Osbourne Lights Question

wdwfan100

We just booked a trip for early December. We have never seen the actually lighting of the Osbourne lights. What time does this occur? I know that it is around dark, but is there a specific time and some sort of ceremony that takes place?

onesandzeros

I don’t remember the exact starting time, but it was early evening. I’m sure the time
will be well published at the resorts and HS information handouts. The two times I’ve seen the
show there was an opening ceremony. A guest (child) is asked to throw a large light switch as
the audience does a countdown. It’s a great, great show ………. don’t miss it!!!

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

I don’t remember the exact starting time, but it was early evening. I’m sure the time
will be well published at the resorts and HS information handouts. The two times I’ve seen the
show there was an opening ceremony. A guest (child) is asked to throw a large light switch as
the audience does a countdown. It’s a great, great show ………. don’t miss it!!!

I don't recall the exact time either, but I seem to recall announcements leading up to the lighting. It is a can't miss. The lights "dance" to the music! In early December the crowds should be much lower....

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We have gone the past three Decembers and the switch has always been flipped at 6 p.m. If you want the "wow" factor, be in the area no later than 5:45 p.m. It tends to get very crowded and the cast members direct you to go in a certain way, so if you are caught in the sea of people trying to reach the Streets of America, you may miss out on seeing the lights come on.

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

We we were there at opening on Thanksgiving 2011. Definitely a "wow" when they flipped the switch but it's still possible to enjoy the lights if you show up later. Except for a countdown, I don't remember anything unique about the first few moments. I recall different patterns of lights occurring at different times but we stayed a long time; the patterns seemed to repeat themselves once every 30-to-60 minutes. Am I forgetting something or is the light show pretty much on a continuous loop throughout the entire evening?

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Hi there..I've been 3x and it says "dusk" but usually around 630 to 645 pm. If you have never experienced Osborne Lights it is truly a treat and something to NOT be missed! Not many things put me in awe...this definitely does! Over 5 million dancing lights, 30 snow machines (yes snow) and booming music - Hands down the main thing I love about WDW over the holidays..plan on seeing them twice in November. have fun!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I know a lot of people show up for the lighting (usually around 6), but if you go while Fantasmic is going on- you should get fairly light crowds. It will be really packed after Fantasmic, but I kind of like it like that since we like to sing a long to the music that plays in between the dancing. i.e. less likely to be heard if the place is packed. :D

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

We went about 30 minutes after they turned on the lights, it was great. The crowds got much larger when Fantasmic! let out. The music does loop, or repeat, which is nice that way you can see the parts you missed. One of the things I liked was watching was the small kids running and trying to catch the snowflakes on their tongues.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom