Osceola Interchange/Road Permits

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wait isn't that the connector from Osceola to World Drive? Or am I thinking of something else! Isn't that possible, as another option, the exit bridge from Epcot? Obviously, I am having trouble picturing what that road above is even used for, but, it's possible that it has a function and will remain, maybe?

Yes it is, but it is being replaced. You can see the white lines in this image from the permit (which I have extended) which will be the new ramp from Osceola to World Drive. It will also create an entrance from Osceola west bound into the park.

Capture.JPG

mm121

Yes it is, but it is being replaced. You can see the white lines in this image from the permit (which I have extended) which will be the new ramp from Osceola to World Drive. It will also create an entrance from Osceola west bound into the park.

View attachment 141362
seems like the spur from osceola west into the park would just be temporary or once the other main entrance is complete would be changed over to an employee entrance as it wouldnt make sense to have multiple entrances for west bound osceloa traffic

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
seems like the spur from osceola west into the park would just be temporary or once the other main entrance is complete would be changed over to an employee entrance as it wouldnt make sense to have multiple entrances for west bound osceloa traffic

Yeah, I am thinking this might remain a employee entrance when all is said and done. It's possible some of the wetlands they are reclaiming down that end might become new employee parking.

halltd

I'm a bit surprised there's no flyovers to/from WWoS. I know a bunch of people that have done marathons there recently or attended the Invictus Games and have said the traffic is pure insanity leaving the complex.

roj2323

Yeah, I am thinking this might remain a employee entrance when all is said and done. It's possible some of the wetlands they are reclaiming down that end might become new employee parking.
Moving cast parking to that area wouldn't be the worst decision ever. It's still relatively close the the current cast entrance, is large enough and it would be better hidden from guests.

mm121

I'm a bit surprised there's no flyovers to/from WWoS. I know a bunch of people that have done marathons there recently or attended the Invictus Games and have said the traffic is pure insanity leaving the complex.
looks like its being changed so that osceoola and victory will be grade seperated meaning that while wwos doesnt have direct flyovers per say the stoplights handling the major intersection of oceola and victory theoreticly should be handling less traffic
Moving cast parking to that area wouldn't be the worst decision ever. It's still relatively close the the current cast entrance, is large enough and it would be better hidden from guests.

havent heard anything about it in awhile, but there were plans mentioned for cast parking accross world drive by the new fireworks launch for dhs in the future

roj2323

looks like its being changed so that osceoola and victory will be grade seperated meaning that while wwos doesnt have direct flyovers per say the stoplights handling the major intersection of oceola and victory theoreticly should be handling less traffic

havent heard anything about it in awhile, but there were plans mentioned for cast parking accross world drive by the new fireworks launch for dhs in the future
That wouldn't surprise me either but accessing your work location is a PITA from that end of the park.

Next Big Thing

I would think that would be a pretty likely situation that would get CMs out of the main parking lot (and it's much cheaper than building CM garages as rumored).

This would also allow to build garages in the lot if they are going to with additional capacity gained from guest use of the CM lot.

Next Big Thing

Traffic is always stupid at WWoS for big events so this roadway change will be nice. I do think, however, that WWoS needs a parking garage. Even if just a fairly small one.

mm121

The actual construction permit for the first part of this project was filed today. It covers the area marked in red on this map. There is no expiration date which means they plan to have it done in less the a year.

View attachment 142286
whats the theory behind doing this part first?

so they can block guest access from the buena vista entrance? while that would maybe help traffic at the other entrance, that also would direct guest traffic through the victory way/oscela intersection during its reconstruction

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
whats the theory behind doing this part first?

so they can block guest access from the buena vista entrance? while that would maybe help traffic at the other entrance, that also would direct guest traffic through the victory way/oscela intersection during its reconstruction

They are building enough of the ramp so that it will connect Osceola to the park without continuing on to where the Studio Drive entrance road currently is. I am not sure if the intention is to make the World Drive entrance road just for construction and route all guests onto this new ramp, or are both going to stay open for now as guest access. Stopping where they are may indicate that the existing Studio Drive entrance road is going away and they will finish this ramp what that happens. I doubt this will be a public entrance when all is said and done, but it may remain as a cast entrance.

mm121

They are building enough of the ramp so that it will connect Osceola to the park without continuing on to where the Studio Drive entrance road currently is. I am not sure if the intention is to make the World Drive entrance road just for construction and route all guests onto this new ramp, or are both going to stay open for now as guest access. Stopping where they are may indicate that the existing Studio Drive entrance road is going away and they will finish this ramp what that happens. I doubt this will be a public entrance when all is said and done, but it may remain as a cast entrance.

routing all guests onto this ramp could be a possibility, though it would require lots and lots of signage changes all around propert

i was thinking they were maybe doing it so construction traffic could get in a different way too, but i doubt they would want big trucks crossing the path of the guest vehicular traffice

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
routing all guests onto this ramp could be a possibility, though it would require lots and lots of signage changes all around propert

i was thinking they were maybe doing it so construction traffic could get in a different way too, but i doubt they would want big trucks crossing the path of the guest vehicular traffice

The construction traffic is going to have to come in on the existing entrance road, so the only question is whether they will share it with guest traffic or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom