Our first trip together – and my sister’s Disneymoon – A September 2012 PTR

19 days before our trip, I guess it’s time for a PTR!

THE CAST:

My name is Veronique, and I’m a 30 year old Disneymaniac from Montreal, Canada. I’ve been to WDW over 25 times in my life, Disneyland twice and Disneyland Paris 3 times. My favorite ride is POTC, but I love anything with audioanimatronics.

I will be in the World with my boyfriend, Jeff also 30. He has been to WDW several times, but has never lived the “staying-on-site” experience. It will be his first full-time Disney vacation and it is also our first trip to the World together. His favorite ride is Space Mountain.

We will be joined by my sister Nathalie and her future-husband Jean. They are getting married on September 15 and will be Disneymooning. We will all be there at the same time, same flights and same hotel, but we do not plan on spending the entire week together; we will probably meet for meals every now and then. Nathalie has been to WDW several times as well, but this will be Jean’s first experience in a Disney park. Nathalie loves audioanimatronics as much as I do. As for Jean, we think he will be more of a roller-coaster guy. As part of their wedding gift, we bought them personalized Mickey and Minnie wedding ears for them to wear in WDW.

THE OVERVIEW:

We will be in Walt Disney World from September 23 to the 28. We are all staying at the Pop Century Resort. Jeff and I will be on the Deluxe Dining Plan (yes, a lot of food is about to be eaten) and Nathalie and Jean will be on the regular Dining Plan.

THE DETAILS:

Saturday, September 22: Nathalie and Jean living in Quebec city, they will be driving to Montreal on Saturday and sleeping over.

Sunday, September 23: We are flying out of Montreal Trudeau airport at 8am with a direct flight to MCO with Air Canada. We should be landing a little before noon, so we should be able to check-in a little before 2pm. Then, it’s off to the Magic Kingdom! Jeff and I have an ADR at Cinderella’s Royal Table for late lunch. Then it’s playtime ‘till 1AM (or at least, we’ll try!)

Monday, September 24: Animal Kingdom day! Jeff has never been there. Can’t wait to see what he will think of Everest! We have a diner ADR at Boma for the both of us and I’m super excited about that: I tried it last year and LOVED it. After diner, we will be meeting with Nath and Jean at the Studios for EMH.

Tuesday, September 25: Off to Epcot ! We have a lunch ADR at San Angel Inn for the 4 of us, and we plan on spending the evening in DTD, with a late-diner ADR at Rainforest Café.

Wednesday, September 26: We are going back to the Magic Kingdom where we will have breakfast with Pooh and the gang at the Crystal Palace, and we are going back to Epcot in the evening, with diner at Nine Dragons. We wanna go to Beaches and Cream later for a Kitchen Sink, but we’ll see if our stomachs can handle it. :p

Thursday, September 27: Early breakfast at Cape May Café, which I’ve never been to, and then we’re off to the Studios with a lunch ADR at the Sci-Fine Dine-In (my sister loved that place the one time she tried it). We will finish the day at the Magic Kingdom.

Friday, September 28: Mystery park day! We haven’t made plans for that day yet; we figure we’ll just go back to wherever we wanna go! Our flight back home is at 7PM, so we will have time to play in the parks until mid-afternoon.

ON OUR TO-DO LIST:

Jeff wants a turkey leg really bad; I will not be helping him with that, being a vegetarian :p

We kinda wanna give the Drink-around-the-world-thing a try. I don’t think we will be able to have a drink in each and every country, but it’s tempting… :p

We bought a PhotoPass+ that we plan on sharing between the two couples. I can’t wait to finally have pictures of all the silly faces I make on attractions.

I would like to go ahead and do one random-act-of-Disney-magic, like buy an autograph book and ask a little girl in a princess costume for an autograph, or buy a balloon and give it to a random kid.

Gojira ゴジラ

Oh so exciting.. a few weeks to go yay :D
We love Nine Dragons so much (perhaps because we are asian), but would love to hear your review, as we heard mixed feedback from people. And the last time we visited WDW was almost 2 years ago. Hopefully things are improving.

PolynesianPrincess

Sounds like you have a great trip planned!! :)

The random-act-of-Disney magic is an awesome idea. I think you would make anyone's day doing something special like that!

wiigirl

Nice! Sounds like an awesome trip! :)
75.gif

DawnBerg

We are staying at the POP too!! We got the Photopass+ as well. Did you figure out a way to share it if you are not going to be with your sister and he DH? We are going half of our trip just DH and I but then our DD, DD in law and our DGS (Disney Grandson?) will be flying in. The girls will probably do EMH so they can do the big rides that the 4 year can't but we were wondering how it would work for all of us with only the one photopass+ for the ride pictures if we take the DGS to another park. I read somewhere on here that you can take a photo of the photopass+ card and then use that but I can't find anyone who actually has done this to reassure myself. I know we can use however many reg photopasses as we want and then just use them all to order the CD since we have done that before but was just curious if you found something out I didn't know yet :confused: . Have a magical trip!!!

tiaragirl

Really looking forward to this TR!

Jealous of your direct AC flights - we have to fly THROUGH Montreal or Toronto (usually) when we go!

Have the best time, and enjoy the wedding this weekend!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom