Our resort only 1 night, no wait, 1 night 1 park, no wait, 2 night 1 park, no wait 2 park 2 night...

Our resort only 1 night, no wait, 1 night 1 park, no wait, 2 night 1 park, no wait 2 park 2 night...oh good grief trip report!

Hi all!

So we can get this out of the way...on the count of three...one, two, three....I told you so! That is what all of you are currently screaming at computer screens! :)

Here's the history....the DH and I are visiting my parents on Hilton Head and to get away (we lived there for 2 1/2 years so yes, getting off the island is necessary) we decided to head to WDW for one night/2 days and we are staying at Beach Club and since we had so little time at the resort back in September, we decided to do a resort only trip. I was very excited, love the YC/BC pool and made dining ADR's for Cape May to see some characters and get that fix. and we got a great rate - Lagoon View - with a AAA discount. So it was settled...one night, two days at a resort. Ahhh....bring on the lazy river.

Well....my amazing DH surprised me 4 days ago and told me that we are going into a park! I was shocked! He told me I could pick the one and of course, I "NEED" to see the new Fantasy Land so I picked Magic Kingdom. So it was settled...again. One night, two days at resort and one park. Yeah!!!! Get to see Fantasy Land!

Well....my amazing DH suggested, we are going to be so tired so why don't we stay at like Art of Animation or some where if we can get a great rate. So I hopped on the computer, took a look see and got a great rate at Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room. So it was settled...again. Two nights, three days, at resort and one park. Whew! I'm really just shocked with how this has changed and yes...very excited!

Well...after a bit of a ruckus, a ker-fluffal if you will, which included getting locked out of our room, with every bit of ID and proof we were who we are locked in the room, b/c they deactivated our keys and spending almost an hour with the concierge getting everything sorted out...we got comped tickets to a park ... for an evening. Like the old school half day tickets or the convention tickets you can buy. So....you guessed is....We went into a park...to Epcot...tonight! So there you have it....2 parks, 2 resorts, 2 nights, 3 days, totally random and spontaneous "resort only" trip.

Minnie Sue

I asked them why did they do that for us! And the 2nd girl who was helping us said that they wanted to help us because we were patient and kind and never once got upset or even irritated that all of this was happening. That they did it bc we had been standing there patiently for over an hour of our limited time there and they just wanted to help out. I could have cried!!!

Disney Magic! I've found this to be true. Some people swear by the squeaky wheel, but I've found that honey does attract the bees (and the upgrades and kind service)! So glad this worked in such an exciting way for you guys.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Disney Magic! I've found this to be true. Some people swear by the squeaky wheel, but I've found that honey does attract the bees (and the upgrades and kind service)! So glad this worked in such an exciting way for you guys.

Thank you! And yes indeed! We later saw someone checking in at AOA and she was screaming at the cast member saying that they ruined her vacation! If she wasn't so scary, I probably would have said something but the woman, who was doing this in front of her kids, was out of control. At the end of the day, the problem will be fixed. And screaming at someone bc it didn't work perfectly the first time, isn't the solution.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
So after leaving Epcot around 8:30 p.m., we intended to go back to the pool but then decided to head to the Boardwalk instead. So we grabbed our mugs from in our room, filled up on some drinkipoos and headed to the Boardwalk. We took the boat because I love it so much. :) We had not been to the Boardwalk since our honeymoon so first we strolled from one end to the other and then decided to stop for some ice cream.

20130212_210714.jpg

20130212_210719.jpg

Oh! And the waffle cone single scoop ice cream cone here was HUGE! We didn't have the dining plan but FYI - it is a single snack credit and could easily be shared between two people. I got Strawberry Cheesecake and DH got Cake Batter but...we could have easily split one! I was STUFFED by the time we were done here. So to eat our ice cream, we sat on a bench to watch street performers but also, got to watch some of Illuminations from the Boardwalk!

20130212_210908.jpg

20130212_210906.jpg

After ice cream and some street performances, we kept on strolling. Now my wonderful DH tried to win me something by lobbing a lobster on our honeymoon and well, the lobsters bested him. So this time, he want to avenge his honor and off he went to lob some lobsters!

20130212_213043.jpg

20130212_213056.jpg

you barely see it - but there is a lobster mid air.

20130212_213134.jpg

And this was the winning lobster! He won me a fish! Whom we named Lobbie. :)

We then decided - why I don't know - to get a pizza. Seriously! Stuffed! But yes, got a pizza. So while waiting, I snapped some pics of the Boardwalk.

20130212_214400.jpg

20130212_214428.jpg

Got our pizza and headed back to the Beach Club via the boat.

20130212_214443.jpg

And we finished the night with pizza back in our room!

IMG_20130212_225452.jpg

Next day - Magic Kingdom!!!

PJean710

I live in new orleans and went one year during mardi gras. it was hilarious how many random people we ran into that we knew. Next Year I'm riding in the largest mardi gras parade on Saturday and leaving for WDW on Sunday. Should make for a nice tiresome sunday.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Yay! Loving this unexpected trip report and all it's surprises! Looks like an amazing way to spend Valentine's Day!

Thank you! So unexpected! It was such an amazing way to spend Valentine's Day! :) And winning Lobbie was just the cherry on top! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I live in new orleans and went one year during mardi gras. it was hilarious how many random people we ran into that we knew. Next Year I'm riding in the largest mardi gras parade on Saturday and leaving for WDW on Sunday. Should make for a nice tiresome sunday.

It was some of the best crowds I have ever seen! Seriously - so fun and every was so happy!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
So off to Magic Kingdom!

Wednesday, February 13th

We had much discussion, including with many of you sharing advice on how and what to do with 1) a car 2) parking and 3) switching resorts.

We decided to check out of Beach Club and take the car to TTC and park and then drive over to AOA that evening. This might not have been the easiest or best thing to do but in the end, it saved us from the hassle of buses and moving cars and finding luggage.

We got up and got ready and were in the car around 8:30. We had thought of catching opening ceremony again, but since we saw it in September, and we had the whole car/luggage/TTC thing to do, we decided that if we caught it, great and if not, thats fine too. We missed it. So I watched it here instead - (this is from last September!)

So we packed up the car, grabbed mugs of coffee and hit the road to Magic Kingdom! It was actually nice coming through this way, I haven't seen this in such a long long time!!

20130213_090843.jpg

The Magic Kingdom was doing True Love week. Before I begin the trip report, let me rant for a moment. I like the whole hidden surprises and weekly specials. However, they are doing a TERRIBLE job explaining what is happening and when. I read and researched that they would have special meet and greets - but did not specify where - and there would be special merchandise - HA! There were also special places to take pics, like in front of Cinderella's Castle. If I would have known that the meet and greets were not through out the park, but at the theater, I would have grabbed a fast pass first thing and been able to have that experience. However, they said "throughout the park" so I figured some princes would be with the princesses at the theater but there would be stuff throughout the park. This was not the case. I searched for Tiana and Naveen 3 times, they were never in the gazebo. I did see Mary and Bert and got to meet them. Aladdin was with Jasmine as usual in Adventure Land. And there were NO other "throughout the park" meet and greets. So by the time this was figured out, the wait time at the theater was 85 minutes and all fast passes were gone. I don't get disappointed often, but I was pretty disappointed. Also, you couldn't get autographs, they gave you little Valentine's instead. Which was cute but would have been nice to have autographs. Any way, on to the merchandise. So we searched and searched for anything that said Valentine's day and the merchandise they were talking about, yeah, that was the true love stuff that they already had with Minnie. So nothing new. We did find an ornament at the Christmas Shoppe at Downtown Disney. So that its - all my griping! :) On to the magic!!

IMG_7266.JPG

We are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (That's my DH's ear! :) )

We arrived about 9:30. Parking at the TTC was super easy. We got a really close parking spot and then onto the monorail. Then to the park and through security - it was fast and easy. They did have two different entrances. Paper tickets to the left and then the new RFID for resort guests to the right. If people knew how to use the system, it would have been super fast. But people were all confused and not listening to the cast members so it was a bit of a cluster. But once people figure it out - it is going to be so fast and easy. Basically you just put your key up to the Mickey and then put your finger on the scanner and it turns green and you are in. Super easy and fast!

First stop - new Fantasy Land. We normally head to Adventure Land and work our way around.

We hadn't eaten breakfast so we were planning on getting something at Gaston's after we rode Little Mermaid and then do Belle. This was the "plan". :) So we headed to FL via the Castle, stopping for a fast pass for Littler Mermaid by Mickey's Philharmagic and per the great Disney app on our phones, My Disney told us that the wait time for Little Mermaid was only 15 minutes. So we grabbed the Fast Pass, and headed to Little Mermaid. Little Mermaid was really really well done! We loved it!!!

IMG_7274.JPG

IMG_7276.JPG

IMG_7277.JPG

IMG_7279.JPG

IMG_7281.JPG

IMG_7283.JPG

IMG_7285.JPG

IMG_7288.JPG

IMG_7291.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
The que for Little Mermaid is so fun! There is this little crab that you have to help. You are sorting Scuttles finds! :) Here are some attempts at the pics! :)

IMG_7303.JPG

IMG_7292.JPG

IMG_7296.JPG

IMG_7299.JPG

So then, on to the ride!!

Look at this stuff, isn't it neat!

20130213_110910.jpg

Under the Sea!

20130213_111015.jpg

Uh - Oh

20130213_111138.jpg

Kiss the Girl!

20130213_100749.jpg

Happily Ever After!

20130213_100827.jpg

20130213_100834.jpg

20130213_100839.jpg

We really loved the ride!

We headed to Belle and it was 50 minutes - this never changed. It was 50 minutes for the entire day. I know it is new and it would have been great to see but we just were not going to spend that amount of time in line when we had one day at the park. I think I would have redone that decision since and should have stayed in line. Oh, well, next time!!!

We were hungry so we popped into Gastons.

IMG_7304.JPG

IMG_7306.JPG

I didn't realize that they menu was so limited. I would have been happy with a Gaston's Brew and a croissant but the DH was border line grumpy b/c he had not eaten yet so we decided to come back to Gaston's for a brew when we came back for the FP time for Little Mermaid.

IMG_7267.JPG

IMG_7268.JPG

IMG_7273.JPG

Since this was unexpected, we couldn't get an ADR for Be Our Guest. That being said, I'm glad that we didn't. I think they are still getting the kinks out. Every time we passed, the line was all the way down the drawbridge, and almost to Gaston's. Which I didn't understand b/c that was the line for people with ADR's. I did ask a Cast Member if I could see a gargoyle. :)

IMG_7324.JPG

IMG_7323.JPG

IMG_7321.JPG

IMG_7322.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
The DH wanted to get some grub so we headed to Pecos Bill. We like the drippy cheese. :) And since Tortuga is closed for the season, I can get the taco salad there! :)

The stroll through Frontier Land was nice and quiet. The park was really manageable as far at the crowds were concerned. Everyone was in line for the princesses and Belle. :)

I didn't get pics of the food - but it pretty much looked like a taco salad with drippy cheese and a pulled pork sandwich. :)

On the way back to FL, look who we saw! :)

IMG_7308.JPG

IMG_7309.JPG

We didn't stop to see them. I tried not to torture my DH too much since we were there for one day. Next time though!!

As we entered FL, look who else we saw!!! I kind of freaked like a crazy person!

IMG_7327.JPG

IMG_7336.JPG

Bert is smelling me to see if I smell like Barley water since I said I was a nanny!

20130213_112512.jpg

IMG_7339.JPG

We also got our picture taken in front of Cinderella's Coach but you will have to wait for the photopass pictures!! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
As we headed back to FL, after our pictures, we took a closer look at some details in FL. Look at the little Lumiere up on the sign!

IMG_7311.JPG

IMG_7312.JPG

Loved this popcorn cart!

IMG_7320.JPG

Oh - and for all you popcorn bucket fans - this is the same as it was last year - Mickey Marching Band on Main Street. :)

We were ready for our Fast Pass time for LM so these are pics from the other fast pass route.

IMG_7315.JPG

IMG_7316.JPG

IMG_7317.JPG

IMG_7318.JPG

Little Mermaids "Back Side of Water!"

IMG_7319.JPG

We checked the line to see Ariel - assumed Erik would be there but weren't sure and the cast member didn't know. The wait was almost 30 minutes so we skipped this and headed to Storybook Circus.

IMG_7340.JPG

IMG_7342.JPG

IMG_7344.JPG

There wasn't much for us here. We did check out the new shops and looked around, but we are saving Dumbo for when have a baby and Barnstormer was over a 30 minute wait. We had pulled a fast pass to Peter Pan on our way back to FL after lunch so we couldn't grab a fast pass yet. I would have stayed in line now if I would have known it would have been broken down the rest of the day. :(

IMG_7345.JPG

IMG_7346.JPG

IMG_7347.JPG

IMG_7348.JPG

We next headed back to Mickey's Philharmagic, then Peter Pan and through Liberty Square to Haunted Mansion. Our favorite! We skipped the cemetery route and went straight in. Goodness this is one of my favorite rides! I just love it! :)

And on our way - a sneak peak at Rapunzels new digs!

IMG_7349.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Great TR so far! I really want to try Beach Club, looks beautiful!

It is amazing!!! We just love it there! The decor, the two resorts, and the pool! Not to mention walking to Epcot and the Boardwalk and boat to DHS! Perfection!

Computer Magic

The Magic Kingdom was doing True Love week. Before I begin the trip report, let me rant for a moment. I like the whole hidden surprises and weekly specials. However, they are doing a TERRIBLE job explaining what is happening and when. I read and researched that they would have special meet and greets - but did not specify where - and there would be special merchandise - HA! There were also special places to take pics, like in front of Cinderella's Castle. If I would have known that the meet and greets were not through out the park, but at the theater, I would have grabbed a fast pass first thing and been able to have that experience. However, they said "throughout the park" so I figured some princes would be with the princesses at the theater but there would be stuff throughout the park. This was not the case. I searched for Tiana and Naveen 3 times, they were never in the gazebo. I did see Mary and Bert and got to meet them. Aladdin was with Jasmine as usual in Adventure Land. And there were NO other "throughout the park" meet and greets. So by the time this was figured out, the wait time at the theater was 85 minutes and all fast passes were gone. I don't get disappointed often, but I was pretty disappointed. Also, you couldn't get autographs, they gave you little Valentine's instead. Which was cute but would have been nice to have autographs. Any way, on to the merchandise. So we searched and searched for anything that said Valentine's day and the merchandise they were talking about, yeah, that was the true love stuff that they already had with Minnie. So nothing new. We did find an ornament at the Christmas Shoppe at Downtown Disney. So that its - all my griping! :) On to the magic
Agreed. We were there the week of True Love and in MK on the first day the 11th. We did get a pic with Mickey and Minnie but nothing special or different. We asked multiple CM at different stores and no one could show us anything worth purchasing. We were looking for the limited pin.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Great report! I'm loving your style of touring. Sounds like my husband and I prekids.

I think the line at Be Our Guest was people waiting for the Quick Service lunch. Dinner ADR wouldn't start until 4:00

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We decided to hit Fantasy Land again later after riding Peter Pan and seeing Mickey's Philharmagic. And then we rode Haunted Mansion - my favorite! :)

We continued into Adventure Land. It was time.

IMG_7355.JPG

IMG_7358.JPG

Hello beautiful! I am a pineapple pineapple float gal. DH got orange pineapple float.

And then we sat in our favorite spot to watch our favorite thing - we sit on the ledge looking at the camel to watch people get spit on by the camel. Its cruel, its hilarious, it brings us much happiness. :)

IMG_7359.JPG

IMG_7360.JPG

We grabbed a fast pass for Jungle Cruise and then rode Pirates. Now the que for pirates was under refurb so we did actually have to wait for this ride for the first time ever.

20130213_133117.jpg

We have been on this ride 1000 times. I missed the info that the ride is different. In the beginning, after you go through this steam/water fall thing, you see the skeletons on the beach. There is a woman singing now. I couldn't make out what she was signing but it was certainly different.

20130213_133159.jpg

PS - trying the new phone out. We got the new Samsung Galaxy SIII after our last trip. So i'm trying the pics with out a flash to see what happens. Meh - better then with a camera with out a flash but a bit hard to see.

20130213_133432.jpg

Also at the end, they have a new added feature behind Jack in the treasure room. They have rotating lights. Not sure if this adds anything but it is something new.

While we waited for our Jungle Cruise Fast Pass, we headed to Tomorrow Land.

We grabbed a soda and hoped in line Buzz Lightyear.

Although we look intense - the scores are pathetic! :)

20130213_144449.jpg

20130213_144402.jpg

We then could grab a fast pass again so we grabbed one for Space Mountain. While we waited we took some more pictures - more of the True Love theme.

Well, sort of! They added some roses in the topiary of Mickey and Minnie at the entrance to TL. And then they had one with a rose arch. More photo pass pics!! Those will come soon I hope! :)

Then we did Carrousel of Progress! We love this! And then Tomorrow Land Transit. Again - love it!

IMG_7380.JPG

The crane was up when we first got here but by the time we left, it was gone! :)

IMG_7385.JPG

IMG_7384.JPG

We then headed to Space Mountain, and we were done with Tomorrow Land!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom