Other DLR Forums?

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
This may not be kosher to ask, but I will try anyway.

I just got a new job, and I will be moving to Orange County, meaning I will be a Disneyland local! I'm looking for another forum similar to this one with more of a focus on DLR. I'll still be posting/reading here, as WDW will always be my first love and I plan on continuing to visit even though I'll live near DLR, but I want a place where I can read about the little changes/activity that goes on at DLR. I listen to a lot of Disneyland podcasts so I get the more overall news, but I like that forums get more specific. This site is great, but I'm looking for a more active community focused more strongly on the west coast.

Any recommendations?

(Additionally, any other great podcasts about DLR would be nice, too. I already listen to Wedway and Moustalgia, and a few others that cover both WDW and DLR, but I could always use some more.)

kkocka

Offhand I'm at a loss for good forums. There are a lot of bad/blah ones out there like MiceChat's (unfortunately, because the site itself is great), but not too many that I think are decent. I am a local there and particularly like this site because the board seems to have its act together.

If you come across any please share. :)

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
Offhand I'm at a loss for good forums. There are a lot of bad/blah ones out there like MiceChat's (unfortunately, because the site itself is great), but not too many that I think are decent. I am a local there and particularly like this site because the board seems to have its act together.

If you come across any please share. :)
Yeah, I've glanced at MiceChat, but I agree about the disparity in quality between the actual site and the forum.

What resources do you primarily use for DLR related news/discussions, other than the major updates that every Disney site will cover? I'm open to other forms of media besides forums.

Californian Elitist

MiceChat is aruably the biggest and most influential Disneyland discussion site out there. Glancing over the site isn't going to do anything. Have you at least created an account and joined in some discussions?

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
I can't deal with MiceChat - there are SO many people and so few of the threads are worthwhile. Every time I read threads there I have to go to the hospital for self-administered concussions.
....yeah that's what I'm trying to avoid. There needs to be like a Quora for the Disney community.

Figments Friend

There are a couple i glance at once in a while, one being MC solely for their DL centered focus.
When i want to read about DL, and what is currently going on there, i hit up their Forum occasionally.

Another i have gained some insights from and visit a couple of times a month is Laughing Place.Com.
LP.Com is a very basic forum ( text only..) but if you dig around there are some credible inside sources that post there.
I have found some insights that made me stop and think, primarily topics related to inter-company politics.

The other forum i have peeked at is DIS Forums, but it is a bit crazy there.
The posts in the forums are loaded with all kinds of visual 'garbage'..such as animated GIFs, banners, uncontrolled icons, and the like.
For me, it makes it hard to concentrate on reading...too many 'busy' visual distractions.
Not a lot of substance there, in my opinion...but worth visiting just out of curiousity.

WDWMagic has always been my #1 spot for years now.
Everything you need to know can be found here, with some great serious discussion and debate on all aspects of the Company.
Although the focus is primarily on WDW, it has a nice dedicated DL section with very knowledgeable posters who know that Park inside and out.

People here give freely the knowledge they know if you ask, and opinions are honest and free flowing.
I like that aspect of it, not to mention the clean layout and easy navigation options.
This is the place to be.

"Where MAGIC Lives.." !

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

WDWMagic has always been my #1 spot for years now.
Everything you need to know can be found here, with some great serious discussion and debate on all aspects of the Company.
Although the focus is primarily on WDW, it has a nice dedicated DL section with very knowledgeable posters who know that Park inside and out.

I somewhat disagree with the bolded. Everything one needs to know about WDW can be found here, but not so much the other Disney parks. Since we're talking about
Disneyland, WDWMagic pretty much never posts any Disneyland news, unlike MiceChat who will post WDW news. While the DL forum keeps going, there are only maybe five of us here, out of the entire site, that keep it that way, and that would be myself, TP, GiveMeTheMusic, Cosmic Commando and Sponono (it used to be six, but nemofinder has disappeared). The discussions and debates one finds on Disneyland-centered sites won't be found here on Magic, but that's expected.

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
I somewhat disagree with the bolded. Everything one needs to know about WDW can be found here, but not so much the other Disney parks. Since we're talking about
Disneyland, WDWMagic pretty much never posts any Disneyland news, unlike MiceChat who will post WDW news. While the DL forum keeps going, there are only maybe five of us here, out of the entire site, that keep it that way, and that would be myself, TP, GiveMeTheMusic, Cosmic Commando and Sponono (it used to be six, but nemofinder has disappeared). The discussions and debates one finds on Disneyland-centered sites won't be found here on Magic, but that's expected.

Soon you'll be able to add me to that list. I'll be living pretty close to the parks, so I'll be able to report on all the broken light bulbs on the west coast ;)

Disnee4Me

This may not be kosher to ask, but I will try anyway.

I just got a new job, and I will be moving to Orange County, meaning I will be a Disneyland local! I'm looking for another forum similar to this one with more of a focus on DLR. I'll still be posting/reading here, as WDW will always be my first love and I plan on continuing to visit even though I'll live near DLR, but I want a place where I can read about the little changes/activity that goes on at DLR. I listen to a lot of Disneyland podcasts so I get the more overall news, but I like that forums get more specific. This site is great, but I'm looking for a more active community focused more strongly on the west coast.

Any recommendations?

(Additionally, any other great podcasts about DLR would be nice, too. I already listen to Wedway and Moustalgia, and a few others that cover both WDW and DLR, but I could always use some more.)
Congrats on the new job. Maybe you'll have to create a WDW Magic.com West Coast version???o_O

Ryan120420

Westcoaster.net

They have weekly updates of whats happening in all the parks in SoCal. Really great site!

Podcast

DisUnpluged- Disneyland edition

Inside The Magic

The Season Pass Podcast.

wild01ride

I also have to chime in and say that, despite the fact that MiceChat has some incredible columns, info, updates, etc., the forums themselves are so arduous to read unless you spend lots of time every day following the latest.
If you drop by for the occasional DLR info, you'll quickly see that the organization is non-existent and since it is not broken up into any kind of understandable sub-forums, it is nye impossible to find anything if you don't get super lucky on a search. Additionally, because of the forum infrastructure, it is so visually busy that it makes it difficult to spot key words, etc.

Nevertheless, at least MiceChat does offer a lot of good columns with info that is valuable, relevant, and up to date.
Again, I just wish it offered the format to chat casually and efficiently with other DLR fanatics.

Best of luck on the relocation and enjoy!

Figments Friend

A agree with what you said Raven.
My comment in question referred more to the Disney Company as a whole entity, and WDWmagic.com i think does a pretty good job of covering all aspects of it in the forum sections with lively posts.

:)

IndianaJones

As an East Coaster, I appreciate all the work you guys put in. Keep it up please.

Mukta

Congrats on the new job! Living near DL is awesome. I go very frequently especially during this time of year. You will get to see all of the little nuances that make the park special. When visitors say they did everything in a day, you will know about all of the things they missed that make the park special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom