Packing time!

Bri1121

Ok so this board has some great suggestions on everything. I am now at the packing stage and looking for some tips. Already skimming through the boards I came up with night light, ponchos, chargers for the camera(something I would have probably forget!).... I really need to make a list on the computer so I refer back to it every time we travel! Someone suggested walking through the house thinking of your normal day and write down the things you do- brush teeth, put hair up, take off make up etc. Any other tips?!? We have two kids- 6 and 3!

I know its hot hot hot but should I bring sweat shirts for the kids? For cold rides or restaurants? Debating?

Thanks everyone!!

8 days and a few hours!!:sohappy:

HouCuseChickie

I don't know how anyone else feels on the sweatshirts, but we're skipping them for our trip next month.

It's so tough to pack when there are younger children involved b/c you have to be proactive and anticipate so many little things. For me, that usually means a few extra changes of clothes, wet ones, stain sticks, child sunblocks for body and face, their princess baseball caps, my ipod since it can play their bed time music and later act like a night light, all of their meds they may need, glow things for night time events, security blankets or animals, a bed time book or 2, the stroller, kool aid packets for their drink cups, light easy snacks (like fruit snacks) in case we're in a jam and really need it, etc. The list just goes on and on forever.

Of course, I always forget 3 or 4 things and they are always things for me... like hairspray, toothbrush, etc.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

I have 4 kids and pretty much pack everything :brick: we own! My kids have been know to get chilly at night or in the early morning. In October of '10 we have tons of picutres with our kids in hoodies the same for our firework and night parades. They are a pain to have in our stroller, but I pack them in with our rain gear and put them underneath and usuall forget until someone is chilly. Our kids also freeze during Pirates and Haunted Manison.
So my two cents take them, stuff them into the smallest space possible.
Have a great trip, we are about 46 days out:wave:

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

I bring a travel size bottle of dishwashing liquid to wash the refillable mugs. And this time I'm bringing a sample size of detergent just in case I have to wash something. (I usually bring enough clothes for each day plus 1 more outfit.)

We also bring water add-ins for the water bottles. I have a baggie full of all different flavors.

And finally I bring a toothbrush holder with a suction cup to stick to the mirror and put all our toothbrushes and toothpaste in to keep it off the counter.

Happy packing!

:wave:

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

No matter how hard I try to remember everything to bring each time we go to WDW, we always leave home forgetting something. We figure if we ddin't remember to bring it, we can buy it at Publix or Walmart.

Upvote 0

Bri1121

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!! I knew you guys would have some great tips! I am printing that Ultimate Packing List- I think its good for anywhere!

Added- stain sticks, dish soap, blister first aid! and sweatshirts. One for each kids shouldn't take up too much room!! They do tend to get cold, especially in the restaurants!

I always bring extra outfits. My mom is staying at a DVC and has laundry in unit if we need it but I am going as we are not washing. And I know some days we will need two outfits, each!

Can't wait to get the suit cases out!!

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

I saw an old thread on this question, but since you are asking about packing, i wanna see if anyone has "new" opinions....has anyone ever used Space Saver bags to pack their suitcase? I dont necessarily want to pack more as much as i want extra room to bring stuff home without bringing another suitcase....they have the bags that u roll out the air instead of vacuuming it out...... sorry i used your thread to ask a question...but with all the great packing suggestions i thought everyone could help!

Upvote 0

Mrs. Jobson

I saw an old thread on this question, but since you are asking about packing, i wanna see if anyone has "new" opinions....has anyone ever used Space Saver bags to pack their suitcase? I dont necessarily want to pack more as much as i want extra room to bring stuff home without bringing another suitcase....they have the bags that u roll out the air instead of vacuuming it out...... sorry i used your thread to ask a question...but with all the great packing suggestions i thought everyone could help!

I used them the last time we went. They worked really well until I had to pack again to come home. Before we left I used the vacuum to get the air out but re-packing was not as easy. Yeah, they say you can squeeze the air out but it is not as good as the vacuum was. It did save a lot of space though. It's worth the try!:D

Upvote 0

LilSuzy

Try to find sunblock that doesn't sting when accidentially rubbed into their eyes (my kids used the back of their hands and rubbed it right in) I use the spray but not for their face(s) This became an issue at the last theme park we went to....just a heads up :)

Upvote 0

Bri1121

Original Poster
Yea I always get cold too so does my daughter! And then if my son sees her doing something he wants it too!!

I hate when the kids get sunblock in there eyes!! The worst!

I am officially in packing mode. Tomorrow the suitcases come out so I have somewhere to put these clothes!!!

Upvote 0

sbkline

As far as the sweatshirt question, I can't imagine any scenario in July or August which would require a sweatshirt. The only cold attraction I can think of right now would be the Penguin Encounter at Sea World if you choose to visit there, and even then, you're not in there long enough to need to bundle up. It would just be a nice cool diversion from a hot day.

Having said all that, I will try to list the things we always remember to pack. And we road trip from Illinois, and have a 5 year old and a two year old, for what that's worth, so if you fly, or drive from a much closer distance, some of what I put may be inapplicable for you.

Cell phones and Chargers
Camera and Charger
Beach Towels and Beach toys for our visit to the ocean
Beach recliners
Tank tops, shorts, and all other necessary clothing for a 10 night stay (or however long you're staying)
DVDs for the road trip
All necessary toiletries: razor, shaving cream, hair dryer, etc
Alarm clock
Pillows for the road trip
Coolers with snacks and drinks...although we will not do this from now on, since we'll be bringing our daughter for the first time and will need all the space in the van that we can for her and her stuff.
Stroller
Playpen, if applicable
laptop computer
Sunscreen

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom