Trip Report Orlando Calling...yes, I was "there" too...Part 2!!

the clash GIF

Orlando calling to the faraway towns..
Now a vacation is declared and we come down..
Orlando calling and I don't want to shout...
But while we were driving, I saw you nodding out
Orlando calling, and the Disney World..
Come out of the house, you 4 boys and 1 girl..
Orlando calling to our 2 bedroom resort...
Now that I'm home, the trip I report...

I never felt so much alike, alike, alike, alike

Last edited:

Billy6

Original Poster
After a great time at the pool, dinner was upon us so we headed up and I ordered from the resort menu...

We ate so fast that I didn't take pictures of my fish tacos...My bad.. ;)

We finished unpacking and got the kids sorted for bed!

We made it, and in the mortal words of Han Solo.... "here's were the fun begins"

1656597850413.png

Good night Stitch!

Billy6

Original Poster
Monday was a pool day and I had a scheduled work interview that I could not pass up...

So we headed down to the pool after breakfast and I had to leave for my Noon Zoom call with a potential employer...

As of of writing this, I had my third interview and am awaiting an offer...fingers crossed!!!

Pretty normal vacation day, lunch by the pool and dinner in the room, this time we ordered Bone Fish from around the corner...

Later that evening Liam and I went to the mini golf course and played for a while...

I offered him $10.00 if he got a hole in 1 during the round and he stuck it rich on the 18th hole...Lucky dog!!

He was happy...

1656598196173.png

We got back to the room to get ready for our Magic Kingdom day...

Billy6

Original Poster
As I mentioned, I wanted this to be a "Florida trip, with Disney sprinkles" so we planned 1 day at a park, MK and would stay from drop to close...

I had read all of the stories regarding Genie + and LL so we weighed the option for our family and decided to give it a go for one day.
For us, it was worth it..it guaranteed us on a few E-tickets while doing the same for all of the attractions we would do as a family. Rider swap still works for LL and we used it on a few rides... We were able to grab some "passes" for most of the high demand family attractions to keep the waits down for Jace and also got to meet Mickey...

So in summary, It worked for us...some may not be in the same situation and feel it's not...Understood.

On to the pictures....We preferred parked and it paid off as we were about 6 spaces from the walk way to TTC. Another well spent dollar as returning to our car was a breeze...

Right or left? We went left...(after a super long wait in security @Darstarr )

1656598834927.png

1656598845580.png

1656598860362.png

Billy6

Original Poster
I took more videos than pics on this trip because it was Jace's first time and Kaiden was young when we went in 2020.

I have to get some from Heather's phone too...LOL

First up was Dumbo...we had to stop for the castle selfie before...

1656599192594.jpeg

1656599254523.png

From the Dumbo queue...
1656599264461.png

1656599297775.png

Barnstormer next..
1656599326570.png

1656599333806.png

Tron coming along...Train tunnel visible

1656599367078.png

1656599397987.png

Billy6

Original Poster
We hit Mermaid before it was time for our first LL at Space Mountain...

As you will see, K takes the cake for best smiles this trip...He was almost 2 last trip so most things were brand new to him

1656603756514.png

We set up the rider swap for Space and Liam and I headed in...

1656603834386.png

Heather and Liam went after...then picked our next LL for Buzz while I got some snacks.

L, K and I hit Tomorrowland Speedway next. Liam wasn't quite tall enough to drive on his own, so an excellent CM suggested a solution...Go around 2 times with each kid as the driver...No brainer! Yes, so we went twice in a row, just swapping the kids places...

Kudos to the CM, the Magic is with him...

Had to do rider swap for Buzz as well so I hung out with Jace while the others went in...

Got a good picture this time around with my moving buddy...

1656604192532.png

Random TL picture...
1656604231167.png

Next me and the older boys hit TTA while H changed and fed Jace...
1656604275983.png

1656604283953.png

Relaxation from a grinding morning...

Did I ever tell you I was the model for the hairy leg on Pirates? True Story...

Last edited:

Billy6

Original Poster
After visiting 100 Acre Woods, we grabbed a quick lunch at Cosmic Ray's, we each split a meal because we had a linner planned at 3:00 at Crystal Palace...

1656610786501.png

1656610818768.png

Pirates was our next LL so headed over to AL for POTC and the BR cause we all had to PP.

After buying some Pirate weapons, we took a trip to Agrabah...

1656610880365.png

It was hot but not really humid that day...and the entire week was the same. Little to no humidity, the shade was a savior but you got cooked in the sun...thus the headband/cooling towel...

We headed over to the Crystal Palace after this and checked in...

I don't recall going there for lunch/dinner in quite some time, but I loved it. Prime Rib was excellent as well as the many choices there.
We employ a "recharge meal" every trip to MK to eat, use the AC and rest for an hour or so...

In all of the excitement for the food, this is the only picture we got...the kids batteries were drained right after eating...
1656611138853.png

Heather and Liam conned me into staying and eating more while the kids slept and they got in line for Seven Dwarfs MT.

I obliged as long as they bought me Mrs. Potts later that night...OK!

Grabbed a Castle Pic...
1656611393754.png

After about 75 minutes, they called me and I met them here...spinning is not my cup of tea so they went on!

1656611304847.png

Then a ride around the world with other screaming kids....:p
1656611348622.png

1656611355514.png

1656611363120.png

Almost time to meet the man, so we headed over!!

Last edited:

Billy6

Original Poster
We got LL for Mickey meet and great so we went through the 16 doors pretty quick..lol..

Guess who was happy...?

1656619886364.png

1656619907042.png

Mickey let Jace play with his nose and he gave Mick a wet kiss..LOL..

Kaiden and Liam have him hugs and we got the picture set up...

Another magician wrote how recently, some CMs seemed very robotic and cold..The CM in the room was like that. Had a spiel, had to push the button, but never really greeted any of the families...Oh well. Mickey was great and he commented on Liam's green hair.

He pointed to it and drew a heart with his hands...Liam was happy.

Liam and I went back to Space Mountain for another ride and walked in all the way to the queue beside the control tower. 10min wait for 45 min posting...

Heather got to pick the next thing and we went to see Philharmagic...I really liked the CoCo addition. Kaiden saved Donald, he told us...

Liam goofing off outside of the show..

1656620285004.png

1656620318477.png

After, we headed to try Haunted Mansion...Denied. 60 min

Then Peter Pan was posted 45 so I went in with L and K and didn't move past the first part of the bedroom for 25 minutes. Gave up

Heather said the LL was huge and wrapped around near the corner into the Philharmagic exit area..Yikes. Came out and saw it jumped to 75.

We headed towards Frontierland and grabbed a rider swap for Big Thunder...Liam and I went in first and waited every minute of the 35 in the sweaty, no air circulation queue...Ugh.

Someone got suckered in to getting K a treat...;)

1656620770769.png

1656620780696.png

Heather and Liam went for her turn and by that time it was getting dark. Park was closing at 10 so we got some ice cream from a cart and stayed back by BTM for the fireworks and had a great view, you could also make out the ones in front of the castle.

We decided to leave a few minutes on the clock and headed to Main Street via AL and got our Family castle pictures...They came out good. I have to download them..

Time to leave so we said our goodbyes and headed for the Ferry boat lines. They were long but never stopped moving so it took about 15m to get on one and we were back to the TTC in no time. Then a quick walk to the van and started back...

What a day, we all commented on how much fun we had and then silence...ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Back for more Disney sprinkles tomorrow...

fractal

We hit Mermaid before it was time for our first LL at Space Mountain...

As you will see, K takes the cake for best smiles this trip...He was almost 2 last trip so most things were brand new to him

View attachment 649654

We set up the rider swap for Space and Liam and I headed in...

View attachment 649655

Heather and Liam went after...then picked our next LL for Buzz while I got some snacks.

L, K and I hit Tomorrowland Speedway next. Liam wasn't quite tall enough to drive on his own, so an excellent CM suggested a solution...Go around 2 times with each kid as the driver...No brainer! Yes, so we went twice in a row, just swapping the kids places...

Kudos to the CM, the Magic is with him...

Had to do rider swap for Buzz as well so I hung out with Jace while the others went in...

Got a good picture this time around with my moving buddy...

View attachment 649656

Random TL picture...
View attachment 649657

Next me and the older boys hit TTA while H changed and fed Jace...
View attachment 649658
View attachment 649659

Relaxation from a grinding morning...

Did I ever tell you I was the model for the hairy leg on Pirates? True Story...

You mean this guy?

_DSC4701-X3.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom