Pandora: The World of Avatar Soundtrack

Clamman73

Cool how you hear other things on the FOP score that you don't necessarily hear on the ride or maybe it's just buried in background and can't hear it.

ThatMouse

So the music is the ride with the sound effects, very cool! A lot of us are used to listening to these with bad audio. Maybe Disney is listening.

I was very happy to hear James Horner in Avatarland. Like Williams and Star Wars, it's not Avatar without Horner.

As for Giacchino, he isn't that great. He was able to reproduce John Williams, but it's unclear how much arranging he even does. In Coco he did not produce any of the memorable music. He is very bad with creating original melodies. Please stay away from out theme parks!

ThatMouse

That's my opinion and ya those don't really have memorable melodies. Can you really hum Up!? Is it just a Debussy clone? I would not like Illuminations to be anything from Giacchino, I mean compared to the amazing range of music played there now.

"Shaman of the Souls - Satu'li Canteen" appears to be the full version of the song everyone was looking for from the River Journey, the one the Shaman is singing. It's a very nice meaty instrumental with the choir in there. It manages to slip the "I see you" chorus in there which is the Avatar theme.

PuertoRekinSam

That's my opinion and ya those don't really have memorable melodies. Can you really hum Up!? Is it just a Debussy clone? I would not like Illuminations to be anything from Giacchino, I mean compared to the amazing range of music played there now.

"Shaman of the Souls - Satu'li Canteen" appears to be the full version of the song everyone was looking for from the River Journey, the one the Shaman is singing. It's a very nice meaty instrumental with the choir in there. It manages to slip the "I see you" chorus in there which is the Avatar theme.

Could I hum Up? Yes. Every time I am on Main Street for one...

I am Timmy

I'm so excited! Last December I went into the store and asked if there was a CD to purchase of the songs from the land. I really enjoy the ride music, but also the music playing in the store and Satuli' Canteen. She said no, the best she could offer was that some of it was from the original movie score, but suggested I contact Disney and request it. I did when I got home, they replied saying they were looking into "many aspects" of offerings in Pandora, and that they would consider this. Now they did it!! Took awhile, but I am so happy. Now I can sniff my hair pomade that smells just like the ocean scene on FoP while I listen to the music........

aladdin2007

I'm so excited! Last December I went into the store and asked if there was a CD to purchase of the songs from the land. I really enjoy the ride music, but also the music playing in the store and Satuli' Canteen. She said no, the best she could offer was that some of it was from the original movie score, but suggested I contact Disney and request it. I did when I got home, they replied saying they were looking into "many aspects" of offerings in Pandora, and that they would consider this. Now they did it!! Took awhile, but I am so happy. Now I can sniff my hair pomade that smells just like the ocean scene on FoP while I listen to the music........

Id still prefer it on CD which this is not, but Im just old school that way, fun to collect them.

tabecker259

My Disney Parks music + app. Subscription $10 per month for unlimited music from the parks

By chance, have you been successful at searching for the Disney Music playlists in Apple Music without using the Disney Parks app? I have to end up searching for the Main Street USA playlist to then be able to select the Disney Music curator/artist to see all of the other playlists. And with Apple Music removing Connect, I don’t see an easy way to search for this stuff without this workaround.

Edit: well, I guess I figured it out. You have to search Disney, then scroll down to Curators to see Disney Music. You cant search Disney Music and expect to find it.

Attachments

• 51AEF867-C7ED-4180-9734-028A4242D403.png
    51AEF867-C7ED-4180-9734-028A4242D403.png
    205 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom