Original Monorail Car up for auction on Ebay

kal1484

I think that the US should make monorails instead of trains. I bet more people would take the monorail! Plus, that would be AWESOME:)

Figment1986

If i had cash t bid on it, I would make a Disney themed pool, and place that right near the pool. Put a cover over it. Conect it to a power scorse and have it be a lounge area. I Can Only Dream Though.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by wdwprincess03
I think that the US should make monorails instead of trains. I bet more people would take the monorail! Plus, that would be AWESOME:)

Oh I know... I would love to ride a monorail back and forth to work everyday...rather than ride the train I do now:)

DisneyKrazed

The party idea and bar idea are great! Really kids would beg there parents saying "O mom, I'll be the coolest 4th grader on the block". Then you charge the mom not 7 not 6 but 5 you heard me just 5 easy payments of 150$! Or the bar idea. I think it would be great to have a Disney World bar (located in Kissimee) bar seperated into 4 diffrent things in Disney ex transportation, rides, and charecters. Then fill each room with pics of the topic and Disney World Memorabelia! :D I think I have a new goal in life. :hammer:

Hey guys... I looked at the auction and it says just the cab portion... I guess they would not want the whole thing to appear anywhere else... I'm sure hope the lucky one that takes this home will display it in public somewhere... or do you think Disney would restrict where it could be placed and used?

DMC-12

Invero

The winner, Chip Young of Tyrone, Georgia, is trying to contact Disney and is trying to purchase the entire Car 1 instead of just the cab. He wants to completely restore it, and have it on display on his property.

DMC-12

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
The winner, Chip Young of Tyrone, Georgia, is trying to contact Disney and is trying to purchase the entire Car 1 instead of just the cab. He wants to completely restore it, and have it on display on his property.

Ah...cool....thanks Fantasia Boi !

Where did you hear this....and do you think they will let him purchase then entire car...since it is just sitting in the warehouse collecting dust? Also....how many other monorails are in the ware house with red....and plans for those to hit the aution block?...sorry for all the questions...:)

Invero

Originally posted by DMC-12

Ah...cool....thanks Fantasia Boi !

Where did you hear this....and do you think they will let him purchase then entire car...since it is just sitting in the warehouse collecting dust? Also....how many other monorails are in the ware house with red....and plans for those to hit the aution block?...sorry for all the questions...:)

Only Red and Silver were in the Warehouse... sitting there, collecting TONS of dust. As for Disney letting him purchase the rest of the car, who knows. If they've already separated it... they might not... (or they might let him have the other end... *shrug*) Who knows with Disney. Although, like we all know... with the right Price, you can do anything with Disney. lol...

BTW... here's the pic of the MK IV junkyard before they were destroyed... don't know where it is... (found the pic on the net)

Attachments

• mivjunkyard.jpg
    mivjunkyard.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 148

Invero

Originally posted by Javier&Christie
that pic of the "about to be junked" monorails is kinda depressing... I probably rode in all of those monorails as a kid :(

I know what you mean... I had a chance to visit the warehouse where Red & Silver are stored... they're practically buried in dust, with all sorts of junk boxes all around 'em... It was sad...

Lots of interesting stuff at the Warehouse though... an old Skyway car... the Gadget Mobile... (I'm sure these things will appear on eBay soon)... and even a few Figment audio-animitronics.

Invero

Originally posted by Javier&Christie
cool... where is that warehouse anyways? like as far as, where on the property..?

It's actually not on property... It's over in Kissimmee, just off of 192.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom