parade performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

actingkid

Original Poster
I was wondering what character can i be when im about 5" 8' or taller.
I was hoping i could be mickey or donald or maybe captain hook.
Thanks!!!!

joanna71985

actingkid said:
I was wondering what character can i be when im about 5" 8' or taller.
I was hoping i could be mickey or donald or maybe captain hook.
Thanks!!!!

Yeah, just a little too tall for Mickey and Donald.

WDWKat26

Well you'd have to go through the audition first to be in Entertainment. Then, you go through a separate audition for Parades/Shows and if your color code is high enough they MIGHT train you. It's not like you get into Entertainment and you're automatically trained.

MMP

5''8 is kind of an awkward height for character performers. I think Eeyore and Pluto might be in that range though.

maelstrom

WDWKat26 said:
Sorry darlin' you're too short by a good 3 inches...

Alice and Wendy are little girls! How can 4'11" be too short for them?! I'm little girl sized and have a child-like face. They're crazy if they don't cast small, youthful girls as Alice and Wendy. If Alice & Wendy are out, any want I had to be a character is gone.

WDWKat26

maelstrom said:
Alice and Wendy are little girls! How can 4'11" be too short for them?! I'm little girl sized and have a child-like face. They're crazy if they don't cast small, youthful girls as Alice and Wendy. If Alice & Wendy are out, any want I had to be a character is gone.

Small, youthful girls ARE cast as Wendy and Alice, they're usually between 5ft and 5'4 though.

And MMP, you are correct, those are the 2 main "friends" of that height range. There are more, but those are the main ones :)

maelstrom

WDWKat26 said:
Small, youthful girls ARE cast as Wendy and Alice, they're usually between 5ft and 5'4 though.

My driver's license says I'm 5' tall. Usually measured at 4'11.5" or 4'11.75" at the doctor. I like to round down. Does a half or quarter inch really matter?

5'4" isn't really small, if you're playing a little girl.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Most Disney characters are bigger than they would be in reality.

Jiminy Cricket
Mickey Mouse
Donald Duck
Chip and Dale

It's all about the size of the outfit.
The shoe must fit - so to speak !

WDWKat26

maelstrom said:
My driver's license says I'm 5' tall. Usually measured at 4'11.5" or 4'11.75" at the doctor. I like to round down. Does a half or quarter inch really matter?

5'4" isn't really small, if you're playing a little girl.

Yeah, Disney will measure you by the quarter inch. I used to be 5'7 3/4. I know it's not small, but that's just the way it is. Sorry.

MMP

Disney does round up, they rounded me up to an even five feet which made me nervous because I was afraid that was on the tall side for Mickey but I made it anyway. In real life I'm 4'11 and a half.

WDWKat26

MMP said:
Disney does round up, they rounded me up to an even five feet which made me nervous because I was afraid that was on the tall side for Mickey but I made it anyway. In real life I'm 4'11 and a half.

They don't neccesarily "round up", but they will measure you to their liking. I was originally 5'7 3/4, but I was a midget in a lot of the characters that are up in the 5'9 height range (i.e. Tweedles, Shaker). I got measured down to 5'6 1/2 now which is better :).

WDWKat26

actingkid said:
could i be jiminy cricket or one of the seven dwarfs.

I'm gonna be honest with you, it doesn't sound like you care about the job, just about who you want to be. Do you even plan on persuing this or are you just BSing around?

And no, you can't be those characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom