our first visit was ruined by this disgusting cleaning

NYwdwfan

I've only been inside AoA once for a hour so idk but I assume you all can confirm this is actually AoA's food court?

Is the tree from the video the same as the photo on the wall on the far right? The chairs seem to match. Color is off. Photo from Disney website:
image.jpeg

raven

:banghead: Disney can spin this anyway they want to answer back to the pubic but sadly this is still very common.

From Orlando WFTV:

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/vide...ort-using-dirty-mop-to-clean-tables/145606821

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. —

Video of a worker at Walt Disney World mopping the floors of a restaurant at the Art Animation Resort and then cleaning the tables with the same dirty mop is gaining some attention.

Jesse Arias, the man who took the video, shared the video with Channel 9.

Related Headlines
“Anybody with any kind of common sense can see that is unsanitary,” said Arias. “It’s just really disturbing that they were doing something like that and exposing us to diseases. There are thousands of people that walk those parks a day.”

Arias said the resort manager comped him for the cost of his hotel, but he said it still bothered him. So he started sending emails to Disney, but said he never got a satisfying response.

A spokesperson for the resort said when workers found out about the incident, they immediately took action.

The spokesperson said when Arias' second email went to the right person they responded within 24 hours and they also called him Friday afternoon.

The spokesperson added that it was an isolated incident.

Disney officials said the woman in the video is not a cast member, but works for a third-party vendor and she is no longer welcome on Disney property.

Paul Cook, a retired health inspector, said he had never seen anything like it.

“I would have immediately closed that place and told them you have to retrain your employees from properly cleaning, to sanitizing food service equipment and properly cleaning the floor,” Cook said.

The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation website listed a few minor violations since the resort opened in 2012.

None involved the food service area.

alissafalco

eww wow OMG

It's possible the OP found the video from somewhere else and is claiming it to be his, but who cares about that. I'm glad WDW has taken action.

Last edited:

raven

And the costume she is wearing looks exactly like a Support Services CM costume, not a 3rd party vendor as the Disney representative stated in the story. Support Services are a division of Disney's Custodial department and usually focus on backstage areas, offices or on-stage areas after guest areas are closed. They are indeed an official department of WDW and are not a 3rd part vendor. The costume is long dark blue pants, a white shirt with thin gray stripes and has a patch over the left breast with Mickey pushing a broom. For cooler weather they can be issues a very light grey hoodie (very much like the one seen in the video) and also a dark blue coat with tan trim carrying the same patch as the shirt. A lot of them tuck in the hood on the hoodie when they work so it doesn't get in the way.

Since this story was aired on an ABC station (ABC is owned by Disney), I wouldn't be surprised if it was fudged to make viewers think that Disney took care of the situation. Just my opinion.

raven

Another thing about the video that I just noticed (after watching it in full-screen mode) is that this is not a mop she's using. In custodial this tool is commonly referred to as a doodle bug (similar to a Swiffer). They can tie a towel to it (seen in the video) to clean hard to reach places. If you look closely, she isn't using it on the floor but on the table bases which is acceptable. But she shouldn't be using the same rag to clean the table tops. That's just lazy.

UncleMike101

:banghead: Disney can spin this anyway they want to answer back to the pubic but sadly this is still very common.

From Orlando WFTV:

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/vide...ort-using-dirty-mop-to-clean-tables/145606821

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. —

Video of a worker at Walt Disney World mopping the floors of a restaurant at the Art Animation Resort and then cleaning the tables with the same dirty mop is gaining some attention.

Jesse Arias, the man who took the video, shared the video with Channel 9.

Related Headlines
“Anybody with any kind of common sense can see that is unsanitary,” said Arias. “It’s just really disturbing that they were doing something like that and exposing us to diseases. There are thousands of people that walk those parks a day.”

Arias said the resort manager comped him for the cost of his hotel, but he said it still bothered him. So he started sending emails to Disney, but said he never got a satisfying response.

A spokesperson for the resort said when workers found out about the incident, they immediately took action.

The spokesperson said when Arias' second email went to the right person they responded within 24 hours and they also called him Friday afternoon.

The spokesperson added that it was an isolated incident.

Disney officials said the woman in the video is not a cast member, but works for a third-party vendor and she is no longer welcome on Disney property.

Paul Cook, a retired health inspector, said he had never seen anything like it.

“I would have immediately closed that place and told them you have to retrain your employees from properly cleaning, to sanitizing food service equipment and properly cleaning the floor,” Cook said.

The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation website listed a few minor violations since the resort opened in 2012.

None involved the food service area.
That alleged "Raw" video is anything but.
It's been cropped to remove any views of the floor.
Which, as I pointed out previously, doesn't have the patterns that the floor in the photo of the restaurant posted earlier has.
Not that I don't trust the Press, BUT, they are known far and wide to "embellish" a story to pique viewers interest and therefore increase their viewership thus increasing the chances of bringing in more revenue.

raven

That alleged "Raw" video is anything but.
It's been cropped to remove any views of the floor.
Which, as I pointed out previously, doesn't have the patterns that the floor in the photo of the restaurant posted earlier has.
Not that I don't trust the Press, BUT, they are known far and wide to "embellish" a story to pique viewers interest and therefore increase their viewership thus increasing the chances of bringing in more revenue.
I don't believe the video was cropped in any way but it does seem there is a table top in the foreground obstructing the floor somewhat. You can still see green carpet in the video.

raven

Is the tree from the video the same as the photo on the wall on the far right? The chairs seem to match. Color is off. Photo from Disney website:
View attachment 133237
This photo is purposely saturated with color for press purposes. It doesn't give a true depiction of the area. But flooring is often changed in high guest areas as well as they start to wear down. This is not uncommon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom