post before you responded, but DCA has no middle. It has a short entrance, then a "front left" corner (Hollywood), "front right" corner (Sourin/Grizzly), a "back left" corner (Marvel/Cars), and a "back right" corner (everything around Paradise Bay / Pixar Pier). It makes everything seem further away from each other than they really are. It's like everything is Toontown or Galaxy's Edge distance away except Soarin', instead of being like FL/TL/FL/AL which are "right near" the entrance of DL due to how the hub works psychologically. At least for me, however.

I’d say Mermaid or the Golden vine winery restaurant is pretty much the middle of the park. Also consider the flow of the park. Mermaid sits in front of the entrance to Pixar Pier right along the main entrance corridor with a path to Grizzly Peak right behind it. Aside it from it you know... pretty much being in the middle of the park. I mean if you want to get technical it looks like the main entrance to Cars Land is the middle of the park.

3011CE1C-5D6E-4F23-AD9B-031193F660D0.jpeg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’d say Mermaid or the Golden vine winery restaurant is pretty much the middle of the park. Also consider the flow of the park. Mermaid sits in front of the entrance to Pixar Pier right along the main entrance corridor with a path to Grizzly Peak right behind it. Aside it from it you know... pretty much being in the middle of the park. I mean if you want to get technical it looks like the main entrance to Cars Land is the middle of the park.

View attachment 372415

Just stop it....

stop-being-logical.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom