Overall best dining experience

The only nice sit down meals we have eaten at DW were at Mexico and Italy in Epcot and one breakfast at the Contemporary. So, when we go back, we would like to splurge on 1 or 2 great dining experiences that would be fun and memorable for the kids. What would be your top picks? Thanks!!!

happymom52003

Code:
The only nice sit down meals we have eaten at DW were at Mexico and Italy in Epcot and one breakfast at the Contemporary. So, when we go back, we would like to splurge on 1 or 2 great dining experiences that would be fun and memorable for the kids. What would be your top picks? Thanks!!!

I don't know if I can help you much since Mexico and Italy were my least favorite meals I've had at WDW!:lol:

Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL is great. Really good food, and a fun atmposhpere for the kids.

Upvote 0

dixiepixie

Depending on the ages of your children 1900 Park Fare at the GF for the Cinderella's Gala Feast dinner is great. Wonderful food and service and you get to meet Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother, Lady Tremaine, and Drizzella and Anastacia.
Breakfast there is also wonderful but with Alice in Wonderland and Mad Hatter, Winnie the Pooh and Eyore and Mary Poppins.

Ofcourse there is always Cinderella's Castle (Cinderella's Royal Table). We have never had breakfast there, since it is the "hot ticket" at WDW, I have tried foryears w/ no luck. But we have had dinner there, which although pricey def. the service, food and atmosphere was truly worth it. Caution: They do try to push you along through your meal, however, we let our waiter know that we were celebrating a birthday and wanted to take our time. He was very accomodating and was nice enough to always ask before moving us along to the next course or part of our meal and never pushed or fussed when we asked for a few minutes before we went on.

Another great place is 50's Prime Time at DHS. Although there are no "real" characters, the wait staff are wonderful and so into being in their 'roles". It is alot of fun, with excellent service and food. Great selections for lunch or dinner, we have done both. Just be prepared to play along.

We always have lunch at Restaurant Marakkesh at the Moracco Pavillion in EPCOT. I can't even say enough great things about this place. Service is the best in my opinion of any restaurant in WDW, so attentive and wonderful attitudes. There is a wide selection on the menu, and a very good selection on the kids menu for picky eaters as well as those who'd like to try something new. Lunch menu has much the same as dinner and a nice savings. No characters, but there is a performance by a Moraccan band and a belly dancer, and sometimes if you are lucky you can see Aladdin, Jasmin and/or the Genie in the pavillion.

Sci-Fi Drive-In Diner at DHS is a cool place to eat, especially for boys. But it is one of only two places we have eaten in WDW that we actually did not like. Although I have heard from many that it is one of their favorite places, so it maybe worth trying. The other we were not very happy with was the Crystal Palace in MK. It is Character dining with Pooh and friends, which was fun for the kids, but the food to us was only so-so. We ate there on Thanksgiving Day.

Chef Mickey's has B/L/D buffet style with all of the classic characters and you get to do the Towel Dance with Minnie. So much fun and the best breakfast we ever had in my opinion. The second best being 1900 Park Fare. Ofcourse my husband says there IS only one breakfast in his opinion...Donald's Breakfastasaurace in AK, but it is gone now. He still talks about it and the last time we had it was 5 years ago.

I hope this helps, though really you can't go wrong with any meal at Disney. -DP

Upvote 0

Beccone

The one meal that my 12 year old still talks about, 6 years later, was in Japan. He loved it so much and is mad at us because we are not eating there this trip, lol.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Our favs for character dinings are Chef Mickey's (never miss it on a trip), Cape May Cafe and 'OHana's.

This trip we are trying a lot of different restaurants that we have never eaten at before. Crystal Palace, Whispering Canyon, Trail's End, Boma's, Kona Cafe and Le Celier. I have heard GREAT reviews about all of them and cannot wait.:)

Upvote 0

ljs1691

My votes are for Whispering Canyon Cafe and 50's Prime Time Cafe. Two very kid interactive locations without completely breaking the bank.

Depending on their ages, a dinner show might not be a bad idea either; however, the food can be less tasty.

Upvote 0

gettingsmaller

Boy, there are a LOT of good choices--especially when you factor in the hotel places...

From a food standpoint, I'd say Le Cellier was the best food we had on our last trip. However, depending on the kids, I doubt it would be particularly memorable for younger kids.

For one of the best combinations of atmosphere and food, I'd say Garden Grill. We really liked the food. On top of that, you have characters, a rotating restaurant, and a view (for a while) into the Living with the Land ride.
We went last Sept and had the DDP. We ate at:
Le Cellier
Crystal Palace
Cinderella's Royal Table - breakfast
Boma
Garden Grill
Coral Reef
Norway - Princess Storybook breakfast
Mama Melrose
Play and Dine - breakfast
Chef Mickey's

There may have been one more that I can't remember right now... Anyway, I'd say that there are 3 that my kids would say they want to go back to: Chef Mickey's, Play and Dine, and Garden Grill.

My wife and I went to a restaurant for a character meal back in 1998. It was at the Wilderness Lodge. I doubt they still have characters there, and I don't recall which restaurant (or maybe the name has changed, for all I know). Anyway, it was a really beautiful setting, and the lodge itself is neat to check out. The thing to keep in mind with hotel restaurants is getting to/from those locations, since you can't take WDW transportation directly between the hotels...

Upvote 0

jtwyatt

Our families Personal favorite meals are as the following:

Epcot: Le Celier
MK: Crystal Palace: A nice food selection
Chef Mickey's: Awsome atmposphere for the kids
Whspering Canyon Cafe

Dinner Show: Hoop Dee Doo: Food is good, but the show could be fun depending on the children's ages.

Upvote 0

Norm The Skull

I was wondering when someone was going to say the Hoop Dee Doo...

Chef Mickey's & 1900 Park Place are also great with the kids.

There is also Mickey's Back Yard BBQ & the Luau at the Polinesian (We will be doing these on our next trip in December and I finaly got breakfast in the castle.

I guess it would depend what your kids are into (ex : Princesses , Stitch, Winnie ) That is how you will find the best character meals for your kids.

Le Cellier (Epcot) San Angels (Epcot) also come very recomended.

Have fun planning is half the fun

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

Boma was fantastic! If you are looking to taste something different I highly suggest it. We also enjoyed Kona Cafe. The portions were huge and the open air style dining area really added to the relaxed feel of the place. Also it is located right near the monorail station so afterward you take a quick ride over to the MK. :)

Upvote 0

awalkinthepark

The mushroom filet at the Le Cellier restaurant was absolutely wonderful(I stole bites of hubby...I ordered the other steak..not as good)....overall the meal was so good I didn't even flinch at the check at the end of the meal....however it is a slower moving meal and I could not imagine my kids sitting through it all.

The couple that sat next to us noticed us taste comparing(we are geeks that way) and the husband asked which steak was better and he was relieved to have picked the mushroom filet too....then hubby and the other husband started talking about the gargonzola steak at Palo on DCL....both of them were raving over that too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom