Trip Report Our wonderful Christmas vacation thanks to the Pepto!

It's December 13th and were up and ready to go.... Except for my sweet daughter Cady.

DSCN0018.JPG

She has decided that she actually wants to go to her second period class before we leave for Disney!!! :eek:

Why would I let me 14 year old call the shots? Well she has this crazy passion for music, I mean crazy and on this day they were doing something special in her music class so yes I pushed back our trip by 3 hours. Much to the dismay of my other children.

At 10 in the morning we have finally hit the road and are on our way. After driving for 14 hours we decide to stop in Tifton, Ga for the night. We stayed at Microtel. Why am I telling you this? Because you should never...NEVER stay there. The lobby looked nice the man at the counter was very nice but the rooms were disgusting and the beds were the worst I've slept on. I suppose thats what you get when you pay $51.00 for a hotel room :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After another 3 or so hours we arrive home!!
DSCN0015.JPG

Not the best of pictures but my other daughter Emily was driving a little too fast. This is when my evil side comes out and as were pulling up to Riverside I see all the people out front waiting for the Magical Express. I start giggling and say "You poor unfortunate souls" (something I will later regret).

We went to check in at the online check in window. It was a breeze. Although I did have some trouble understanding our attendant but were at Disney so that makes everything ok!! Plus I do love that they have workers from all over the world working there. I like to look at all the name badges and see where everyone is from.
DSCN0279.JPG
DSCN0280.JPG
DSCN0278.JPG

Riverside is such a beautiful resort. I love it. We were in building 28 which i wouldnt want again but since i didnt speak up at check in then who am i to complain now. When doing on line check in I did specify that I wanted building 38 or 39. It wasnt until the day we left i asked about why i didnt get a requested building and was told that the system didnt show my request but like i said Im not going to complain now.

We headed to our room and it was perfect. I was a little worried about five of us in one room with only one bathroom but there was plenty of room. Because there is no longer a dresser I brought some extra hangers and stacked our cloths on the shelf in the bathroom. Our 10 year son was the one sleeping on the murphy bed and he fit perfectly. Another year and there would have been a problem.
DSCN0046.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After arriving and getting our room organized we need to head out for our first reservation at Cape May Cafe. This was my husbands pick. I was not very impressed BUT I don't like seafood so I'm not a good one to give a review for Cape May. To get there we had to hop on a bus to Epcot then decided to walk thru the international gateway to Beach Club resort.
DSCN0022.JPG
DSCN0024.JPG

On our walk Cady saw a character from her favorite Disney movie so we had to stop!!
DSCN0026.JPG

After eating we thought we would head over to Hollywood Studios so that I could watch Fantasmic or Osbourne Lights. We were trying not to be on a strict schedule so whatever happened happened. Well we thought walking to Hollywood studios would be best. Since I heard it was such a short walk. Bad idea. Although we did get to see the Boardwalk and it was beautiful at night!
DSCN0028.JPG

We got lost...yep lost. We ended up at some putt putt and turned back around. Now i don't have a problem asking for directions but while we were eating it rained so the boardwalk and the surrounding walk ways were deserted. So here we are between the swan and Dolphin trying to figure out what to do and the only thing that comes to everyone's mind is MAGIC KINGDOM!! That's where your supposed to go first anyway right? We walk through Swan (which is absolutley beautiful) and catch a bus to MK!
DSCN0029.JPG

This is my first time at Disney during the Christmas season and Disney did not disappoint. The Tree and Castle are stunning. It was beautiful.

Since we changed our plans and went to MK I hopped on MDE and made some fp+ choices. We loved the system and had no problems with our bands. We moved times and rides throughout our vacation. We never waited long for any of our rides the whole trip even without FP. This was definitely a good time to go.
Our first ride....
DSCN0035.JPG

BTMRR!!!!!

Then I must force my family on....
DSCN0038.JPG

We also rode Haunted Manison, Splash which was in great shape. Even the squirting turtles were on!!!! We were running out of steam and decided it was time to end our first day at Disney and head back to the resort.
Some pics on our way out
castle.jpg
train station.jpg
tree.jpg

epcotisbest

Great start. Looking forward to reading more. We really like POR, and love to resort hop to see Christmas decorations. Have stayed at Boardwalk, Beach Club and Swan and love that whole area. Never got lost there, but can see how that could happen. We always seem to find Beaches and Cream while there, where I always seem to eat too much, but I do that wherever we go, even if it is breakfast in the room!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Day 2!!
Today was Magic Kingdom day!! My plan was to make the opening show and get on some rides before the park got to busy. Well... I was up in plenty of time and headed down to the food court for some delicious hot chocolate. When I got back around 8am everyone was starting to move around, as it turned out no one but Zane wanted to see the opening show. Zane is not a fast mover so we end up missing the show by about 10 minutes. This was my first disappointment. I have read about the opening show on the threads here and was really looking forward to it. I tried not to be to disappointed knowing that I probably wouldnt have another morning that I would be able to go.

Zane and I went straight to Tomorrowland and did Buzz, SM and Speedway. I refuse to ride Astro Orbiter. That has got to be the scariest ride ever. I can handle all the Mountains, TOT and RNR but not Astro Orbiter! By this time Joe and the girls have arrived and ready to go. We head over to Laugh Floor where my husbands is the one buying Churro's for everybody. We then head to the new Fantasy Land.
DSCN0054.JPG

Before our trip I tried to make it a point to not look at to many pics of Osbourne Lights, fantasy land, stories with Belle and TLMR. I'm glad I did it made this so much more amazing.
DSCN0055.JPG

I must say again I'm the only one who wanted to do story time with Belle but since my family loves me so much they did it with me plus we had FP and i wouldnt change them and they don't know how. :devilish: HEHEHEHE

DSCN0068.JPG

After Belle we had to make one of thousands of potty breaks and found this door. Zane is still wondering whats behind that door! Afterwards we did LM, Dumbo and then made our way to our special FP+ we got for lunch at BOG. Thanks to @wdwmagic and the thread I found had a link to get the FP! On our way we ran into this band.
DSCN0083.JPG

They were awesome and very entertaining!! My girls were in awe.
DSCN0084.JPG

DSCN0053.JPG

WHOO HOO!! Look at that line! Good thing I can just walk right on by!! Lunch was very good and inside is everything that has been said. I did find it pretty loud but it didn't really affect us to much.
DSCN0103.JPG

After Lunch we headed over to ride Pirates and the Jungle Cruise. By then it was time for a mid day break. Back to the bus and Riverside for a rest.

~edit~ I have to add that our family did split up for a little so my son could play the Sorcerer's card. He loved it. I thought that it would be to juvenile for him but Joe informed me that it seemed that when the two of them would go up to a portal that it was mostly older men that were playing the game o_O

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Enjoying your report. I would love to visit WDW at Christmas.
I'm so glad we went during Christmas. It was so beautiful and festive. The Osbourne lights were amazing. I couldn't help but dance in the streets looking like a total goob. I must admit though that it was hectic at home making sure I had all the Christmas gifts bought and wrapped before we left and then when we came home there was no relaxing due to Christmas gatherings. I'm so glad we went when we did but may think twice on a second trip so close to Christmas.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Ok I'm pretty sure my son was begging to go for a swim. He could spent all day at the pool. Actually if you ask him today what his favorite part of Disney is he will say "swimming at the hotel" :rolleyes: I could have saved myself $3500.00 and just took the family to a local hotel for the week and he would have been just as happy.

Anyway we got ready and headed to Epcot for Cady's dinner pick Teppan Edo.
DSCN0123.JPG

Now it seems that there is mixed reviews regarding Teppan Edo but we loved it. We didnt mind sharing a table either. Cady has been dying to try sushi so we got her an appetizer. It looked so disgusting to me but she ate it all. I think just to gross me out :). We had a great cook
image.jpg

And while everyone else's chef made boring old onion volcanoes our chef made a festive decoration
image.jpg

Our chef was by far the coolest of the bunch.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I love that bed with Louis! Awesome

I read that line and started busting out laughing. Who told you that? Lol

Glad you got to see the inside of BOG. Can't wait for more!
:) I wish i did remember where I read that. I know it was somewhere on here. I guess you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
As we were leaving Teppan Edo we headed up towards Future World. We stopped into Mouse Gears and then comes the next disappointment. Maybe I should say the biggest fear anyone has at Disney......My stomach starts gurgling and churning. With panic in my eyes I run up to the counter and shriek...WHERE'S THE CLOSEST BATHROOM!!! Are you kidding me...I have to run to the bathroom by test track. Ok ok it's not that far but if you feel like i do it seems like forever before I reached it. I made it. barely. I'm in there for what seems like forever frantically texting my family. Does anyone answer? No, their to busy shopping. I finally make it out of the bathroom and back into Mouse Gears and find Cady right away and ask her to stay with me. I go back up to the counter and this time ask nicely for a bag (this is in case i don't make it to the bathroom next time). The lady at the counter cant find a bag..no really i'm serious and this is when round two starts. I can feel it coming and this lady is taking her time looking in drawers and cabinets. I tell her never mind and make another run for the door this time i stop at some bushes because i don't think i'm going to make it. I start running for the bathroom again making sure Cady is with me. After another round in the bathroom i yell for Cady....where is she? OUTSIDE!! I go out and tell her to get daddy. By now I have no energy and have horrible cramps but at least everything is staying in and down for the moment. I ask Joe to find out if they can transport us to POR. I have to run back into the bathroom and not sure if I can handle or make a bus ride back. We were told they could call a paramedic or a taxi. I don't need a paramedic and thanks to the magic bands we don't have cash. Why would i when I can charge everything on my magic band. In an attempt of humor I ask if the taxi takes magic bands. After an hour or more I send the kids back to the hotel. My oldest is almost 18 and due to the circumstances i think its ok. After another 10 minutes Joe and I start walking to the bathrooms under Space Earth. After making it there i feel i can make it to the bathrooms by the bus stops and by then I see our bus is just now loading with my kids on it. We decide to chance it and luckily everything stays in and down for the rest of the night.

I do need to say that I don't believe it was anything I ate at Teppan Edo and I'm not upset with Disney for not taking me on my own private bus to my resort. Maybe a wheel chair to the taxi's or bus stop would have been nice now that I think about it.

I'm exhausted just reliving my episode. ;) I'll have to start day 3 tomorrow.

Last edited:

coachwnh

I'm so glad we went during Christmas. It was so beautiful and festive. The Osbourne lights were amazing. I couldn't help but dance in the streets looking like a total goob. I must admit though that it was hectic at home making sure I had all the Christmas gifts bought and wrapped before we left and then when we came home there was no relaxing due to Christmas gatherings. I'm so glad we went when we did but may think twice on a second trip so close to Christmas.
Love being in WDW for Christmas. Can't think of a better time to be there. Looks like you guys were having a great time!

coachwnh

As we were leaving Teppan Edo we headed up towards Future World. We stopped into Mouse Gears and then comes the next disappointment. Maybe I should say the biggest fear anyone has at Disney......My stomach starts gurgling and churning. With panic in my eyes I run up to the counter and shriek...WHERE'S THE CLOSEST BATHROOM!!! Are you kidding me...I have to run to the bathroom by test track. Ok ok it's not that far but if you feel like i do it seems like forever before I reached it. I made it. barely. I'm in there for what seems like forever frantically texting my family. Does anyone answer? No, their to busy shopping. I finally make it out of the bathroom and back into Mouse Gears and find Cady right away and ask her to stay with me. I go back up to the counter and this time ask nicely for a bag (this is in case i don't make it to the bathroom next time). The lady at the counter cant find a bag..no really i'm serious and this is when round two starts. I can feel it coming and this lady is taking her time looking in drawers and cabinets. I tell her never mind and make another run for the door this time i stop at some bushes because i don't think i'm going to make it. I start running for the bathroom again making sure Cady is with me. After another round in the bathroom i yell for Cady....where is she? OUTSIDE!! I go out and tell her to get daddy. By now I have no energy and have horrible cramps but at least everything is staying in and down for the moment. I ask Joe to find out if they can transport us to POR. I have to run back into the bathroom and not sure if I can handle or make a bus ride back. We were told they could call a paramedic or a taxi. I don't need a paramedic and thanks to the magic bands we don't have cash. Why would i when I can charge everything on my magic band. In an attempt of humor I ask if the taxi takes magic bands. After an hour or more I send the kids back to the hotel. My oldest is almost 18 and due to the circumstances i think its ok. After another 10 minutes Joe and I start walking to the bathrooms under Space Earth. After making it there i feel i can make it to the bathrooms by the bus stops and by then I see our bus is just now loading with my kids on it. We decide to chance it and luckily everything stays in and down for the rest of the night.

I do need to say that I don't believe it was anything I ate at Teppan Edo and I'm not upset with Disney for not taking me on my own private bus to my resort. Maybe a wheel chair to the taxi's or bus stop would have been nice now that I think about it.

WOW!!! Now that really stinks. Nothing worse then being sick on vacation.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Love being in WDW for Christmas. Can't think of a better time to be there. Looks like you guys were having a great time!
It was wonderful. The weather was great and the crowds were fairly low.

WOW!!! Now that really stinks. Nothing worse then being sick on vacation.
Before our trip I was so worried about someone in our family getting a cold and being miserable. The flu never even crossed my mind.

ginadee

OMG...that would be a nightmare. I feel for you sooo bad. Poor thing. I cant wait to hear the rest in hopes this did not continue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom