Osborne Lights Officially Returning for 2015 for 20th and Final Season

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I doubt even if the put walls up tomorrow nothing would have happened. So you would rather have walls up with nothing happening than three additional days of entertainment that I doubt are affecting the construction schedule since the streets aren't actually being touched/affected anytime soon?
Well, they are being "touched" soon but not this week.

mm52200

Yes. Christmas is over. Bah humbug.
It was technically over atleast a week ago. Disney usually runs their offerings atleast week after the official holiday, then what is three more days. I like your logic though. Why offer more opportunities for the guests to see something when you can just go ahead and put construction walls around them and let them sit for another week until any actual work begins. o_O

note2001

For anyone that missed it tonight, they still did the "farewell" tag that they plan to do every night this week and it's the Mickey Mouse Club song. Kind of a weird way to go out, honestly.
I always hated that song. Even if I did like it, it's as though they're singing a death march for it. The final song needs to be upbeat.

BroganMc

I thought it was an upbeat ending yet very bittersweet. Last song was a rendition of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. When the vocals sang "Thru the years we all will be together if the fates allow" I started crying. Osborne has been a NYE tradition for me and my dad for most of the last decade. I filmed it all from the head of the street so it can live on in our train garden now. (We put up a train garden every year and dedicated a third of it to Disney with Castle, monorail, train station, Emporium, rides and a big screen TV directly behind the castle playing Christmas fireworks and videos I've taken over the years.)

The "See you real soon" part of Mickey Mouse Club made me mad. No we won't.

But the way it was choreographed and then slowly faded out to Peace ON Earth was beautiful. Well done Imagineers. Now figure out how to give us some kind of Christmas light show elsewhere next year.

I ended my night with Star Wars stuff. Will fly home tomorrow. I won't be back for NYE next year. Maybe not ever if they don't figure out how to put on a good show again. I would rather spend my money on other locations.

note2001

... Now figure out how to give us some kind of Christmas light show elsewhere next year.

This. Holiday lights go hand in hand with the season, and while the Castle lights are amazing, they just don't have the same pizzazz the colorful dancing lights have.

There is no place in WDW that I can think of that has the tall facades that would suit these type of lights while not suffering from a traffic jam shutdown as the streets are packed with onlookers for hours on end.

Maybe they could put dancing lights on the construction walls and cranes :D

MissM

Love and I headed out and braved the miserable weather yesterday to catch the last night of the lights. We were already on I-4 and driving when the announcement of extension came through so honestly, I didn't see it until I got back home.

Yes, it was cold. Yes, it rained all night to varying degrees. But in a weird way, it made it more fun. Those of us there, taking in the "last" of the lights were real and true fans. It wasn't crowded and we all were laughing at the absurdity of the weather and everyone was helping everyone else take slightly soggy final group photos. There was a really good vibe and I'm really glad we braved the weather and went out anyway.

1560588_10153880995398514_8784746085393161697_n.jpg

I admit I teared up a little as we left the Streets of America for the final time. The lights have been a real tradition for me and something I looked forward to them every year. They will be missed.

I was there last night too. But once I heard of the extension, left early to stay dry. Will be there Wed night for the absolute final turn off. Even though Sunday was the original, I still want to be there for the final moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom