Pandora World of Avatar Phase Two

HauntedMansionFLA

I'd rather see that they somehow make NRJ much longer. More AA's, maybe a drop or two and a spectacular finale, so that the shaman would be not the ending of the ride, but the beginning of the second part.

Also, as I mentioned before, I'd like to see them come up with an underwater attraction. Doesn't even have to be under real water, but something along the lines of 20.000 leagues under the sea in Tokyo DisneySea. The upcoming movies will feature lots of under water scenes so it would only common sense to have the first ride based on their land, flora and fauna, the second ride in the air on a banshee and a third one under water. Just my two cents ;)
Cameron set some deep water diving while filming underwater footage awhile back. DisneySea is an excellent choice to model after.

Stevie Amsterdam

Cameron set some deep water diving while filming underwater footage awhile back. DisneySea is an excellent choice to model after.
I don't see how DisneySea could make this work in a park full of 'ports'? <— this was my original comment.

I read your reply wrong my friend, apologies. You’re absolutely right!

Last edited:

rreading

I say it and honestly mean it.

Of course, I am the holder of many slightly to wildly unpopular opinions.
  • The FL expansion would have been much better served by the addition of 5-6 D tickets along the lines of Pan and Winnie the Pooh then Mermaid and 7 Dwarves.
  • The Speedway has its place and belongs in MK.
  • SW:GE being an original location and story is better than the greatest hits episode people claim they want.
  • TSI is awesome just the way it is and I hope we never lose it.
  • 1982 Epcot just does not work for modern audiences.
  • I am just fine with Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama.

I agree with pretty much all of those opinions, especially TSI. But:

I definitely want WDW to keep SSE and LwtL largely untouched. I hope that popular opinion amongst the guests at WDW agrees with me, but I don't care if they don't.

I think that many here would agree that doing the FL expansion differently would have been preferred. For a more widely unpopular opinion, I like the current 7DMT and while I would like it to be longer, do not mind its brevity. For my boy, it was just long enough to start freaking him out, then it was over. Now he loves it, even though it's brief. It is a fun ride.

I was kind of expecting to see the Tree of Souls somewhere. Apparently story has it it's the closest connection to Eywa on Pandora, so I feel that it would work well in a theoretical Na'vi River Journey extension. Or it could be a neat thing outside of the rides, in a queue, or elsewhere. I don't think that would cause confusion with the Tree of Life, although it could be a neat little brother type of thing.

Anyway, if they're going to add to Pandora, the Tree of Souls has my vote.
There’s a second castle in TD!!

cookiee_munster

I still think a bioluminescent night time show would have been an incredible thing to see in the land. I know they've got the lake now for "A" show should they decide to add one there again, so building a second large lake would be pretty pointless. But it's in the perfect area. it's near the front of the park, so once the show is over people can quickly exit the park without having to walk too far to get out and plus it would be in a man made/concrete lined pool so they could add all sorts of effects and lighting hidden away.

People keep mentioning stuff they'd like to see from the first film. Remember, this land is set way Way WAY after the events of the first film. The tree of souls is a cool idea, and would make an incredible sight to see all lit up, but it's literally the tree of souls. it's pretty much their god (almost) putting it into thematic perspective, The Navi wouldn't want any human anywhere near that place as it's so sacred. So maybe something you could see from afar? like a forced perspective element?

Cmdr_Crimson

Shame they couldn't do a shorter version of this show for the park..Especially since it fits said area..
latest

cookiee_munster

so, out of curiosity. If there were to be a phase 2 of Pandora where would it go? i'm looking at google maps now and the place is looking pretty full, and not much room for another eaterie and possibly another attraction...

cookiee_munster

Looking at that carpark, a sub ride like at tokyo disneysea would be amazing if you could explore the depths of the Pandorian sea and see all the creatures down there, especially because the ride (20K) is ultimately a dry ride and not such a maintenance nightmare

UNCgolf

There shouldn't be a phase two of Pandora. Phase one should be phased out.

I'd be okay with that if they were going to replace it with a specifically themed real life region with corresponding animals.

They're not going to do that, though (obviously they're not going to get rid of Pandora period, but just for argument's sake). They'd end shoehorning in some incongruous IP there instead which would be likely be much worse than Pandora.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

ah! ok, i was trying to understand the acronym :)

You'll basically just see TSR and QSR when referring to dining. TSR = table service; i.e. you sit at a table and waiter comes to take your order and bring your food. QSR = quick service; i.e. you order at a counter and then pick up your own food and take it to a table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom