Orlando Becoming East Coast Headquarters for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products

Disorbust

Has anyone heard when this move should start? My daughter thought Febuary but that seems too soon. But the website that was posted earier shows occupancy in 120 day so maybe?

TransportationGuy

Anyone know Why aren’t they making use of the buildings in Celebration that are currently sitting vacant??
Celebration is also just about full (at least pre-COVID with a lot of WDW admin, marketing, and pretty much all of the DCL offices. Rather than have to displace some of the more ‘mundane’ stuff that will then need a new home, it probably makes more sense to build something for WDI that can simply fit their needs from the start

bcoachable

Celebration is also just about full (at least pre-COVID with a lot of WDW admin, marketing, and pretty much all of the DCL offices. Rather than have to displace some of the more ‘mundane’ stuff that will then need a new home, it probably makes more sense to build something for WDI that can simply fit their needs from the start
Got ya- I was lead to believe that much of those spaces had been vacated… thanks for the updated info!

DonaldDoleWhip

WDAS is opening a branch in Vancouver.

Very interesting and appropriate. Some of my former SF roommates from Ireland spent a year in the States (H-1B visa) then headed to Vancouver from there. Also have a friend from New Zealand who did the same thing. The city's got quite a talent pool to tap into, including tech-heavy and international talent, while still being close enough to CA for easy collaboration.

The move away from California is certainly fascinating to see. If it wasn't blatant enough before, it is now.

Lilofan

Very interesting and appropriate. Some of my former SF roommates from Ireland spent a year in the States (H-1B visa) then headed to Vancouver from there. The city's got quite a talent pool to tap into, including tech-heavy talent, while still being close enough to CA for easy collaboration.

The move away from California is certainly fascinating to see.
Our family has been to vacation in Vancouver. The city is a foodie paradise!

the.dreamfinder

Very interesting and appropriate. Some of my former SF roommates from Ireland spent a year in the States (H-1B visa) then headed to Vancouver from there. Also have a friend from New Zealand who did the same thing. The city's got quite a talent pool to tap into, including tech-heavy and international talent, while still being close enough to CA for easy collaboration.

The move away from California is certainly fascinating to see. If it wasn't blatant enough before, it is now.
Until the BC production subsidy goes away.

DonaldDoleWhip

Our family has been to vacation in Vancouver. The city is a foodie paradise!
Never been, but it's high on the list! Know nothing about the food scene myself (if it's anything like Seattle or Portland, I can imagine how great it is), and I'm excited it'll soon be open to Americans.

Until the BC production subsidy goes away.
I'd take British Columbia over Georgia, but I'm just a digital marketer, not a film producer. 🤷‍♂️ Also have never been to either - would love to visit Atlanta one day!

Lilofan

Never been, but it's high on the list! Know nothing about the food scene myself (if it's anything like Seattle or Portland, I can imagine how great it is), and I'm excited it'll soon be open to Americans.

I'd take British Columbia over Georgia, but I'm just a digital marketer, not a film producer. 🤷‍♂️ Also have never been to either - would love to visit Atlanta one day!
The cast relocating to Vancouver will be happy with the diversity of food. We've vacationed in Seattle too. Great food there too and first time I tried Russian food, it is tasty. Atlanta has great Southern cooking and a nice Koreatown too.

skypilot2922

And did you notice the "biodefenses" in that building?
"groundbreaking bio-defense solutions, including ultraviolet (UV) light and air filtration technologies, sensors and devices aimed at eliminating airborne pathogens, and large-scale air and surface sanitization."

You mean like any LEED certified building with limited air exchange ???

the.dreamfinder

Canada subsidizes film production heavily on both a national and provincial basis, The X-files were largely done in BC
I’m aware, what happens when the taxpayers say no more? BC had a big conflict over this and had to cut their subsidy because it was endangering their public schools and general provincial budget.

skypilot2922

I’m aware, what happens when the taxpayers say no more? BC had a big conflict over this and had to cut their subsidy because it was endangering their public schools and general provincial budget.

I can see the subsidies being cut but not to zero because film is so important to Canada and most of the best programming is coming out of Canada these days my current Canadian favorite is 'Murdoch Mysteries' and as part of IRL I've been to the Rogers campus in Brampton a simply AMAZING place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom