Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

D Hulk

@AceAstro - If you could blue sky the ultimate Muppet land around MuppetVision, what would you do?

@Pionmycake - An entire land dedicated to silent film? What various attractions did you have in mind for this land?

@anybody - Nightmare Before Xmas would be really, really cool in DHS. But how exactly do we fit it in? A whole miniland? A TOT Halloween overlay? Accessing Halloweentown from the Hollywood Cemetery?

AceAstro

@AceAstro - If you could blue sky the ultimate Muppet land around MuppetVision, what would you do?
Muppets Studio. Have MuppetVision, have the Electric Mayhem Bus (maybe connect it to a restaurant to be like Cosmic Ray’s?), Fozzie’s Gag Factory which could be a simple show like Turtle Talk With Crush), Kermit’s Office (which could be a meet & greet - although I’m not sure how I feel about the walk around Muppets) and then some sort of “Production Central” where we have some sort of E-ticket attraction (Great Muppet Movie Ride).

Disney Dad 3000

@Pionmycake - An entire land dedicated to silent film? What various attractions did you have in mind for this land?

@anybody - Nightmare Before Xmas would be really, really cool in DHS. But how exactly do we fit it in? A whole miniland? A TOT Halloween overlay? Accessing Halloweentown from the Hollywood Cemetery?

Much as I love nightmare, don't know that it fits in mgm with the Hollywood we are going for. Seems best as an overlay at HM or as decorations, etc. Oddly, Tim Burton has a number of disney films under his belt after Dumbo. Burtonland will have to be a future project.

Silent films is tough. Buster Keaton, Al Jolsin maybe?

Disney Dad 3000

Muppets Studio. Have MuppetVision, have the Electric Mayhem Bus (maybe connect it to a restaurant to be like Cosmic Ray’s?), Fozzie’s Gag Factory which could be a simple show like Turtle Talk With Crush), Kermit’s Office (which could be a meet & greet - although I’m not sure how I feel about the walk around Muppets) and then some sort of “Production Central” where we have some sort of E-ticket attraction (Great Muppet Movie Ride).

I mentioned an electric mayhem attraction earlier. You could use the bus as the vehicle for it. This was before the 3 min or less attraction time mandate. A musical journey through the muppets

D Hulk

These are good ideas. More ideas from the once-planned Muppet Studios land found in video:

My only concern is if the park is getting too many backlot studio settings. We've been discussing doing Maroon Studios (from Roger Rabbit) over in the Animation Courtyard, which is a somewhat similar concept. Could Muppets get "Muppet City" instead, which could be a Muppet neighborhood in Hollywood with a more varied visual look? All the same ideas still work.

AceAstro

These are good ideas. More ideas from the once-planned Muppet Studios land found in video:

My only concern is if the park is getting too many backlot studio settings. We've been discussing doing Maroon Studios (from Roger Rabbit) over in the Animation Courtyard, which is a somewhat similar concept. Could Muppets get "Muppet City" instead, which could be a Muppet neighborhood in Hollywood with a more varied visual look? All the same ideas still work.

That’s true! Have all the characters houses with various things throughout them!

D Hulk

That’s true! Have all the characters houses with various things throughout them!
Oh that would be really neat, like a Muppet version of Mickey's Toon Town! Imagine wandering through Fozzie's house full of gag props, then discovering him as an interactive "living character initiative" AA at the end.

An idea for Great Muppet Movie Ride - interactivity. Keep the premise that we're traveling through a movie set with Muppets filming. Guests ride camera rigs on a dolly track, and controll the cameras. A dark ride "shooter" of sorts. Makes it something more than just another dark ride.

AceAstro

So we do the Electric Mayhem Bus that has the AA Band travels through the city (can even re-theme the Streets of America tbh), Kermit’s house which could be the Meet and Greet, Fozzie’s House which is the Turlte Talk of jokes, Miss Piggy’s which could be like a “Muppet” Bibbidi-Bobbidi Boutique, S. Chef’s which is a restaurant, etc.

DisneyFan18

I have an idea for Indy, remember that Atlantis Ride for DLR? What if we use that concept for Indy? Queue - Submarine to a mysterious location- Queue P2 - Ride (System Undecided)

Rare%2Bdl%2Batlantis%2Bexpedition%2Bart2.png

D Hulk

I have an idea for Indy, remember that Atlantis Ride for DLR? What if we use that concept for Indy? Queue - Submarine to a mysterious location- Queue P2 - Ride (System Undecided)

Rare%2Bdl%2Batlantis%2Bexpedition%2Bart2.png
‘95 was when Indy opened at DLR. Wouldn’t be too far of a stretch to have the ride system duplicated that same year in WDW
We were discussing a big lagoon for a Fantasmic-style show, and this Indy idea would allow for that. Do Atlantis as the Indy setting. Ride system? One option would be TDS's dry-for-wet 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea vehicles.

The Indy EMV ride system was once considered for Richard Tracy's Crime Stoppers. Let's keep it for that, and do something different for Indy here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom