News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

vancee

If Turtle Talk is going to Pixar Pier, could that mean the animation building is going to be turned into that Mickey dark ride that was rumored (not sure if it was rumored to be Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway or some other Mickey dark ride) to come to Hollywoodland?

FigmentForver96

If Turtle Talk is going to Pixar Pier, could that mean the animation building is going to be turned into that Mickey dark ride that was rumored (not sure if it was rumored to be Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway or some other Mickey dark ride) to come to Hollywoodland?
I really hope not. If they're going to close and gut a classic like the Great Movie Ride, at least let the follow up be a unique ride to the park.

Phroobar

I think the animation build is too small for the Mickey dark ride unless they figure out a way to include Play house Disney next door for the queue.

bluerhythym

I can see them closing the Turtle Talk theater and Off the Page for a new entryway back to Marvel Land.

Phroobar

Disney Animation and Disney Junior is not a big enough space for the Mickey ride. If Mickey comes to DCA, it will be on the Muppets/Monsters plot with expansion into the esplanade.
That's a better solution if both buildings and stage 17 were combined. They could even use the Hollywood and Vine building if it was going to be massive. I remember we thought those buildings would eventually become Rock n Rollercoaster.

GiveMeTheMusic

That's a better solution if both buildings were combined. They could even use the Hollywood and Vine building. I remember we thought those buildings would eventually become Rock n Rollercoaster.

Once upon a time RnRC was viewed as the solution for everything. Thank God it only ever got cloned in Paris. Colossal waste of space.

Monstropolis mini-land with door coaster got *this* close to happening here. Glad that didn't happen either. Last thing anyone needs is a dead Pixar IP land. The only upside to Pixar Pier is that it might spare us other Lasseter vanity projects in DCA.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

You guys! I got my hands on some of the new software the Imagineers were given to help them with this project.

RCT_PP.jpg

mickEblu

Completely off topic but I owe you an apology. Chicken Little isn't THAT bad. Truth be told I had only watched bits and pieces years ago. I watched it for the first time the other day and it's decent. Definitely not the worst and I enjoyed it more than the likes of Atlantis, Black Cauldron, and probably a few others. It's in the same ball park as Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, and Treasure Planet.

Phroobar

Completely off topic but I owe you an apology. Chicken Little isn't THAT bad. Truth be told I had only watched bits and pieces years ago. I watched it for the first time the other day and it's decent. Definitely not the worst and I enjoyed it more than the likes of Atlantis, Black Cauldron, and probably a few others. It's in the same ball park as Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, and Treasure Planet.
It was definitely better than Home on the Range. That movie could have been so much better if they went with the original plot of ghost rustlers that wanted to take revenge of a heard of cattle for stampeding them to death.

mickEblu

It was definitely better than Home on the Range. That movie could have been so much better if they went with the original plot of ghost rustlers that wanted to take revenge of a heard of cattle for stampeding them to death.

Haha I haven't seen Home on the Range or Brother Bear. But it seems that most people think Chicken Little or Home on the Range is the worst Disney animated movie ever made. After watching Chicken Little, I have my money on Home on the Range.

Phroobar

It's usually one of the three Black Cauldron, Home on the Range or Chicken Little. Chicken Little is as good as most animated movies today. It just wasn't Disney or Pixar quality. Black Cauldron would have been better if Jeffrey Katzenberg didn't get in the editing room and butcher it. It needed a song or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom