Pandora: The World of Avatar Soundtrack

JohnD

Apple made money off me today. I rounded out my Animal Kingdom music by also purchasing the Finding Nemo: The Musical and Rivers of Light soundtracks. Add those to Pandora and Festival of the Lion King (not to mention CTX theme and It's Tough To Be A Bug from the WDW soundtrack), my AK music is pretty much complete.

GlacierGlacier

I thought most of the audio in the land was ambient noise and not music?
They attempt to have as much as possible be diagetic, where it'd be music or sound that only makes sense where it'd be coming from.

When you're on the surface of Pandora, you're hearing those ambient noises, the animals, the insects, everything. However, when you get closer to the human installments (pongo pongo, Satu'li, and Windtraders) you hear music made by humans played out over speakers systems that make sense for the theme and environment.

The only exception to this for Pandora is Flight of Passage, which sacrifices the completely diagetic experience for a more effective storytelling experience with a soundtrack.

This is also followed throughout animal kingdom. Again, there are places where they sacrifice the realism for better storytelling, but that's bound to happen.

I am Timmy

Id still prefer it on CD which this is not, but Im just old school that way, fun to collect them.
I agree. I wanted a CD, but this is a nice second.... At least the music is available and can be found now (although it doesn't seem to be easy to find). Is there a way to make a CD once you have the download? I know it's not the same for a collection, but would make it possible to listen on a CD player.

JohnD

I agree. I wanted a CD, but this is a nice second.... At least the music is available and can be found now (although it doesn't seem to be easy to find). Is there a way to make a CD once you have the download? I know it's not the same for a collection, but would make it possible to listen on a CD player.

Sure. In iTunes You can burn a playlist to disc if you have a CD drive. Audio CDs fit up to 80 minutes. This playlist is 58.

aladdin2007

Sure. In iTunes You can burn a playlist to disc if you have a CD drive. Audio CDs fit up to 80 minutes. This playlist is 58.

I will try that maybe as I have a cd drive,,did that a few times with onlinevideoconverter . com I think it is. And I tried it with this from the youtube link but it will not work...so I guess I will need to sign up with itunes first.

JohnD

I will try that maybe as I have a cd drive,,did that a few times with onlinevideoconverter . com I think it is. And I tried it with this from the youtube link but it will not work...so I guess I will need to sign up with itunes first.

Yeah. You need an Apple ID if you want to download and pay for the music. Good luck!

Tom Morrow

As for Giacchino, he isn't that great. He was able to reproduce John Williams, but it's unclear how much arranging he even does. In Coco he did not produce any of the memorable music. He is very bad with creating original melodies. Please stay away from out theme parks!
Disagree. Giacchino is great at creating atmospheric music that evokes a certain feel. He would be an excellent choice for creating theme park music loops. It's not always about a memorable melody.

VJ

As for Giacchino, he isn't that great. He was able to reproduce John Williams, but it's unclear how much arranging he even does. In Coco he did not produce any of the memorable music. He is very bad with creating original melodies. Please stay away from out theme parks!
You do know that he scored the 2005 version of Space Mountain at Disneyland (and Space Mountain: Mission 2 at Disneyland Paris), and also arranged the music for Star Tours: The Adventures Continue...? Also scored the music for Incredicoaster at Pixar Pier. So...

VJ

Apple made money off me today. I rounded out my Animal Kingdom music by also purchasing the Finding Nemo: The Musical and Rivers of Light soundtracks. Add those to Pandora and Festival of the Lion King (not to mention CTX theme and It's Tough To Be A Bug from the WDW soundtrack), my AK music is pretty much complete.
I could have sworn I saw this on Amazon yesterday, but now, obviously, I can't find it.
Is it going to go onto Spotify?
Seems like the album is iTunes exclusive as of now. I'm not sure if the album will be heading to other sites, but it's a possibility.

GlacierGlacier

Warning: I'm pretty sure burning a CD with audio from iTunes is against iTunes terms of service.

But what are they going to do about it 😛

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom