News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

GiveMeTheMusic

There's actually a backstory that connects G-Force records to Sunset Blvd but it's a little complicated since they're in two different time periods.

So the thing about that is that it's meaningless. Sunset Blvd is set in the Hollywood Golden Age. RnRC isn't. They can contort and contrive a backstory all they want, but it doesn't make the attraction actually fit thematically.

You know, like most other attractions they build these days! ;)

D

Deleted member 107043

I've seen them both and neither is anything to brag about. If I were to nitpick I'd say Paris' fits the location (faux studio backlot theme) much better than DHS's for all the reasons that @GiveMeTheMusic outlined. Keep in mind giving the edge to Paris really isn't saying much since the most of the place barely even resembles a Disney park.

dweezil78

FWIW I think WDW's Space Mountain is pretty lame.

Like so many things Disney, it's unfortunately become too iconic to remove -- plus their SM has the added distinction of being the original. I wonder how much internal debate there was on just turning that into Tron before they ultimately decided to place it RIGHT NEXT DOOR. (I still can't get over that and probably never will.) Hopefully the inside guts will get the real re-do it deserves some day with real on-board audio! Also the current on-ride photo is easily the dumbest, most pathetic on-ride photo you will find on any Disney attraction.

That said, I do love the queue at MK and the fact that it still retains the original music + the speed ramp following the ride with the various scenes, even the current ones. There's something so EPCOT Center-y about all of it.

Phroobar

I just came back to my hotel from my first day at DCA and loved Paradise Pier so much. I rode California Screamin' 3 times through out the day! I really have no clue how Disney is going to Pixar-ify the Pier, but I don't think it needs Pixar elements at all! Everything is great the way it is in my book, and I think today's crowds can prove that to you!
Obviously you didn't go into the shops at the far end of the pier. Otherwise you would be greeted with this:

2016-04-10_0109.jpg

mickEblu

I love a lot of the shops on Main Street and And Off the page at DCA. TBH I don't think I've ever noticed a shop at Paradise Pier aside from the Toy Story shop you get dumped into after the ride.

Professortango1

No single thing in the Disney universe perplexes me the way the popularity of this garbage 5-minute movie does.

The Hopper AA is great, the Flik AA is fun and surprising, the themeing of the queue and theatre is downright gorgeous, the bug attack sequence is near pitch perfect with the fog and spiders, and the bugs under the butt gag in fantastic (wish they'd install these on Indy). Its a great piece of edutainment that Disney used to be famous for. An original film educating us about bugs using some fun colorful characters.

Phroobar

This is in DCA?! How have I never seen this?!
That picture is why the Pixar Pier concept is a fantastic idea. This is some of the last punny DCA 1.0 crap that is still around. It will be a huge improvement to turn that store into a Turtle Talk show or m&g. Next time your at DCA, check out those stores and tell me why they should be preserved.

mickEblu

That picture is why the Pixar Pier concept is a fantastic idea. This is some of the last punny DCA 1.0 crap that is still around. It will be a huge improvement to turn that store into a Turtle Talk show or m&g. Next time your at DCA, check out those stores and tell me why they should be preserved.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the stores getting redone. It's stuff like the Incredibles overlay on Screamin that folks aren't too happy about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom