Orlando Becoming East Coast Headquarters for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products

No Name

It’s gotta be tough to tell employees in the year 2022 that they’re moving across the country. It would/will be interesting to see what percentage just find new jobs.

Mac Tonight

It’s gotta be tough to tell employees in the year 2022 that they’re moving across the country. It would/will be interesting to see what percentage just find new jobs.
This process already started last year. And as far as I've been told, folks were told if their department would be making the move and were then given the choice to stay or go. So far, everyone I've talked to that was affected by this has declined the move.

No Name

This process already started last year. And as far as I've been told, folks were told if their department would be making the move and were then given the choice to stay or go. So far, everyone I've talked to that was affected by this has declined the move.
Oh, well I didn’t know there was an option to stay. Then I expect approximately 0 people to move.

JoeCamel

So lots of fresh new ideas from all the fresh new people?
Oh, well I didn’t know there was an option to stay. Then I expect approximately 0 people to move.
I don't think that is an option, move or look for a new job is more like it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Fresh new people perhaps means lower starting salaries due to being newbies with Disney?

That and they possess no institutional knowledge of what Disney is and means? Maybe they watched Disney cartoons and movies growing up, I can only hope.
They likely won’t be replaced.

This move to Florida isn’t to “build a commune of freethinkers, artisans and craftsman…”

It’s more like to turn it into just some department in a consolidation attempt

Piebald

Disney recruiters have been hitting me up like madmen (I live in Orlando). I had 3 message me on linkedin on the same day and one even referenced one of the other recruiters before I even got a chance to write back.

One was about a DISNEYTECH job which evidently will be Lake Nona, and another was with corporate and they asked me if I'd consider moving to Burbank/Glendale although living near a regional office was fine either way. It was confusing.

I'm guessing they are hiring like crazy which is surprising because Disney was historically the type of place you applied knowing that position got 4million other applications and you were lucky to get an automated rejection email.

No Name

Maybe I phrased that wrong. I don't think it was either "make the move to FL" or "stay in CA and keep the same job". In fact, one of my friends who declined the move just had his last day at WDI a couple weeks ago.
Oh okay that makes more sense.

I wonder what the process is like if you tell them you’re not moving. Do you get to stay with the company until they actually move, even though at this point you’re a lame duck of sorts, or do they kick you to the curb sooner?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom