Pandora Jewelry coming to Walt Disney World with products and sponsorship of Wishes

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
"We're looking forward to the opportunities ahead through our alliance with PANDORA," said Tiffany Rende, senior vice president of Disney Corporate Alliances and Operating Participants. "In addition to debuting a new line of PANDORA jewelry at retail that we know will be a fan favorite, we are collaborating on other product lines and guest experiences at our domestic Parks and Resorts."

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/pressreleases/14/08/n4772743/pandora-jewelry-and-disney-announce-new-strategic-alliance#ixzz3ABkQL5ke

I wonder what the "other product lines and guest experiences" will be.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The entire Disney enterprise is a money grab. As is every other business on the planet. Thats the whole point of having a business, to make money. If they don't then they won't be in business very long. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
Wait. I thought the purpose for business was to create jobs and provide benefits. Interesting.

Matt_Black

Wait. I thought the purpose for business was to create jobs and provide benefits. Interesting.

That's what the corporations like to claim when it comes time for legislation that might cause them to make less money. "But if we pay a dollar more in taxes blah blah job losses! Environmental safety precautions? But jobs!!!"

rob0519

A check of Pandora's corporate website shows the least expensive charm is $20.00 and the most expensive is $770. I've given my wife a bracelet and a necklace each with several charms. Unless you are buying the more expensive charms they are no more costly than much of the jewelry found in any major department store outside their fine jewelry sections. I assume the Disney related products will start well above the $20.00 price point.

WDWLover#1

For wishes sponsorship will they say it publicly over the audio system every night? Worse case would be if they put a little projection on the castle before hand. I'm thinking it's just gonna be a little thing in the times guide saying"wishes presented by pandora" but I'm just thinking of worst possible scenarios.

FutureCEO

so what does that mean for Alex and Ani? Out of the parks? I don't get the bracelets either (my sister and mother have millions of Alex and Ani's) but I'm not a girl so....

and Wishes sponsored by Pandora :hilarious:, I don't get the connection. But what does that mean for a new firework show?

FerretAfros

For wishes sponsorship will they say it publicly over the audio system every night? Worse case would be if they put a little projection on the castle before hand. I'm thinking it's just gonna be a little thing in the times guide saying"wishes presented by pandora" but I'm just thinking of worst possible scenarios.
I would expect some combination of all of those, depending on the contract. Siemens gets their name in the Times Guide, announced before and after the show, and projected onto SSE as part of their sponsorship of Illuminations, but I think their sponsorship of MSEP only includes the name in the Times Guide. At TDR, the sponsors get their names and logos included on floats at the end of the parades, and in light-up signs on the lighting rigs after the show for Fantasmic!

When Honda sponsored Remember...Dreams Come True at DL, they had their name in the Times Guide and included during pre/post-show announcements, but it was not projected anywhere. I would assume a similar approach to this, since it's the most apples-to-apples comparison

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
That's what the corporations like to claim when it comes time for legislation that might cause them to make less money. "But if we pay a dollar more in taxes blah blah job losses! Environmental safety precautions? But jobs!!!"
I think the world would be better off if we just collected our own fruits and nuts and killed our own meat and hoped like hell the fire never went out in our cave because corporations and businesses have done nothing to promote the advancement of the human race.

ABQ

so what does that mean for Alex and Ani? Out of the parks? I don't get the bracelets either (my sister and mother have millions of Alex and Ani's) but I'm not a girl so....

and Wishes sponsored by Pandora :hilarious:, I don't get the connection. But what does that mean for a new firework show?
always wondered what Alex and Ani are or do or whatever. They sponsored a Boston Bruins update thing on NESN, but as I'm in New Mexico and not New England, I never saw their stuff for sale out this way, but obviously I missed them in the parks too.

Matt_Black

I think the world would be better off if we just collected our own fruits and nuts and killed our own meat and hoped like hell the fire never went out in our cave because corporations and businesses have done nothing to promote the advancement of the human race.

Your view of world history seems to be missing a few steps. I think there's a bit more to it than cavemen -> corporations -> world misery.

And even then, some business types do good. Andrew Carnegie and I believe the president of Coca-Cola at the time were instrumental in helping the CDC get off the ground and, certain recent lapses aside, they have been a force for good in the world.

Goofnut1980

I just think it is odd to announce they will sponsor Wishes - which already exists with our $99 admission price. (granted I have a PAP)

But shouldn't they have announced a new nighttime show or fireworks, instead of a decade old show? just curious

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom