packing tips for infants and toddlers

Everyone has great suggestions! the only thing that I would like to add is to pack your diapers. we pack ours because that just means that when we leave that we have that extra space in the luggage for any souvenirs that make their way home with us. And unless you are going to use garden grocers or go to the store, we pack some nonperishable snacks, stuff like pop tarts, fruit snacks, stuff like that. that stuff is great to bring with you to calm little hissy fits, small hunger pangs, and quick breakfasts in the morning. again, if you pack this stuff, it just translates into more room for stuff on the way back :animwink:.

We'll be down there at the same time, so maybe we'll run into each other!!!!:wave:

KC82271

I have a question regarding the pack and plays. I have a true Graco Pack n Play that is square shaped like the old playpens. When my daughter was little, she is now 20 months old, we had a rectangular pack n play that was like a mini crib that had the bassinet attachment that could be placed in the top. Which kind do they have at Pop Century. I don't think my daughter would fit in the rectangular one anymore. Just wondering if I should bring my own (we are driving). Thanks for the help!

Just at PC in November and had the rectangular one - as well as the last two times. At 2 years, she fit in it. At 2.5, she didn't even get into it - not because she didn't fit, but we already had her in a bed at home, so she wanted the bed.

NewfieFan

Hi everyone,

We are leaving to go to WDW on the 28th, I am so excited!!! We will be bringing our 3 year old and our 13 month old. I have not been to WDW with them yet, but have been many many times myself. My question is, could I get some tips and suggestions on what I should pack for little ones? Is there any must haves while vacationing that I may not think of? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help.

My kids were 3 and 14 months on our trip this past June! I'll leave out the obvious items but I'll tell you a few that I found good and used a lot!

- Hand sanitizer (but I used the foaming kind - easier for small kids to use). This is great for quick hand washing when you can't get to a washroom!

- Glow sticks/glow products. These came in handy a lot. When a ride was dark or had a dark spot in it, the glow stick really helped my 3 year old (who is very afraid of the dark). They also loved them at night and I didn't need to buy any of the Disney glow products (which can get expensive)!!!

- Ziploc bags. I think these have been mentioned before but not only are they good for putting soiled clothes/bibs in, they're also great for leftovers! Now, I'm not suggesting you clean off your plate into the bag!:p But as I'm sure you already know, kids don't always finish their food and then an hour later they're starved and looking for more! A lot of food can be saved (ie. vegetable sticks, fruit, bread rolls, etc.) and then brought out again for a quick snack later on.

- Disposable bibs. These have also been mentioned but they really are great! For really messy foods just let them eat away and then you throw it away!

- Something to clean the sippy cups with! The last time I brought a small container of dish liquid (which leaked in my suitcase, dispite protecting it in a bag) but I have since found disposable dish cloths with dish detergent added. I will be bringing these on our next trip!

- I also brought my own beach towel to the parks. If the kids got wet it was great (there are places to play in water) and I also used it for a sun shade on my youngest child's stroller. When she fell asleep in the stroller I just threw it over the canopy and it gave her a little shade (and darkness) while she napped!

- Something to tie on your stroller to identify it. This tip is good for a rented stroller and/or your own stroller (I don't know what you're bringing). I got a couple of bright/tacky scarves and tied them to both of my own strollers. Even if you bring your own stroller(s) there's bound to be another stroller that looks like yours. Having something identifiable on the strollers helped me to locate them when I came out of an attraction (as the cast members do move around the strollers and organize them).

I think that's all I have to suggest at the moment (I didn't mean to write a novel here)! But if you have any questions feel free to pm me! Have a great trip!!!

mousebymarriage

Important!

* I read somewhere about these cleaning cloths that had dish detergent built right into them but, I checked everywhere and could not find them and the store workers had never heard of them before. Well, it finally dawned on me to check the camping section of Wal-Mart and they had sponges that came in a 3 pack (the sponges are small and have a scrubby side) they are made by Scotchbrite and are pre-loaded with dish detergent. Scotchbrite calls the Campware Companions. I bought a pack for about $2.00 for my trip to Disney next week, they are perfect for cleaning the refillable mugs. I also don't have to worry about any dish liquid spilling in my suitcase.

NewfieFan

Important!

* I read somewhere about these cleaning cloths that had dish detergent built right into them but, I checked everywhere and could not find them and the store workers had never heard of them before. Well, it finally dawned on me to check the camping section of Wal-Mart and they had sponges that came in a 3 pack (the sponges are small and have a scrubby side) they are made by Scotchbrite and are pre-loaded with dish detergent. Scotchbrite calls the Campware Companions. I bought a pack for about $2.00 for my trip to Disney next week, they are perfect for cleaning the refillable mugs. I also don't have to worry about any dish liquid spilling in my suitcase.

Hey, I'll have to look for those! I couldn't find the cleaning cloths as well that other people had mentioned. I think Dawn use to make them but they're not on the market anymore (at least no one can find them anymore)! The ones that I found (that I mentioned in my post above), I found in a dollar store! There's about 4 or 5 in a box (I think) and they were $2.00. Now I don't know how good they are - maybe I should try one before I pack them! Well, obviously there are options out there for us and now my luggage won't smell "lemon fresh"!:p

tooltime

well their not toddlers but on our last trip i think the best thing i packed was a soft night light.

the blackout curtains really made absolute darkness.

MinnieMee

We have bought a Kiddopotamus Rayshade sunshade which attaches to any kind of stroller with a hood or sunshade (to support it) and it gives pretty much head to toe cover as it sticks quite far out. It is UPF 50 aswell which is great extra protection. We use it with our stroller in the UK but I have seen them on the Walmart site for half of what we pay in the UK! (typical!)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4631112

Hope that link works.

As for anything else I think pretty much everything else has been covered. The only thing we make sure we do is to part fill the sippy cups with water the night before and freeze them. In the morning top them up and that means that they have lovely cold water to drink all day. The water gradually melts so stays cool. (workds for us grown ups too!)

Lx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom