Overnight parking charges to increase at Walt Disney World Resort hotels June 2019

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Passes that are basically a give away - COMPARED to what international and non Floridian tourists pay and contribute in total to Disney - ie, international tourists will spend more, book hotels, dine at Disney, buy merchandise.

That's a fun posture, but we spend as much as or more than short term guests. It's just spread out over a longer period of time.

Compare this to a local Floridian - who will not stay at a hotel, probably come to the parks with a full meal, have their own vehicles, etc

Except that you're wrong about that. I've personally stayed on property dozens of times over the years. Sure I've slowed that down as I mentioned in this thread or another, but historically I've probably spent significantly more money with Disney than you have since I started going in the 80s.

It's a nonsense that local residents get such a perk - and makes no sense. If anything their presence contributes to the over crowding issues and puts off high paying international tourists due to the crowd issues (which is often the biggest gripe about Disney).

It's time Disney did away with these cheap local passes.

It's not nonsense, Disney obviously sees a benefit to providing the perk. It's more profitable for them to give parking to passholders than to not, if it wasn't they wouldn't do it. In 2009, they offered the weekday pass that did not include parking. The biggest feedback from passholder guests is that it was hurting their bottom line to do that, so they changed it.

If passholders are a problem for you, you're always welcome to stay home. :joyfull:

montyz81

I never said they didn’t own the land. I said the land is very expensive and Disney doesn't have much of it.

But you already know that.
OK. Still trying to figure out why they are charging for parking if they own the land. I am staying for a week in Maui and a week in Oahu (@ Aulani. The resort I am staying at in Maui has less land on a smaller Island and they are not charging for parking. Just saying, Disney is finding every way to make Bob's bonus for the year despite the fact that they made over a billion on Endgame.

peter11435

OK. Still trying to figure out why they are charging for parking if they own the land. I am staying for a week in Maui and a week in Oahu (@ Aulani. The resort I am staying at in Maui has less land on a smaller Island and they are not charging for parking. Just saying, Disney is finding every way to make Bob's bonus for the year despite the fact that they made over a billion on Endgame.
They do it because it makes money and offsets the cost of owning and maintaining parking facilities.

The four seasons next door to Aulani also charges for parking. Significantly more than Aulani actually.

Por-Favor-Manténgase

We've stayed on property at least once every year since 2000. This past March was the first time we stayed off property, primarily due to the parking fee addition. It just pushed us over the edge. We rented a timeshare home that was 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with a fully supplied kitchen and laundry for about $94 per night. We were about 10 minutes from Main Gate. I'll never stay on property again.

jbolen2

I'm waiting for the day they start charging a parking fee for the actual campers on top of the actual site rate. Sounds crazy but im sure they are trying to figure it out.

Jedi Osborn

They don’t want you to have a car because they don’t want you to be able to easily leave the property. They want you to rely on them so that they receive all of your vacation dollars. This is why they offer complimentary Magical Express.
I guess that makes sense.
I suppose it's just to the point where they can charge whatever they want for whatever they want and people will pay.

Kingtut

I mean at this d23 they better be saying new Electrical parade coming and we're in-contract for a new monorail fleet or something....
They are going to announce that they will be repainting the lines in all the resort parking lots with new already improved Disney Parking Paint ( also available at a store near you). you can't say you are getting nothing for your parking fee.

Disstevefan1

I'm not sure I understand.
We always stay on property and the Disney transportation seems stretched to its limits in the mornings and around closing time. I would think allowing more people to drive themselves would alleviate pressure on the WDW transportation system, thereby saving money.

Well I think we all can now agree, allowing more people to drive themselves, is MAKING MONEY for Disney. Parking at resorts at WDW is now another revenue stream for Disney!

Disstevefan1

Unless they intend to share parking revenue with their third party tenants (highly unlikely) I don’t expect them to start charging at Disney Springs any time soon. And remember Disney doesn’t technically own or operate the garages.

I really hope you are right and I am wrong!
Having said that, I am still sticking to my original prediction , it's a matter of when they start charging, no matter who is getting paid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom