Overrated WDW Experiences

Pan

Honey I Shrunk the Audience doesn't do it for me. I also don't get that much thrill out of the motion simulators- Star Tours and Body Wars. I like the real thing, i.e. Rock n Roller Coaster. I know Living with the Land gets high ratings, but to me it's a big snooze.

Blasphemers! You should all be ashamed of yourselves! Those of you who said CoP or the old JITI should be placed in the stockades in Liberty Square! Those attractions encompass the total imagination and excitement that WDW is supposed to be all about. And Tarzan Rocks does really Rock---it is a very cool show! I can't believe what I've read here! :cry: :cry: :cry:
You should all be chastized forever! My poor innocent eyes!

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
All of the shows like Tarzan Rocks, Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast are just awful. They're boring as all get out and nothing about them appeal to me. I go to the parks to ride the rides, not see some lousy shows.

orlpassholder

I have to say my only let down / overrated ride was the Indiana Jones show at MGM I remeber when they closed it saying it was getting a whole new feel etc I thought man alright a new Indie story NOPE same old show err only thing new is fast pass :hammer:

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by SilentRascal
All of the shows like Tarzan Rocks, Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast are just awful. They're boring as all get out and nothing about them appeal to me. I go to the parks to ride the rides, not see some lousy shows.

To each his own! I myself am not a big parade/show fan, but some people love them! I usually watch each one one time,and am satisfied...although I always enjoy Illuminations and ToT parade(ToD), if it isn't too crowded. I can't believe that all of the shows are lousy! I also don't like ToT, but don't think the people riding it are short-attention-span thrill seekers, either! That's what makes the WHOLE wdw experience so much fun...something for everyone! Now, if you usually enjoy shows, and feel one is overated, that's different.

NowInc

I too dislike all shows and parades..so you arent alone....I feel when a parade is going on, its a prime opportunity to hop on a few rides before it gets crouded again ;)

Beauty and the

For Me the most over rated dianey Experience has to be Dinner at Cindy's Castle :- The place has a cold formal atmosphere, there are very few characters, the food is awful especially the children's menu. The only cool thing about it is the Mickey Mouse made out of butter he was neat:animwink:

Maria

Originally posted by Daisy A
I've seen every parade once (except for the old Tapestry of Nations)- and thats it. For some reason I don't like my ankles being bruised by over eager parents pushing their strollers into me. At any rate just about every parade is nice once and then its nice when everyone watches th parade and the lines are short. Anyway thats my two cents....

~Daisy A

Funny you mention it, because the idea with ToN was that people would be walking around while the parade was going on, that´s why it was interactive. What happened was, that guests were so used to sit on the sidewalks and wait for the parade to begin, that they caused a mess, and crowd control was so hard to do. We kept telling people that they could watch it as they go, and woudln´t miss anything, but it was hard to make them understand they woulnd´t miss it. *shrug*
So after some attempts, Disney decided to really stablish a crowd control system for ToN. It made me a little claustrophobic sometimes...
I guess there is a whole "parade culture" now, huh? ;)

CookieGVB

Re: Remember the Magic parade.

Originally posted by Carl
Second, I think the Cinderella's Breakfast is over hyped.

I cannot agree more. Maybe it's because I have two boys, but I can't see what all the fuss is about. It was nice and all, but the frenzy over eating there is puzzling. :confused:

Disney Dave

I'd have to say Fantasmic. I meen it wasnt bad but to me it was overrated, especially for the amount of time i had to wait inline for it.

Scooter

For me the most over rated show was Country Bear Jamboree.

For some reason we kept missing it year after year and everytime we got back from our Disney Trip I would say..."Next time we go, we GOTTA see Country Bear Jamboree...we just HAVE to see it!"

Well, we finally saw it on our last trip and I found it to be the most BORING, noisy, and way too long show that I have ever seen in my life. People were walking out halfway through the show in discust. I was tempted to leave my self but didn't want to disturb the guests that were sleeping next to me. :snore:

This is only MY opinion now so don't you all come after me.:lookaroun

As far as Alien Encounter goes...I thought it was great ONCE but after you have been on it one time, you know whats coming and the thrill is gone. I rode it a 2nd time and was totally dissapointed. I will never ride it again unless I'm with someone who has never ridden it. It's fun to watch the look on the first timers faces. :eek:

Tramp

I originally posted the "Remember the Magic Parade" but the "Tapestry of Nations" parade may even be worse because it was so broadly hyped....promoted everywhere....!
I can't for the life of me figure why people love this parade....I watched it both day and night and I would rather watch paint dry than to sit thru that again.:hurl:

dwldzm9

Overrated.. hmmm

Well, I loved World of Motion, JIYI, CoP, and Mr. Toad. I do however despise parades for the most part. I thought ToN and MSEP were cool, but that's about it.

As far as rides go...How about any ride like dumbo! (Hub and spoke?) We now have 4 of these at WDW and as far as I'm concerned one was enough. I understand they don't exactly build these for an older audience but I think they're unimaginative and lame. I also have a real big problem with simulator rides, but something tells me that if mission space is considered a Simulator ride I will still like it. That said, I am a big Star Wars fan and really wish they could figure out a way to do a tasteful star wars ride. Oh, and how about the new tiki room? I can't wait to get back to DL so I can see the REAL show. Finally, I never really got into autopia. They just kind of seemed like glorified go-karts to me, but then again they probably aren't aimed for my age group.

OK, enough wining. Thanks for listening to my outflow of negative energy!

Maria

Originally posted by Tramp
I originally posted the "Remember the Magic Parade" but the "Tapestry of Nations" parade may even be worse because it was so broadly hyped....promoted everywhere....!
I can't for the life of me figure why people love this parade....I watched it both day and night and I would rather watch paint dry than to sit thru that again.:hurl:

Me neither! I posted somewhere else that the intention was not having people sit through it. I can´t do that for ToN (or for ToD when I get to see it). I do that for the others but I get kinda desperate to move... but that´s me.... My family and I walked throught WSC while ToN, but it was kinda hard to do it at some places b/c people block the way! and the parade was so slow!! :rolleyes:

gepetto

I hate all the shows and parades. I remember my first trip looking at everyone sitting around main street waiting for the parade. I thought it was about to start since it was pretty crowded. Nope. Didn't start for a couple of hours. Illuminations was the same way.

I hate the shows too. It irritates me to no end when the CM says "move to the end of the row" and everyone just plops down in the middle. :rolleyes:

That new Aladin ride was pretty bad. Dumbo on a carpet. Not a lot to it.

Tom Morrow

There aren't too many things I hate at Disney World, but if I had to pick, I'd say most of the live action shows (beauty and the beast, Tarzan Rocks). The only one I thought was OK was the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Some people love those shows, but I could care less if I see them. Maybe if they had original stories instead of trying to retell the movies in 20 minutes...

The parades, IMO, are even worse. Aside from Spectromagic and the Electrical Parade, I think they are horrible! You stand around for a half hour waiting for 5 or 6 floats to go by, which takes FOREVER because they travel about one foot per minute. Then, you've got a 2 minute song looping over and over blasting from everywhere, and anxious, crying kids and annoyed parents yelling at the kids. Once, when I actually sat down to watch a parade, I left to go to the bathroom, and when I came back, the floats didn't even seem to have moved! thats how slow it is.

This is how Disney makes a parade:
Disney World Parade Design Checklist:
Theme - Remembering something about Disney/Disney World
Characters - draw top characters out of a hat
Floats - make all 6 of them nearly the same, powered by a hampster running on a wheel
Music - Throw together a 2 minute song that is intended to get on your nerves after 3 listens
Other - make sure parade stops for 5 minutes after moving every 5 feet, thus giving a chance for audience interaction (kids running everywhere; controlled chaos)

Of course, there is one thing I like about the parades - while all the fools are watching, I'm riding my favorite rides over and over with no wait! Mwuahahahaha!

ToTBellHop

I like most of the disney parades...I wasn't a big fan of Magical Moments after the 2nd year, but I enjoy Tapestry, Jammin' Jungle, and SpectroMagic is my favorite parade of all time...I am a Spectro-Addict...I sing "On this Magic Night" in my sleep...

talkinghands

Originally posted by Maria

Funny you mention it, because the idea with ToN was that people would be walking around while the parade was going on, that´s why it was interactive. What happened was, that guests were so used to sit on the sidewalks and wait for the parade to begin, that they caused a mess, and crowd control was so hard to do. We kept telling people that they could watch it as they go, and woudln´t miss anything, but it was hard to make them understand they woulnd´t miss it. *shrug*
So after some attempts, Disney decided to really stablish a crowd control system for ToN. It made me a little claustrophobic sometimes...
I guess there is a whole "parade culture" now, huh? ;)

Actually as far as I can see TON and TOD would be absolutely a horror for people like me who depend on wheelchairs and interpreters. It could not be interpreted if the crowd was not stable and I don't think you want my power wheelcahir moving around those big puppets.

BTW I love parades and shows and there are actually few rides I can handle easily

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom