PAL Mickey??

Zippa D Doodah

Howdy,
First post here, although I've been browsing the forum for a while. As we prepare to go to WDW this summer, it looks as though this is going to cost me another $100. (one Pal Mickey for each child:lol: :lookaroun .)
I suspect the kids will love Pal Mickey, but my wife and I will be cracking jokes about him and probably reaching for his battery pack before the first day is over.
I applaud Disney for much of what I read about the Destination Disney program. The only thing that makes me cringe is the idea of carrying a PDA around the parks. I know lots of folks are going to enjoy this, but I associate my PDA and cell phone with work. When we go to Florida this summer, those are two items I will be leaving at home.

all41

Heh Zippa..

I agree 100%. I don't go to WDW for pagers, cell phones, lap tops, etc.

I go for the family experience and sights and sounds. I prefer to talk with my family members rather than listen to a machine. I prefer to look at the castle/architecture and enjoy the atmosphere instead of fiddling with a PDA.

The real intent is NOT to improve the experience. The real intent seems to be to influence the experience to increase profits. They want to tell you about toys, restaurants, etc. so you'll buy and spend more.

I might be wrong about this but lately Disney seems to be doing everything to maximize profit. If they can strike a true information/shill-advertising balance, I might be interested. But given there track record lately I don't hold out hope. I've already paid to get into the park. Do I need to pay to get information about it?

When given the opportunity, they seem less interesting in the "Magic" than the "Profit". They've forgetting they have profit because of the magic.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by all41
Heh Zippa..

I agree 100%. I don't go to WDW for pagers, cell phones, lap tops, etc.

I go for the family experience and sights and sounds. I prefer to talk with my family members rather than listen to a machine. I prefer to look at the castle/architecture and enjoy the atmosphere instead of fiddling with a PDA.

The real intent is NOT to improve the experience. The real intent seems to be to influence the experience to increase profits. They want to tell you about toys, restaurants, etc. so you'll buy and spend more.

I might be wrong about this but lately Disney seems to be doing everything to maximize profit. If they can strike a true information/shill-advertising balance, I might be interested. But given there track record lately I don't hold out hope. I've already paid to get into the park. Do I need to pay to get information about it?

When given the opportunity, they seem less interesting in the "Magic" than the "Profit". They've forgetting they have profit because of the magic.

EXACTLY! That's what I've been saying! Guests will be paying attention to the doll, listening to its jokes, and not only will they forget to interact among their own family, but they'll fail to apreciate all the magic around them. I guess people will only realize it when they start hitting into each other on the streets because they're all looking down to the PDA's and not paying attention. :lol: :hammer:

Invero

So here's my question...

What do they do with Pal Mickey's that get returned at the end of the day? The reason I ask is that when I buy or rent with the possibility of buying, I don't want a used Mickey... especially one that has another kids germs all over it. I mean, who knows what that kid did with it... dropped it on the ground, sneezed on it... ick,

Scooter

Pal Mickey...what a great idea!

Just think...people can find yet ANOTHER way to take advantage of a good thing and screw it up for us honest people.

I wonder how long it will be before these PAL Mickeys will start showing up on E BAY and the greedy people will try and sell them for more than what they paid for them.

How long will it be before people start renting their PAL Mickeys to friends and family for $6 bucks a Day so THEY can make a profit.

I say Congrats Disney...for coming up with a new way to boost profits for your stockholders and provide guests with entertainment while standing in long boring lines.

Shame on the people who will try once again to "Beat The System" and force Disney to spend more money to make this PAL Mickey thing " Greedy People Proof " which of course will raise the price of PAL Mickeys for us, the honest people.

Bagheera

On a side note about PDAs at the parks, I carry my Palm with me for three reasons.

1) I take notes for writing trip reports.

2) I have all of the menus from Deb's site synched to the Palm, so if we're looking for a place to get something specific to eat and we're having problems remembering details (who has PB&J, who has chicken fingers, who has other alternatives), we can go straight to the restaurant that we need without stopping by two or three places on a false start.

3) I have the entertainment schedules for all of the parks from Steve Soares' site synched to my Palm so that if I need to check what time something is running in another park to plan some park-hopping, I've got it available.

If the Destination Disney PDA gives me #2 and #3, as well as letting my make a PS from wherever I am, I'll take my trip report notes on paper and use their PDA instead of mine.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
So here's my question...

What do they do with Pal Mickey's that get returned at the end of the day? The reason I ask is that when I buy or rent with the possibility of buying, I don't want a used Mickey... especially one that has another kids germs all over it. I mean, who knows what that kid did with it... dropped it on the ground, sneezed on it... ick,

:sohappy:

Excellent point Bish!! I was thinking the same thing!

Quentin Disney

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
So here's my question...

Here is some info that I read about Pal Mickey.

Pal Mickey has a "removeable skin". So, when you return your Pal Mickey at the end of the day, the "skin" will be sent out and cleaned.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Quentin Disney
Here is some info that I read about Pal Mickey.

Pal Mickey has a "removeable skin". So, when you return your Pal Mickey at the end of the day, the "skin" will be sent out and cleaned.

I hope only the rentals are like that. Can you imagine a little kid getting home and all of a sudden skinning Mickey? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom