Ordering a cake,..?

Disney_Belle

Not sure if this would qualify as a Trip Planning or a Dining question... so feel free to move it to the appropriate area lol.

My husband's birthday is on January 22, and we are eating at Chef Mickey's (I know not the most ideal place for a 27-turning-28 year old, but making reservations for 13 people was a task lol so we took what we could get lol). I want to order him a cake and was wondering if anyone had some recommendations??? He loves chocolate. I just wanted to know if anyone had good experiences/tastes/ideas etc.

Rob562

Best thing to do would be to call and talk to a manager at Chef Mickey's directly, and speak with them about what your options are.

You can reach them through the WDW Main Switchboard, 407-824-2222. Ask the operator to be connected to Chef Mickey's, making sure they know you want to speak to a manager there and not make a reservation. Otherwise they may want to transfer you to the WDW-DINE line.

Best time to call would probably be mid-to-late afternoon before they open for dinner, which starts at 5PM. (Even better would be to call on the same day of the week as your visit, because if the managers there work a set schedule, you might even get to speak to the one who'd be on-duty the night of your dinner)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just to add a bit to Rob's post.......If all you are looking for is the standard 9" round cake those are available pretty much at a moments notice. If you want something special and/or custom you will need to call around 48 hours in advance, if memory serves me correctly.

Upvote 0

BuddhasHomeGirl

I ordered a cake through the Disney Cake hotline, (choco cake, chocolate frosting) and we never got it. I called the hot line, they took it off my charge but they never even said they were sorry.

I would just tell the restaurant you have a birthday and they always do a cute job of bringing over a cupcake with a decorated plate, the Boma restaurant even gave him a card from the staff signed all in African.

I wont go through the cake hot line ever again, I was very disappointed.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
When I was talking to a CM the other day, she told me to call Disney Florist and I said, even for a cake?? She said yet - but that was to have one waiting in the room for him when we got there. Soooo....that could be just for in the room stuff. But if you don't have any luck getting it ordered, then you may just want to give them a call and see what it take you. Good luck! :wave:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Just to add a bit to Rob's post.......If all you are looking for is the standard 9" round cake those are available pretty much at a moments notice. If you want something special and/or custom you will need to call around 48 hours in advance, if memory serves me correctly.

You're right. If you want just a regular cake you can order it at the podium when you check in at the restaurant. If you want a custom cake you have to call ahead of time to order it.

Pam

Upvote 0

kstella

If you type disney birthday cakes in your address bar it will show you an address with pictures of cakes that people have gotten at Disney and different cake/icing/filling options. Very cute!

Upvote 0

jen2009

If you want the standard birthday cake which is 9in, you have to let the hostess now when you arrive. I ran into this problem for my fiances 40th birthday. I tried for weeks to have something pre-done before we ate at Cinderellas Royal Table. I had no luck reaching head chef, even cm at resort could not get through. This was after numerous messages were left. I had to ask for it when we arrived for the reservation without him knowing. I will say that they did make a big deal about it when they brought the cake out to him all lite up. It was priceless. The princesses all sang Happy Birthday to him. I guess it makes up for the run around. The cake was yummo!!! Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

You're right. If you want just a regular cake you can order it at the podium when you check in at the restaurant. If you want a custom cake you have to call ahead of time to order it.

Pam

We did this at the Poly Luau and it was truly inedible. That was from dh who will usually eat anything without complaint. We got a refund. Round cake with spinkles and a Mickey in the middle.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom