Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Disney2017

According to my insider disney is still dragging the idea of Paint the night coming to WDW. (I am not saying it is coming but they still are dragging that idea)

Disney2017

My close friend that works in Disney backstage said they/have been planing stuff for a new nighttime parade! Imagineers have been going around the parade storage buildings with blue prints hopefully this is true!

drizgirl

My close friend that works in Disney backstage said they/have been planing stuff for a new nighttime parade! Imagineers have been going around the parade storage buildings with blue prints hopefully this is true!
Yeah, that needed to be done a couple years ago, before the old parade left. Who knows how long it could take from what you describe until they have a new night parade step off again in the MK.

aladdin2007

Came across this video, interesting parade lol. Pretty sad a non Disney park can build a nice light parade and WDW can't :rolleyes:.

dollywood also debuted a christmas light parade this past season, not sure how good it was but the promo pictures looked really nice.

yet Disney trashed spectro, (inept management) and doesn't want to bother or spend $ for a new one, (chapek and TDO) :banghead:

TTA94

This isn't anything we didn't already know, but from another thread on here, There is a slim chance a borrowed parade is coming to MK but a possibility of the parade meant for the 50th being rushed into production for 2017 or 2018..

I think the big question here is do we Really want the 50th parade rushed into production? Not only will that mean one less entertainment offering for the actual 50th, but very likely we would end up getting a watered down, axed, cheap version of a originally planned state of the art, amazing, mind blowing parade that blows both Paint The Night and Dreamlights out of the water! (or street) ;)

jrhwdw

This isn't anything we didn't already know, but from another thread on here, There is a slim chance a borrowed parade is coming to MK but a possibility of the parade meant for the 50th being rushed into production for 2017 or 2018..

I think the big question here is do we Really want the 50th parade rushed into production? Not only will that mean one less entertainment offering for the actual 50th, but very likely we would end up getting a watered down, axed, cheap version of a originally planned state of the art, amazing, mind blowing parade that blows both Paint The Night and Dreamlights out of the water! (or street) ;)
Forgive me but they should really green light something now and worry about the 50th later. We know TDL isn't waiting till the 35th for the Dreamlights renewal!

TTA94

Forgive me but they should really green light something now and worry about the 50th later. We know TDL isn't waiting till the 35th for the Dreamlights renewal!

Yeah they could debut the new parade soon then update it for the 50th... but let's be honestly here we all know that isn't likely to happen. Maybe green lighting a nighttime parade now could open the door for a FoF replacement for the 50th instead.

TTA94

tumblr_inline_oby16hqB2C1qbujt4_540.png

Maybe this could be a concept for MK after all lol. Looks like some repurposed Dreamlights floats and some new ones.

TTA94

They are more likely to borrow from the left and ask guests to walk down Main Street with their smartphones held high in an impromptu light parade.

The Mickey and Minnie float looks intriguing though lol. Maybe this was a idea TDL had for a new parade. I don't think this years Dreamlights update will include those floats, unless it's a surprise.

Last edited:

Ag11gani

tumblr_inline_oby16hqB2C1qbujt4_540.png

Maybe this could be a concept for MK after all lol. Looks like some repurposed Dreamlights floats and some new ones.

Pretty sure this isn't for MK or even TDL, it looks like it is something to do with the Japanese phone network operator Docomo, who dosn't even sponsor dreamlights but Happiness is Here. Maybe they're switching sponsors or it's just an ad for disney phone cases in Japan.

Disney2017

DL's Paint the night was actually rushed, They were supposed to make a new nighttime parade but since they did not have enough time to make one for the 60th they just went with paint the night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom