Pal Mickey

My family and I are going to Disney in Decmeber. MY soon to be 3 year old loves Mickey Mouse. I was thinking about puchasing a Pal Mickey and having it is the room for when we get there. Has anyone ever purchased one, did they like it and would you agree or disagree to the purchase.

nets33

We bought one on a family trip to Disney about four years ago - it was fun in the room but not as much fun to carry around the parks for a few reasons:
- Mickey will vibrate and tell you fun facts unexpectedly, sometimes it was very difficult to hear because of the volume of noise in the part itself.
- My nephews got very tired of carrying around Mickey which meant that one of the adults became the "keeper of Mickey"
- We didn't want to leave Mickey in the stroller for fear it would disappear so he became a constant companion (see the note above).

After about three days Mickey spent most of his time in the hotel room. It was a neat toy for a while, and your child will probably like it. We'd probably buy one again if we were in the same situation. :)

Upvote 0

wdwsog

My three year old would not carry his either, but that was because it vibrated randomly and scared him everytime. Now he is 6 and loves playing the games and hearing the jokes at home.

Upvote 0
I can't say how a 3 yr old will react to it, but our 8 yr old daughter loves her pal Mickey .... in fact, when we went to MK last weekend, she cried because we forgot him .... going again on the 21st and we'll make sure her pal comes along

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

My family and I are going to Disney in Decmeber. MY soon to be 3 year old loves Mickey Mouse. I was thinking about puchasing a Pal Mickey and having it is the room for when we get there. Has anyone ever purchased one, did they like it and would you agree or disagree to the purchase.
We purchased one during our June 2006 trip.
We used it on our trip last month.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

We have no kids, but my wife and I love our Pal Mickey. He does become a bit of a pain to carry around all the time so we selectively bring him into the parks.

Also the belt clip that we have for him broke so we have to figure out another way to carry like lanyards that we have seen people use.

He is great fun and I would guess that your son would love him.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

We bought one this trip and we loved it. While it can be a pain to carry all the time, after awhile I clipped it to my lanyard and he could pick up signals and it was easier to tote. Make sure you put him in a backpack or something on water rides though.

Upvote 0
18 month old loved it

Before we left for our trip last week we borrowed a PAL Mickey from a friend. We knew before we even left that we would purchase one. Even though our daughter is not old enough to play all the games she loved Mickey's voice and vibrations. I'll agree that Mickey can be difficult to navigate some of the rides with, but overall I wore him on my belt and he was not a burden. He even has some cool tips around short cuts and other fun facts. If you are an annual pass holder or Disney Visa card holder you can get a few dollars off your PAL Mickey at the Marketplace World of Disney Store.

Upvote 0

rimousefan84

that sounds like a great idea! My fiance and I purchased one when the original pal mickeys were released and LOVED it. It really is a cool "stuffed animal" that can be used in or out of the parks. We usually carry a backpack around in the parks so the clip that he comes with makes him easier to carry. Have fun on your trip!

Upvote 0

DisneySam

I LOVE my Pal Mickey but like everyone else's the clip broke so I went to good ol WalMart and bought a velcro strip that I looped around where the clip slid on and looped it around my backpack--worked GREAT! Plus I wasn't always checking to see if he fell off.

My only complaint was that there were no daily updates on mine with ride times etc. except for EMH at the MK.

Pal_Mickey_Parade.jpg

Above is mine "taking pictures of the parade." They're fun, and for kids I think they would enjoy it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom