Overdue for character changes

Greenlawler

Original Poster
First off let me clearly say this: I know that the vast majority of guest are not into the characters as much as I am. I know some people cannot afford to go as often as we do. But what about those of us who go often? What about those of us who do love the characters? I wish they would throw us some different characters more often. I am clearly not suggesting they do away with the VIP's or other main stay characters.

Three years ago Horace and Clarabelle appeared out of nowhere, and it was fabulous, but its been three years! Who cares that kids call Horace, Goofy. It has not stopped Disney from putting out Fowlfellow for the last 30 years. I mean when is the last time the Three Little Pigs were out? They should be on Main Street every once in a while. What will it take? Will there have to be a manager out there somewhere who says "okay lets break out some classics this month!?" Gideon, Fowlfellow, King Louie, Meeko, Timon, Gaphetto, etc...all great characters, but not characters who have to be out every day. Switch them up with some others occasionally like the pigs, Quasimodo, Gus perhaps? I mean think of the characters just in the parades who have not been out for meet n greets in years.

And while were on the topic

The MNSSHP has had the same characters with few exceptions for 5 years. This is a special event. I am not trying to start an argument it is a great event, but if its going to be special they should make every effort to jazz it up every year and not just let it be the smae old same old. This is where DW could learn a lesson from DL (dare I say) they have tons of villains and characters out for their Halloween event.

Just my point of view maybe it I will catch someones attention some day:lookaroun

sublimesting

I concur, there should be more variety. I have never seen any of the 7 Dwarfs except Dopey. If they had characters out all day every day it would serve to deflect about as many guests as an attraction. In other words it would be a cheap way to add an "attraction".

The Empress Lilly

I concur too! I love characters. That is, characters roaming about in the parks. I don't care for meet and greets. And please, some Disney originals for new rides, no more character tie-ins.

But bring out the characters! It's essential to the Disney magic!

And I love oldies and obscure ones. One of my fondest Disney memories, from when I was young, was meeting those two evil twins from Alice in Wonderland. One of 'em reached out his hand, so I did too, and shook hands with me. Bang! The b@stard had an electrical shocker, or buzzer, in his palm. What a shock! Got me shaking for minutes. :cry:

It was great! :D :lol:

Hi everyone, I am new here, but thought I would jump in on this thread about the characters. We were at DW last May and were disappointed at the limited amount of time the characters were out. I guess due to the heat they were only allowed to take pictures and sign autographs for 10-15 minutes. There were a lot of very sad little children in line who were turned down. It seemed like as soon as the characters were spotted and children began to form a line, the characters would leave. I love Disney World and it seems like the easiest thing would be to have more characters out more often. Anyway, we are hoping to take another trip in 2009.

DABIGCHEEZ

I have to agree!!!! Any of the ducks beside Donald and Daisy, The Robin Hood gang, Dwarves, Muppets, ..... heck, even Boo and other monsters from MI, or other BUGS from Bug's Life..... would make the trip even better.

hpyhnt 1000

I agree wholeheartedly on the idea of character variety. There's no need to keep it limited to just 10 or 15. Expand the list!

cmcmcm

A good place to find random characters...

--Epcot:
-The hallway outside Character Spot. Village Belle, Gideon, Mr Penguin, Marie, Queen of Hearts, Robin Hood, and Friar Tuck are there randomly.
-The little hub in America. Few days a month there will be everyone from Mickey to the Country Bears hanging out there.
-International Gateway. Meg has been spotted here before.

--Animal Kingdom:
-Oasis. Flik, Baloo, Brer Bear, Chip, Dale, Pluto, Rafiki and Timon are here daily.

--Magic Kingdom:
-The 'Tear Drop' in the very back of ToonTown past the princess room and hall of fame. King Louie, the Brers, Gepetto, Pinocchio, Terk, Suzy, Perla, Gideon, Foulfellow, Mr Penguin, Jane, Snow Queen, Maleficent...there probably a few times a month.
-Walking the line at Hall of Fame. Clarice has been spotted her many times.
-Town Square. Clarice has been there, and also a Snow Prince doing M&G's.

--Studios:
-Every day at 4 a whole slew of characters are out there. Pocahontas, Mulan, Belle, Snow White, Jasmine, Mr Penguin, Snow Queen, Tweedles, Queen of Hearts, Friar Tuck, Max, fab 5...tons of people!

joanna71985

Hi everyone, I am new here, but thought I would jump in on this thread about the characters. We were at DW last May and were disappointed at the limited amount of time the characters were out. I guess due to the heat they were only allowed to take pictures and sign autographs for 10-15 minutes. There were a lot of very sad little children in line who were turned down. It seemed like as soon as the characters were spotted and children began to form a line, the characters would leave. I love Disney World and it seems like the easiest thing would be to have more characters out more often. Anyway, we are hoping to take another trip in 2009.

They have to do that. It is way too hot to be out any longer then that. And for the record, the characters usually come back out. They aren't just out one time a day.

DABIGCHEEZ

A good place to find random characters...

--Epcot:
-The hallway outside Character Spot. Village Belle, Gideon, Mr Penguin, Marie, Queen of Hearts, Robin Hood, and Friar Tuck are there randomly.
-The little hub in America. Few days a month there will be everyone from Mickey to the Country Bears hanging out there.
-International Gateway. Meg has been spotted here before.

--Animal Kingdom:
-Oasis. Flik, Baloo, Brer Bear, Chip, Dale, Pluto, Rafiki and Timon are here daily.

--Magic Kingdom:
-The 'Tear Drop' in the very back of ToonTown past the princess room and hall of fame. King Louie, the Brers, Gepetto, Pinocchio, Terk, Suzy, Perla, Gideon, Foulfellow, Mr Penguin, Jane, Snow Queen, Maleficent...there probably a few times a month.
-Walking the line at Hall of Fame. Clarice has been spotted her many times.
-Town Square. Clarice has been there, and also a Snow Prince doing M&G's.

--Studios:
-Every day at 4 a whole slew of characters are out there. Pocahontas, Mulan, Belle, Snow White, Jasmine, Mr Penguin, Snow Queen, Tweedles, Queen of Hearts, Friar Tuck, Max, fab 5...tons of people!

Thanks for the locations. We go each year and we have seen most of this list plus some others each year for the past 5 years... with the exception being Robin Hood(the only one we can find is Friar Tuck, Robin Hood not in a few years, rarely Prince John and Little John and never Maid Marian or Sherriff.) Just saying it would be nice to see some new Meet & Greets since they have so many more they can put into the rotation and use for training.

philipneil

While the average visitor without children may not consider character meet-and-greets as a priority or huge highlight, I find it adds so much to the magical experience. During a visit in 2005 I was able to finally get my pic taken with Robin Hood (my favorite) and luckily found Friar tuck, the Sheriff and Prince John on the same trip. These simple photo-ops, taking maybe a total of 4 minutes of my total trip time, made my trip extra-special. Since then, I usually playfully ask about other characters when I'm meeting and greeting.

bingie

How about the REALLY obscure characters (not for meet and greets or in parades recently at all)...

- Hunchback (clopin, quasi, etc..)
- Emp. New Groove (Kronk, Kuzco, Yzma)
- Meg & Herc
- Dumbo
- Roger Rabbit
- Colonel Hathi
- The Dino's From Dinosaur
- Atlantis Characters
- Abby Mallard (now anyways)
- Hades (since the demise of DSMC)
- Merlin (sword in stone guy)

There are more, i need to consult my autograph book :D

cmcmcm

How about the REALLY obscure characters (not for meet and greets or in parades recently at all)...

- Hunchback (clopin, quasi, etc..)
- Emp. New Groove (Kronk, Kuzco, Yzma)
- Meg & Herc
- Dumbo
- Roger Rabbit
- Colonel Hathi
- The Dino's From Dinosaur
- Atlantis Characters
- Abby Mallard (now anyways)
- Hades (since the demise of DSMC)
- Merlin (sword in stone guy)

There are more, i need to consult my autograph book :D

-Clopin has been spotted recently at Epcot, not sure when or where but he's a pretty random guy.
-Emp. New Groove characters went back home.
-Meg appears at IG rarely. She's been there at least twice in the last six months.
-Colonel Hathi was a pain in the butt, that big elephant!
-Atlantis characters went back to Atlantis
-Abby is at Flower & Garden
-Hades has been at the hat at four pretty recently too i believe...
-Merlin made an appearance out by the sword a few months ago.

ranDISle

One thing you can also do...

If you are looking for a specific character, just ask any Cast Member and they can call the "Character Hotline" and see when and where that character will be appearing. After all Cast Members are there to help :) all you gotta do is ask :wave:

drew81

First off let me clearly say this: I know that the vast majority of guest are not into the characters as much as I am. I know some people cannot afford to go as often as we do. But what about those of us who go often? What about those of us who do love the characters? I wish they would throw us some different characters more often. I am clearly not suggesting they do away with the VIP's or other main stay characters.

Three years ago Horace and Clarabelle appeared out of nowhere, and it was fabulous, but its been three years! Who cares that kids call Horace, Goofy. It has not stopped Disney from putting out Fowlfellow for the last 30 years. I mean when is the last time the Three Little Pigs were out? They should be on Main Street every once in a while. What will it take? Will there have to be a manager out there somewhere who says "okay lets break out some classics this month!?" Gideon, Fowlfellow, King Louie, Meeko, Timon, Gaphetto, etc...all great characters, but not characters who have to be out every day. Switch them up with some others occasionally like the pigs, Quasimodo, Gus perhaps? I mean think of the characters just in the parades who have not been out for meet n greets in years.

And while were on the topic

The MNSSHP has had the same characters with few exceptions for 5 years. This is a special event. I am not trying to start an argument it is a great event, but if its going to be special they should make every effort to jazz it up every year and not just let it be the smae old same old. This is where DW could learn a lesson from DL (dare I say) they have tons of villains and characters out for their Halloween event.

Just my point of view maybe it I will catch someones attention some day:lookaroun

ITA

MNSSHP has become very stale when it comes to different characters out. They used to bring different ones out from year to year(Goliath Gargoyle, Thumper, Pain, Pain etc). Now they have the same ones.

I also think the 3 Little Pigs should be out. They're classic characters and should be included for meet n greets from time to time. I would love it if they were just out for special events.

sublimesting

I do have 2 area to meet them, one is secret and the other is not so crowded usually.

1. In AK, go as far back in Camp Minnie Mickey as you can, there is a path and there are usually characters standing there. Last July 4th we saw Donald, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy all alone with no one at all around. Pics galore!!

2. The secret one is on Main St. in the very back of the Kodak store right when you walk in. There is a movie theater showing old time Disney cartoons, and some cut outs you can get your pics taken by and the characters walk through there a lot....it's a staging area!

Gooch

It would be nice to see some new faces around the park. I saw a bunch last year that I had never seen or hadn't seen in ages (Flik, Pinnochio, a few others) and thought it was great. I mean, I don't always take snapshots with the characters, mostly because I have many times before, but a few new characters here and there would definitely encourage me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom