packing tips for infants and toddlers

nicole3874

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

We are leaving to go to WDW on the 28th, I am so excited!!! We will be bringing our 3 year old and our 13 month old. I have not been to WDW with them yet, but have been many many times myself. My question is, could I get some tips and suggestions on what I should pack for little ones? Is there any must haves while vacationing that I may not think of? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help.

maggiegrace1

The basics really

Clothes..lots of extra changes
Diapers and wipes
Baby food and snacks and formula if you use any
medicines..any and all
hand sanitizer
sippy cups and pacifiers if used
fave toys or blankets
anything that would make them feel comfortable or make them feel like "home"
Stain remover
bug spray or wipes
hats for the sun
rain gear
plastic bags for diapers and clothes in case of accidents
changing pad for the bathrooms
If you are driving there or even flying..things to keep them occupied while on the trip there.

Thats all I can think of now..we have to bring so much extra stuff with my 2 year old because she is tube fed but just things that they use each and every day.

Also..follow their lead...take lots of breaks and just slow down and enjoy the trip..

Have a great time!

Oh..Sunscreen
q-tips
chap stick
bandaids
neosporin
ziplock baggies
lotions and powders
shampoos and soaps

mousefan1972

Hi everyone,

We are leaving to go to WDW on the 28th, I am so excited!!! We will be bringing our 3 year old and our 13 month old. I have not been to WDW with them yet, but have been many many times myself. My question is, could I get some tips and suggestions on what I should pack for little ones? Is there any must haves while vacationing that I may not think of? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help.

Our kids were the same age as yours when we took them for the first time. (They're now 4 and 2). Maggiegrace1 gave quite a comprehensive list, but I will add that if you do forget anything, Disney has pretty much anything you would need. The parks have babycare stations where you can buy any baby related items you made need, and the resort shops are also full of supplies. So don't stress if something is left behind! (or if your kid loses binkies like mind does....) :hammer:

mousebymarriage

The only things that I would add to the list is your own crib sheet and blanket (a crib sheet that would fit a pack n play). I always brought my own because it smelled and felt like the ones at home and it help my little ones sleep better. Oh and bring some antibacterial wipes (like lysol or clorox etc.) They will come in handy to wipe down the "crib" since other babies were in there and who knows what cooties were left behind. They are also great to give the rental strollers a quick wipe down.

**The most important things:
Saftey plug covers (the cheap plastic ones you pop into the outlets to keep little fingers out) and a cheap nite light if your little ones are used to sleeping with one.

maggiegrace1

Oh yes the night light thing is a great idea..we did that and we brought her CD player with her princess lullaby cd like we play every night at home.

We also brought the crib sheet and blanket too.

I also brought lots of socks for her to wear on the hotel room floor instead of always having bare feet.

nicole3874

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great ideas, some I would never have thought of, like my own crib sheets. Are they pack n plays or cribs? B/C I have both types of sheets. And also, how did you pack a cd player or did you find a nice small portable one?

KC82271

My DD is extremely fair skinned. I brought tons of sunscreen, a bunch of sunglasses and sun bonnets. But the most important thing at an early age - an umbrella for the stroller. Yes, you probably are bringing a stroller that has some type of head-cover, but I went with the "radio-flyer" bright red extra umbrella. I attached it to the front of the carriage and this way DD was totally protected from the sun.

Enjoy!

happymom52003

My DD is extremely fair skinned. I brought tons of sunscreen, a bunch of sunglasses and sun bonnets. But the most important thing at an early age - an umbrella for the stroller. Yes, you probably are bringing a stroller that has some type of head-cover, but I went with the "radio-flyer" bright red extra umbrella. I attached it to the front of the carriage and this way DD was totally protected from the sun.

Enjoy!

Great idea. For our baby we bought a shade that attached to the edge of the stroller canopy to extend it, and it was a lifesaver in that Florida sun. But I can't remember where I got it.:hammer:

happymom52003

We also take a little white noise machine....works like a dream for our toddler. It really helps block out alot of sound. We even use it for her at home everynight because it worked so well the first time we took it on a trip.

mousebymarriage

The last I knew the resorts had pack n play's not actual cribs. I never brought my own CD player but, I always bring a small table top fan. My kids are used to sleeping with one since they were born because as infants their bassinets were in my bedroon and I always slept with a table top fan on. I guess it's our version of a white noise thing. You can buy one for under $10 at Wal-Mart or Target.

mousefan1972

Thanks for all the great ideas, some I would never have thought of, like my own crib sheets. Are they pack n plays or cribs? B/C I have both types of sheets. And also, how did you pack a cd player or did you find a nice small portable one?

At WL we had a pack n' play, but at the Poly (both times) we had a crib.
Definitely call the resort and check. :wave:

maggiegrace1

We had a pack and play and at Babies R US we got a cd player that you hook on the edge of a crib or you can sit on a nightstand..It was under $20..:)

We also got a fan that you clip on the stroller also.

sherylemomof2

We took disposable bibs also big help. If you are onh formula take it or ship ahead cannot always find your brand there. baby food also much picked over and hard to find for us.
we took our twins when they were 11 months old and shipped all needed baby foods, formuula , wipes diapers and bibs to hotel due to limited luggage space this helped us so much.
Also bottle brush for the bottles! Sheryle

mousebymarriage

We took disposable bibs also big help. If you are onh formula take it or ship ahead cannot always find your brand there. baby food also much picked over and hard to find for us.
we took our twins when they were 11 months old and shipped all needed baby foods, formuula , wipes diapers and bibs to hotel due to limited luggage space this helped us so much.
Also bottle brush for the bottles! Sheryle
I forgot about the formula thing. My DD was on special formula when she was an infant and it was impossible to find especially in those small travel ready to feed cans(those are awesome because you don't have to worry about ice packs etc.). Anyway, I just contacted the formula company and had them ship it right to Florida.

nicole3874

Original Poster
Luckily DS is not on formula anymore, but when he wa he was on a special formula as well. I am so grateful for all the ideas. I am making my packing list up now as we speak.

tink68

I have not taken my little one there yet either but I dread the packing when I do. I have heard alot of people say they had everything shipped ahead, especially if they are flying. Don't know if you are flying or driving but that is one thing to consider. When my DD was little loud noises scared her so something to cover their ears may be a good idea for fireworks. Sunscreen, lip balm and sun glasses are a must. Make sure you get your older one some sun glasses on a rope. Saves her from loosing them and from you always having to hold them.
Hope you have lots of fun.:wave:
Sheri

mousebymarriage

Oh I forgot 1 more thing for your 3 year old. A small flashlight, you can pick them up at any dollar store. When my DD was 2 1/2 she totally freaked out in the Snow White ride , which had never been a problem before, after that she was terrified of any rides that were dark or semi-dark. A very sweet CM, a young man in is very early 20's gave us his flashlight when he saw how scared she was to go into the Winnie-the-pooh ride. It worked like a charm! We brought one with us the next time and then when my son was 2 until he was 4. It helped them feel like they were in control and they weren't afraid of any ride after that, even Haunted Mansion which can be really scarry for little ones.

fruitcake

I have a question regarding the pack and plays. I have a true Graco Pack n Play that is square shaped like the old playpens. When my daughter was little, she is now 20 months old, we had a rectangular pack n play that was like a mini crib that had the bassinet attachment that could be placed in the top. Which kind do they have at Pop Century. I don't think my daughter would fit in the rectangular one anymore. Just wondering if I should bring my own (we are driving). Thanks for the help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom