Our resort only 1 night, no wait, 1 night 1 park, no wait, 2 night 1 park, no wait 2 park 2 night...

Our resort only 1 night, no wait, 1 night 1 park, no wait, 2 night 1 park, no wait 2 park 2 night...oh good grief trip report!

Hi all!

So we can get this out of the way...on the count of three...one, two, three....I told you so! That is what all of you are currently screaming at computer screens! :)

Here's the history....the DH and I are visiting my parents on Hilton Head and to get away (we lived there for 2 1/2 years so yes, getting off the island is necessary) we decided to head to WDW for one night/2 days and we are staying at Beach Club and since we had so little time at the resort back in September, we decided to do a resort only trip. I was very excited, love the YC/BC pool and made dining ADR's for Cape May to see some characters and get that fix. and we got a great rate - Lagoon View - with a AAA discount. So it was settled...one night, two days at a resort. Ahhh....bring on the lazy river.

Well....my amazing DH surprised me 4 days ago and told me that we are going into a park! I was shocked! He told me I could pick the one and of course, I "NEED" to see the new Fantasy Land so I picked Magic Kingdom. So it was settled...again. One night, two days at resort and one park. Yeah!!!! Get to see Fantasy Land!

Well....my amazing DH suggested, we are going to be so tired so why don't we stay at like Art of Animation or some where if we can get a great rate. So I hopped on the computer, took a look see and got a great rate at Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room. So it was settled...again. Two nights, three days, at resort and one park. Whew! I'm really just shocked with how this has changed and yes...very excited!

Well...after a bit of a ruckus, a ker-fluffal if you will, which included getting locked out of our room, with every bit of ID and proof we were who we are locked in the room, b/c they deactivated our keys and spending almost an hour with the concierge getting everything sorted out...we got comped tickets to a park ... for an evening. Like the old school half day tickets or the convention tickets you can buy. So....you guessed is....We went into a park...to Epcot...tonight! So there you have it....2 parks, 2 resorts, 2 nights, 3 days, totally random and spontaneous "resort only" trip.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Sorry for the delay! Here they are!!!

Photopass pics from our unexpected trip into Epcot! I didn't do all the magic shots since I went crazy with them in September. :)

Photo0012FourBySix.jpg

Photo0006FourBySix.jpg

Soarin!

Photo0018FourBySix.jpg

Photo0031FourBySix.jpg

disneygirl76

Original Poster
And the Photopass Pics from the Magic Kingdom, True Love week!

For True Love week, you could get your picture in front of Cinderella's Coach.

Photo0040FourBySix.jpg

And my newest magic pic!!

Photo0067FourBySix.jpg

Photo0069FourBySix.jpg

Also for True Love week, they had two special photo pass locations by the Castle, right next to each other.

Photo0106FourBySix.jpg

Photo0111FourBySix.jpg

Photo0113FourBySix.jpg

Photo0122FourBySix.jpg

Photo0124FourBySix.jpg

Photo0133FourBySix.jpg

We wanted to see the princesses but it was just too long of a line. But Minnie joined Mickey! :)

Photo0139FourBySix.jpg

(Odd - no Mickey autograph was not an option)

Photo0148FourBySix.jpg

So that's it! That's all the pictures and the trip report has now come to an end. Thank you all for being a part of this! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Forgot we took these few pics with the hubbys phone -

The new Oz pathway and play area was open when we went to Epcot. :)

20130212_162844.jpg

20130212_162849.jpg

20130212_162934.jpg

Not really sure why we only took these three pictures. There's way more and it looked really cool!

jlsHouston

OMG !! Wonderful trip report! I read your last one and had forgotten you were doing a resort only visit! SO GLAD for you that you got 2 nights and 2 parks out of it! I learned something new again on this trip report! I had no idea the camel by Alladin spit! I have to do that ! I had no idea there was an OZ pathway ! I love those pics! Actually I love all your pics! Thank you for sharing!:)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
OMG !! Wonderful trip report! I read your last one and had forgotten you were doing a resort only visit! SO GLAD for you that you got 2 nights and 2 parks out of it! I learned something new again on this trip report! I had no idea the camel by Alladin spit! I have to do that ! I had no idea there was an OZ pathway ! I love those pics! Actually I love all your pics! Thank you for sharing!:)

Thank you!! It was a fun and magical trip! I can't believe we ended up going into the parks after all! :) Yes, watching people get wet from the Magic Carpets is so fun!!! And the Oz playground was super cute! Looked fun!!!! :) Thank you for coming along on our trip with us! :)

Aurora1

For your next visit to Fantasyland ~

Visit Enchanted Tales with Belle the first thing in the morning, when the line is shortest. We did and still waited 30 minutes, but we enjoyed going through Belle's cottage and Maurice's workshop, and the AMAZING way you get into the library. The "storytime" part is great for families, as all children get to participate, but even my adult daughter and I were captivated...especially by Lumiere!

Gaston is a fine fellow to meet :) And his Tavern is worth a look, even if you don't purchase anything. (Be warned, LeFou's Brew can give one a cold headache!)

I can't say enough about Be Our Guest. We waited for lunch on two separate days, all the way down the bridge towards Little Mermaid, but we were inside the restaurant both days in under 30 minutes. The ordering experience was fun, the food was very reasonably priced and delicious, and all three dining rooms were unique. We will definitely be back.

And we also loved the Little Mermaid ride...rode it 4 times!

Beginning of the day works... but so does the end! We went to Belle at 10ish after Wishes and there was a 5 minute wait! Plus, the line for LM was so short that we walked right on and had the entire ride to ourselves! Which worked out well, cause we were singing along the whole time to the empty ride hah

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Beginning of the day works... but so does the end! We went to Belle at 10ish after Wishes and there was a 5 minute wait! Plus, the line for LM was so short that we walked right on and had the entire ride to ourselves! Which worked out well, cause we were singing along the whole time to the empty ride hah

That's good to know about Belle. We weren't really too bummed we missed it. I think that would be something fun to do with kiddos some day. I was disappointed I failed to connect that BOG was counter service for lunch and forgot to go back for Gaston's Brew. I could kick myself for those two things. Oh well - I guess I have to go back! :) I loved LM! Thankfully the music was loud so no one could hear me belting out the songs! Or at least...I hope it was loud enough!!! :) HA!

farrellbarrel

Love the photopass pics!! So lucky you were there for True Love Week! LTM does have its downs, but you still saw Bert. Your pictures are so amazing, I want to go back!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Love the photopass pics!! So lucky you were there for True Love Week! LTM does have its downs, but you still saw Bert. Your pictures are so amazing, I want to go back!

Thank you so much! I'm love the magic shots!!!! I'm kind of a photopass junkie. :)

EmmabaRose

And now I read this one too! I dont think I could just stay at a resort and not go to the parks at least once. But so great that you got those comped tickets. Just proves manners do pay off. Again the amount of fun you had shows through in your writing and pictures.

3weeks today!! ... Ok I'll shush.:p

disneygirl76

Original Poster
And now I read this one too! I dont think I could just stay at a resort and not go to the parks at least once. But so great that you got those comped tickets. Just proves manners do pay off. Again the amount of fun you had shows through in your writing and pictures.

3weeks today!! ... Ok I'll shush.:p

YEAH! So excited for you!!!!! I can't wait to read your TR!! You are going to have the most amazing time!!!!

star77kc

Great trip report!!! Wow! I just loved all your pics!! We are staying at AOA in December for our 2 year old twins 1st visit. What section do you recommend after having seen them all? We are booked for Lion King, but now I'm wondering if Cars would be better. We have a boy and a girl btw. Are they all pretty much the same distance to Animation Hall?? Thanks so much for any input!!

PolynesianPrincess

Awesome TR Carey! :) BC looks like an awesome resort but I don't know if I'd stay there. I have a thing with windmills.. They creep me out and they're gross. I know, it's weird... But whenever we go near BC and I see that windmill I get freaked out. And I don't think Boardwalk is an option either cause my sister hates clowns. lol At least the clown pool isn't able to be seen all over like that windmill!

I would have been excited to meet Bert, too. Doesn't seem like LTM was all that magical that week. I think this is the absolute worst promotion they have ever done :(

Good luck with IVF! Hopefully you'll have a new little Mouseketeer soon to share your Disney trips with :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom