Our WDW Family Vacation Trip Report (starting with a pre-trip report) 1/16-1/24 2009

Ok so I am officially able to do the single digit dance and I figured what better way to kick it off than by starting my trip report early and doing a pre-trip report.

First off let me say that I am so excited because I finally have a nice digital camera to bring with me. Up until last year I was using a 35mm camera (it took beautiful pictures) but never wanted to scan them in, so all previous reports were picture-less. So this trip report will include pictures when I return home!

Ok so lets start off by introducing everyone on the trip. This may take a while as there are 16 of us...

I will start off with my husband Richard (27) and I (Jessica - 24)...

m.jpg

--->We met 7 years ago at Target. He was working there and I was talking to a friend who also worked there. My friend was trying to set me up on a blind date with a guy named Matt so he was giving me the details about him. Well, then here comes Rich and asks my friend to introduce us, and I immediately told my friend to set me up with him and not Matt... and the rest is history. We were engaged on 9/20/2006 while watching Wishes! and we were married 9/8/07 and honeymooned in WDW of course!!! This will be our 3rd trip to the world together. We will be celebrating Rich's 28th birthday while in WDW!!!:sohappy:

Next are my parents, Kim (49) and Harvey (54).

140.jpg

--->My Mom hasn't been to WDW since 1999, and this will be my dad's very first trip. This is a very meaningful trip for all of us to share with them. In July of 2007 my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, and then early signs of cervical cancer. In February of 2008 my dad was diagnosed with throat cancer. It was a tough time, but by the grace of God, and the prayers and strength of them, they are both cancer free now and if that isn't a reason to celebrate I don't know what is!!!

My grandparents Larry (74) and Kathy (58) are joining us as well...

189.jpg

--->My grandparents decided about a month ago they wanted to go. It was a huge shock to all of us and we actually all cried because we were so happy. They have been to WDW once in 1999 and they were both struck with the flu for the entire trip. We were so surprised that they wanted to come back with us!!! They are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary :sohappy:​

wdwCC

That was a great trip report! So glad that everything worked out with your dad and you could have a trip to remember.

Heatherbell

Hello :wave:

Where in Mass?

I know the feeling of traveling with big parties. We went to the Cape this summer, there were 14 of us, all family. The planning part and everything was a blast but then actually doing it was a nightmare. You absolutely cannot please everyone, and we planned on that. What we did not plan on was the attitudes and arguements that would occur because we could not please them. I have an awesome family but same as you...it was difficult. And yes, you do spend most of your time standing/sitting around deciding what to do.

Great trip report, very thorough! Cant wait to see pics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom