Overall best dining experience

The only nice sit down meals we have eaten at DW were at Mexico and Italy in Epcot and one breakfast at the Contemporary. So, when we go back, we would like to splurge on 1 or 2 great dining experiences that would be fun and memorable for the kids. What would be your top picks? Thanks!!!

DizneyPryncess

My favorites:

Cinderella's Royal Table - breakfast or dinner, both were really fun but the characters are only at breakfast.
Liberty Tree Tavern
Garden Grille
Kona Cafe
Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace

Upvote 0

barrettnichols

Things that "Dad" can do to entertain the kids!

There are two things that "dad" (or suitable other figure) can do at a meal at Dinsey that is guaranteed to entertain the kids.
1) Go to Whispering Canyons Cafe and ask for the catchup.
You will usually get barraged by MANY bottles of catchup. (My daughter also told one of the waiters that he had a big head, he then got up on a chair, got EVERYONE's attention, and sang a song about his big head:ROFLOL:).

2) Go to Ohana's and ask for the salt and pepper. Needless to say, after being brought up to the grill, being accused of offending the grill gods (accompanied by much fire!!:fork:), and being made to wear a silly chef's hat for the rest of the evening, they let me go back to my seat. My niece and nephew were convinced that I was going to be either kicked out or eaten...

These are two excellent restaurants, and if you are not too concerned about
your self image you can have a real good time!

Upvote 0

dixiepixie

originally posted by: Norm the Skull
"There is also Mickey's Back Yard BBQ & the Luau at the Polinesian (We will be doing these on our next trip in December and I finaly got breakfast in the castle."

We have done both of these and had excellent food, service and a great time at them. MBYBBQ was a Thanksgiving Day dinner for us and we loved it.

And we love Garden Grille also. Booked it in 2002 for the Ice Cream Party w/ Mickey and Friends (price set at about $6 per person), but we were so hungry when we got there we went ahead and had a late lunch early dinner (PS was for 3pm) ... food was delicious, service great, and characters very attentive and so much fun. However, when the check came it was a bit of a "sticker shock':eek: compared to the around $20ish dollars we had been prepared to pay for just the ice cream party. BUT VERY MUCH WORTH EVERY PENNY...highly recommend it.

Upvote 0

YodaGirl

1. Chef Mickey's
2. Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
3. Crystal Palace

My parents also ate dinner at Le Cellier in Epcot (Canadian Pavillion) and said that it was wonderful.

Upvote 0

abug'saunt

I was checking out the forums when my niece, age 7, asked me what I was doing. So I read your question to her and she said Sci-Fi dine in theater. I was shocked, but not totally surprised. While she liked Chef Mickey's, she really likes sitting in a car to eat. If there were still drive-in theaters, her answer might be different. My personal favorite is Kona Cafe, DH is Cape May Cafe, FiL is Liberty Tree Tavern, but we also enjoyed Boatwrights at POR and the Brown Derby in DHS. Hope this helps and whatever you choose, have a great time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom