PAL Mickey??

cindy_k

Original Poster
Does anyone have any info on this? I am a DVC member and there was an article in my Quarterly magazine today saying that he will be available in the Spring.

I am going down in April for Easter and would love to be able to try him then.

Thanks!!!

Cindy in NY

DisneyPhD

Hi, I haven't gotten my DVC member news yet, but read about it online. It apears the article is most of the info out there so far. We are going in 9 days and would love to try it then, but don't think they will be ready. The coupon for DVC members to try it for free with 50 dollar fully refundable deposit isn't until May 2003 to I think Sept 2003. We will be there March 2003 and Dec so we will miss both. Otherwise it is 8$ a day to rent and I don't know how much to buy. (my guess is 50 since that is the deposit.)

DisneyWonders07

Yeah I've never heard of this PAL Mickey, what is it? Just a wild guess, but it sounds like some sort of robot of the future that you interact with (that's Mickey Mouse):lol:

CTXRover

From what I understand, Pal Mickey is a plush animal, roughly the size of one of the "large" beanie babies, that has the ability to interact with guests while they are in the parks. Mickey can tell you the length of lines at nearby attractions, the times of parades/shows, and even trivia while you are in line. Apparently Mickey will bring an all new means of interaction with us, the guests. From what I've read at a discussion at www.disboards.com, you can rent Pal Mickey for $8.00 a day with a refundable $50.00 downpayment or you can actually buy your own for roughly $50.00 at any park or Downtown Disney. The Jim Hill article (previous post) gives a better idea of how this "new technology" will reinvent the Disney Experience for guests!!

DisneyPhD

I knew about PAL Mickey, but Destination Disney sounds wonderful. I hope DVC get the same treatment. I hate waiting for my lugage at the airport, but checking in at the air port seems comberson and likey to have huge crowds. (what do you do with your carry on that you didn't want to bring to the parks with you, and say your winter coat you had when you left Michigan that morning!!!) I think it all could be worked out and make a already great vaction even better.

cindy_k

Original Poster
The check in at the Airport and tagging the bags, sounds like a larger extension of what they already do for the Cruise Line.

I am also curious on how they will handle carryon's. But perhaps they will allow you to add those to the luggage to be delivered to the hotel.

I'm hoping the Jim Hill article is correct. He is saying Pal Mickey will be available in March. :sohappy: :sohappy:
I would love to be able to carry him around the park. If I can get him away from my son of course.

Cindy in NY

MKCustodial

Is it me or does seem to be a little complex? Like the handheld plan.

Also, I wonder if the parks will get louder than they already are with thousands of plushes chatting all day long... :lol:

DisneyPhD

I think that is the idea, I woner how it work at home later. I guess if you rent one everyday for a week (56) you are better off just buying one and keeping it. I wonder if after using it and want to buy one if they make you turns yours in and get a new one, or let you keep the one you have and you don't get the deposit back.

netenyahoo

That sounds like a great new idea! I'd love to have one. They should have other characters too like Goofy, Buzz and Princesses, so kids could have their favorite one and be entertained and the adults have help planning the day.

coasterfan256

I hope that there will be some way to keep them from talking during a ride. It could be really annoying to be in the preshow for a ride a have all the mickeys talking.

BRER STITCH

Whats louder?

The sound of all those PAL Mickeys chattering.......

Or the sound of all those $50 bills going into the register?

CHA-CHING!!!

Disney wins again!!!

:lol:

karmann

Well if that article's March 24th date is correct I should be able to tell you about them when we get back on the 29th. :D

/me crosses his fingers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom