Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I think there's at least 5 elements of Maroon Studios that only need a paragraph or two. So while, Animation seems to have a lot, some of it (like Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, the Red Car, Terminal Bar, and some others don't need a full in depth description).

Again, I don't know what our presentation format will be, but the Disney website outline might be a good format to emulate. Like someone mentioned before, each land should pick one or two elements in their land to do in-depth detail description (whether its a ride, show, or restaurant) and limit the rest to shorter descriptions.
I'd even go as far as to say that only prop warehouse and gangster ride needs full write ups. Everything else seems like simple enough concepts that 8-10 sentences over two paragraphs should be plenty. Especially all based on movies and stuff. How long do we really need to explain "dueling coaster through Tatooine themed to pod racing" or "Muppets recreate scenes from famous movies"

Not saying that these aren't all strong enough ideas that full write ups could work, just that they are ideas that could easily be communicated in simple terms.

We have multiple people on this team who have done very well in the one sentence competition (some winners and hosts too). We could put those skills to use

D Hulk

Agreed with @Pionmycake, for Sunset/Maroon I'd say the Gangster EMV and the trackless Warehouse of Wonders (WOW) are the only things needing extra detail. In Sunset, the Rocketeer ride has always been the least crucial; I can always do a paragraph on it, which is easily added or dropped to the presentation.

I'd say the Pod Race could expand a little more beyond a paragraph, using a storyboard technique (one sentence per image) kinda like what I did for Magic Mountain's Superman coaster. Even just using stills from Phantom Menace. Visual details read quickly.

@FigmentPigments, I like the idea for presentation using the Disney website style (both visuals and their brief write-ups). Using that approach for Santorini Springs last round seemed to really make that project sing.

My expected duties going forward? Many (most?) of the 1 sentence/paragraph write-ups for Sunset, plus a complete ridethrough for either WOW or EMV (after someone else who's interested claims the other). And making an illustrated map of the revamped MGM Studios.

Gonna be pretty absent today with work stuff and whatnot, but will be following along.

FigmentPigments

Agreed with @Pionmycake, for Sunset/Maroon I'd say the Gangster EMV and the trackless Warehouse of Wonders (WOW) are the only things needing extra detail. In Sunset, the Rocketeer ride has always been the least crucial; I can always do a paragraph on it, which is easily added or dropped to the presentation.

I'd say the Pod Race could expand a little more beyond a paragraph, using a storyboard technique (one sentence per image) kinda like what I did for Magic Mountain's Superman coaster. Even just using stills from Phantom Menace. Visual details read quickly.

@FigmentPigments, I like the idea for presentation using the Disney website style (both visuals and their brief write-ups). Using that approach for Santorini Springs last round seemed to really make that project sing.

My expected duties going forward? Many (most?) of the 1 sentence/paragraph write-ups for Sunset, plus a complete ridethrough for either WOW or EMV (after someone else who's interested claims the other). And making an illustrated map of the revamped MGM Studios.

Gonna be pretty absent today with work stuff and whatnot, but will be following along.
Sounds good! So we should probably have everyone pick an area and/or presentation element to focus on. If we have multiple people in an area, the quicker we probably need to get things divided up.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
@Voxel how practical would a site like what Brava did for Stanza I be? Could work really well for our presentation.

@D Hindley that sounds fantastic. If that is too much for you, let us know. I'd be happy to help lighten your load. We could work together on Sunset if you want so you could just focus on the map and the full ride through.

@pixie_princess you seemed pretty excited about Oswald. Do you want to work of the Oswald speak easy or jazz club restaurant on the edge between Sunset and Maroon?

@AceAstro I know I had said before about not being super into working on Muppets. But maybe me and you could tag team that. You write the stuff and I help implement it into NY Street. You know the Muppets I know the area. Unless someone else wanted to take up Muppets.

Bottom line, I'm game to help wherever I'm needed. I'm not sure how much art, if any, I'll be able to do this round (at least well done art). But I can write a bunch. And I can help blend stuff together with the different parts of our project and with the park.

Speaking of which, parades. With Star Wars Land, I say we rework the parade route (which wasn't properly set up until around 95 anyways) to start in Maroon and go down sunset to Hollywood Boulevard, then exit near the front of the park. We would have to make sure the tunnel between Maroon and Sunset is big enough for parade floats though.

pixie_princess

@Voxel how practical would a site like what Brava did for Stanza I be? Could work really well for our presentation.

@D Hindley that sounds fantastic. If that is too much for you, let us know. I'd be happy to help lighten your load. We could work together on Sunset if you want so you could just focus on the map and the full ride through.

@pixie_princess you seemed pretty excited about Oswald. Do you want to work of the Oswald speak easy or jazz club restaurant on the edge between Sunset and Maroon?

@AceAstro I know I had said before about not being super into working on Muppets. But maybe me and you could tag team that. You write the stuff and I help implement it into NY Street. You know the Muppets I know the area. Unless someone else wanted to take up Muppets.

Bottom line, I'm game to help wherever I'm needed. I'm not sure how much art, if any, I'll be able to do this round (at least well done art). But I can write a bunch. And I can help blend stuff together with the different parts of our project and with the park.

Speaking of which, parades. With Star Wars Land, I say we rework the parade route (which wasn't properly set up until around 95 anyways) to start in Maroon and go down sunset to Hollywood Boulevard, then exit near the front of the park. We would have to make sure the tunnel between Maroon and Sunset is big enough for parade floats though.

I would love to do Oswald. I could do the jazz club or speak easy, and if we are still doing the ride I might have some ideas for that. I am also able to head into the parks so if you need any pictures of different areas and spacial know-how I can go and take a list.

Voxel

President of Progress City

Honestly, A custom site will not happen. A Site like Stanza I and I think Stanza 4 (Disneyland Paris and Disneyland brazil), took north of 20+ hours to complete and with my current work schedule I don't have those hours to Dedicate. I'm sorry.

Voxel

Here's a thought - why doesn't someone else try a custom website like a wix or weebly? That way you learn the skill for the future?:cool:
Here's a thought - why doesn't someone else try a custom website like a wix or weebly? That way you learn the skill for the future?:cool:
This... And it's easier than building Websites the way I do.. I write all my sites from scratch for the most part.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Honestly, A custom site will not happen. A Site like Stanza I and I think Stanza 4 (Disneyland Paris and Disneyland brazil), took north of 20+ hours to complete and with my current work schedule I don't have those hours to Dedicate. I'm sorry.

No worries. I know it takes a while, I didn't realize it took that long lol. Yeah, definitely don't worry about it haha

And that's not a bad idea. I'll look into it later today, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have on the due date with work. So, it would probably be best if someone else could.

Or if we thought of something new

Voxel

No worries. I know it takes a while, I didn't realize it took that long lol. Yeah, definitely don't worry about it haha

And that's not a bad idea. I'll look into it later today, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have on the due date with work. So, it would probably be best if someone else could.

Or if we thought of something new
Wix and Weebly have a lot of drag and drop on Images.. HTML you have to position them and their behavior.

@spacemt354 have I said how much I hate my job lately.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Wix and Weebly have a lot of drag and drop on Images.. HTML you have to position them and their behavior.

@spacemt354 have I said how much I hate my job lately.
No I had no idea:p

Also I know Wix allows you to add emails to the account, so one person doesn't have to design it alone -- it could be a group effort and you can all learn it together. Wix imho is better than Weebly -- Wix allows more customization while Weebly is more standard

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
If I can do it and know nothing about coding and website design - it can't be that hard :p
If I started it and made a template, how easy would it be for someone else to insert the final write ups? Because it is a skill I've wanted to try to learn for a while, but I know my work schedule for Thurs and Friday is gonna mean I won't have a large chunk of time to compile everything on the due date.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Also I know Wix allows you to add emails to the account, so one person doesn't have to design it alone -- it could be a group effort and you can all learn it together. Wix imho is better than Weebly -- Wix allows more customization while Weebly is more standard
Well that answers my question as I was asking it lol

Voxel

I'm tired of working over the weekend in order to catch up or make deadlines..

FigmentPigments

Whoa! I thought we were talking about a Weebly website. :eek: Yikes, we definitely don't need a custom website. Jeez, Vox has some skills!

AceAstro

I think that would be super helpful! Old maps of MGM aren't always very clear o_Oo_O

The biggest struggle is where to put the Great Muppets Movie Ride. Based off of what I have seen, I think there are 3 realistic places:
  1. Replace the Premier Theater and area with the attraction (my least favourite option as it leaves the show building so "open")
  2. Put it in the area where Honey I Shrunk The Kids Adventure Playset is. It uses the idea of going through a facade into an attraction. The only worry here is how much room there really is and if there would be enough room for a proper queue
  3. If nothing else is going there, putting the attraction where LMA was. Tons of room at the end of the Streets of America that also helps cuts down the Backlot Tour (Although it'd be 12 years before they cut that part down)
I'm sure there are other areas I am just not thinking about currently so I would love a suggestion there! I figure the size of the attraction will be slightly smaller than the GMR show building.

FigmentPigments

If I started it and made a template, how easy would it be for someone else to insert the final write ups? Because it is a skill I've wanted to try to learn for a while, but I know my work schedule for Thurs and Friday is gonna mean I won't have a large chunk of time to compile everything on the due date.

Its not very hard at all. I've used Weebly in the past for a couple of challenges.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom