Our Expedition Everest Video

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Thank you sooooooo much for that video. I have had an absolutely :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: day. This really helped me out. I turned off the tv, the lights, and cranked up the sound on the computer and really tried to imagine myself on the ride. I havent had the pleasure of riding EE yet and the prospects of me getting to WDW anytimg soon arent looking too good. (Anyone have a winning lottery ticket i can borrow?:lookaroun ) This video will hold me over for a bit and certainly saved me from a major meltdown today. Its amazing what a little bit of Disney magic can do for ones mental state. :)

thejohn

MainStreetMouse said:
Hi everyone.

We just got back from a wonderful Disney World vacation and loved the new Expedition Everest roller coaster.

It is not the fast, steepest roller coaster but has that Disney magic that makes it special. We rode on a total of three times during our week stay and on two of the rides I took some video. You can see it see.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8082480972800702054

*** If you have not been on this ride you may not want to watch this video as it may spoil your first time ride. If you have been on it I hope this video will bring back a few great memories of the ride.

The video stars Emily (age 8), Andrew (age 9) and Courtney (age 12) who all loved Expedition Everest. Emily was scared at the start of the ride (as you can see in the video) but loved it after it was all over. :)

Gary

That video was moree thaaaann good ITS GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

MainStreetMouse

Original Poster
PoohBear071870 said:
Great Video! How did you hang on to the camera? I rode it for the first time last Saturday and loved it! I am not a coaster person and I can't wait to get on it again in June! I thought the Yeti was awesome! I bought a huge plush one on the way out. He took up half my suitcase for the flight home. Your video brought back such great memories of the ride. Thanks again!

Hahaha ... Lucky I used the camera twice on the ride and able to edit out some of the really bad out of focus shots. I still got my hand in the way near the beginning but tried to edit some of that out. Some of the shots I was sitting on the right and some I was on the left side of the train. I wish I had gone again and requested the front seat for one more view to edit in.

It is a fun ride ... not too scarey ... if Emily (age 8) can do it anyone can.

William Marsden

Thankyou. This is the best video I've seen from the ride. I'm sure that no video could do the EE experience justice but your filming seems to come closer to capturing the essence of the ride. Thanks for your posting!

Merlin2

tiggerific418 said:
and really tried to imagine myself on the ride.

A more accurate way to "imagine yourself on the ride" would be to turn on the tv and just watch a test pattern for a while. :lol: Or just listen to the emergency broadcast system test over and over again. :lol: Actually, both of those things are pretty exciting and entertaining compared to Everest.

Don't feel too bad that you won't get to experience it soon. Seriously, you are NOT missing much. Everest has been way overblown by hardcore fans who will "love" anything simply because it has the Disney name on it (and likewise will hate anything that has the Universal name on it...if Everest were a Universal attraction, people on these boards would be ripping it to shreds).

col

WOW!!! i just watched that video and thought it was awesome!!!
i know what to expect now after seeing it (everest) gradually built but that was only the outside not the inside. really did like the ride video. at first i thought that when you see the shadow of the yeti that was it no big deal but then after a couple more twists and turns THERE IT IS!!!!!!! i know for a fact that i will scream till my voice is gone but i dont care it looks like an awesome and exciting ride and i really cant wait till i go on it -all i have to do is wait till xmas 2007-2008 to ride it:eek: (no doubt that time will drag :lol: )!!!

great video!!!!:)

MainStreetMouse

Original Poster
William Marsden said:
Thankyou. This is the best video I've seen from the ride. I'm sure that no video could do the EE experience justice but your filming seems to come closer to capturing the essence of the ride. Thanks for your posting!

You are right ... video can not capture the full experience. We went on Expediation Everest 3 times and everey time I enjoyed it more.

I wish I had read the tip posted on here to ride Everest at night ... when we go back I am going to do that for sure!

Gary

MainStreetMouse

Original Poster
col said:
WOW!!! i just watched that video and thought it was awesome!!!
i know what to expect now after seeing it (everest) gradually built but that was only the outside not the inside. really did like the ride video. at first i thought that when you see the shadow of the yeti that was it no big deal but then after a couple more twists and turns THERE IT IS!!!!!!! i know for a fact that i will scream till my voice is gone but i dont care it looks like an awesome and exciting ride and i really cant wait till i go on it -all i have to do is wait till xmas 2007-2008 to ride it:eek: (no doubt that time will drag :lol: )!!!

great video!!!!:)

I was surprised at just how big the YETI really was ... He is huge. No video can capture that ... when you see him and that big arm move towards you it is a thrill.

Gary

Craig & Lisa

GOD!!!! You have no idea how much on the edge of my seat that make's me want to jump the line when we get there next month!! Everyone else is right about the video, it is the best. And when I reformat my HD I'm going to get that software so I can edit my version as well. Thanks. 21 days and counting........ I WANT TO BE THERE NOW!!!!!!:dazzle: :( :brick: :eek: :cry: But I WILL be there :sohappy:

col

MainStreetMouse said:
I was surprised at just how big the YETI really was ... He is huge. No video can capture that ... when you see him and that big arm move towards you it is a thrill.

Gary

i know that i will scream so loud when im on that ride i truely cant wait to go on it. as seen on the video when the shadow of the yeti is seen on the wall i thought that was it but then -if im right in saying this- does a full figure come towards you and whats this about the yetis hand coming towards you? i did not know that!!:lookaroun

RetiredFRN

everest video

I just showed my daughter (age 10) your video and all she could say was "awesome" She can't wait to go in June!! Thanks for the video it was great!:sohappy:

aamove

Great video.

We rode EE two weeks ago and it was awsome. Definitely one of the rides I look forward to riding again.

MainStreetMouse

Original Poster
col said:
i know that i will scream so loud when im on that ride i truely cant wait to go on it. as seen on the video when the shadow of the yeti is seen on the wall i thought that was it but then -if im right in saying this- does a full figure come towards you and whats this about the yetis hand coming towards you? i did not know that!!:lookaroun

It happens pretty fast. The Yeti's arm swings down towards towards you as if he is trying to grab you. It is really a thrill.

I guess there are times people have been on the ride and his arm wasn't working right and the have some back up strobe light effect which isn't as good.

The ride is a blast.

Gary

baloo_24

MainStreetMouse said:
Hi everyone.

We just got back from a wonderful Disney World vacation and loved the new Expedition Everest roller coaster.

I took some video. You can see it see.

*** If you have not been on this ride you may not want to watch this video
:wave: Hey Awsome video!!!! You did a very good job filming , must of been hard to do!! Also just want to welcome you to the board ,look forward to seeing more of your post's!!!!!:king: :king:

MainStreetMouse said:
Hi everyone.

It is not the fast, steepest roller coaster but has that Disney magic that makes it special. We rode on a total of three times during our week stay and on two of the rides I took some video. You can see it see.

*** If you have not been on this ride you may not want to watch this video as it may spoil your first time ride. If you have been on it I hope this video will bring back a few great memories of the ride.

The video stars Emily (age 8), Andrew (age 9) and Courtney (age 12) who all loved Expedition Everest. Emily was scared at the start of the ride (as you can see in the video) but loved it after it was all over. :)

Gary

Just had another look at this video. It's terrific! My family can't wait to ride. They will love it. I'll be in the gift shop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom