Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

Voxel

President of Progress City
True. D Hindley made a good point about other openings. Guess I'm just gun shy on projects getting cancelled :)
Well as Eisner! YOu have this semi Verbal Promise that this will not be cancelled.
OMG
I Should have thought of this sooner. I should go back to an old challenge and say "Due to Budget Issues" we are cancelling half of this project.

pixie_princess

Hey guys back from my DCP meeting so I am free for the rest of the day for both brainstorming and I know a few are in the area if you wanna hang. I like the brainstorming going on, I have been sold on MGM over Cali. I am hoping by the end of tonight we can have a more or less consensus on what we want to add so the work can be divided up.

Voxel

Hey guys back from my DCP meeting so I am free for the rest of the day for both brainstorming and I know a few are in the area if you wanna hang. I like the brainstorming going on, I have been sold on MGM over Cali. I am hoping by the end of tonight we can have a more or less consensus on what we want to add so the work can be divided up.
I gotta finish up work than go get food from the grocery store so I don't starve than I can create a recap of ideas and possible locations.

D Hulk

So, if we're still considering fully-immersive (mini)lands like what I proposed with Star Wars, what other Disney movie properties circa late-90's could work with this?

Any of Disney's traditional animation fits at MK. That's out.

Pixar gets its start in 1995, with Toy Story and A Bug's Life being things that a late phase expansion could include.

Any live action stuff from Walt's time, particularly 20,000 Leagues? Anything newer like TRON? All this was unpopular circa 1995ish.

A separate Indy land unrelated to Star Wars?

DisneyFan18

So, if we're still considering fully-immersive (mini)lands like what I proposed with Star Wars, what other Disney movie properties circa late-90's could work with this?

Pixar gets its start in 1995, with Toy Story and A Bug's Life being things that a late phase expansion could include.

Any live action stuff from Walt's time, particularly 20,000 Leagues? Anything newer like TRON? All this was unpopular circa 1995ish.

I would suggest Mary Poppins for an immersive land! And I think that an Indy immersive land like Lost River Delta located close to SW could Work!

mickeyfan5534

New park icon
limo_cher2001tm.jpg

Disney Dad 3000

Definitely think expanded indy could work (just like it could 23 years later). Woukd be 6 years after last crusade so films still in a good place. Indy Jr tv show was 93 maybe? Didn't do so well but an IP that will aways have cache.

D Hulk

enhance

So here's what we have to work with circa 1995. I'm assuming that all movie studio functions are being eliminated, giving us lots of expansion space to work with. Also, since MGM 2.0 is moving away from "studio park," the Backlot Tour is no longer needed, yes?

RED - HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD. Entry land stuff and GMR. No changes needed.

GREEN - SUNSET BOULEVARD. TOT, B&tB Live on Stage, expansion pads later used for RnRC and F! Good expansion space for more Golden Hollywood (Hollywood Hills) stuff. I have many attraction ideas for around here.

ORANGE - ANIMATION COURTYARD. Little Mermaid stage show and Disney Animation. I think it could become Maroon Studios (Roger Rabbit area) while retaining the actual animation studios if desired. Brings in toons (inc. Mickey and pals) for a "Hollywood magic" Fantasyland. (Barrier with Sunset Boulevard very malleable - want a walkway joining them.)

PURPLE - BACKLOT, MICKEY AVENUE. Eventual Toy Story area, for now a total blank slate honestly. I see this being the final (of 4) Hollywood areas, this the seedy, pulpy noir area. But that's very up-in-the-air. (Think a Red Car Trolley running between here and Animation Courtyard could be very cool.)

UGLIER ORANGE - ECHO LAKE. Star Tours, Indy Stunt Show, interactive shows like Monster Sound Show. In my mind, this whole area could retheme for Star Wars, with the stunt show getting a new SW theme. Or can subdivide into IP minilands?

BLUE - NEW YORK STREET. MuppetVision 3D (is that moveable?) - Only thing here worth preserving. Area could be home for more immersive IP stuff TBD.

BROWNISH GREEN - BACKLOT. Total blank slate. Good place for IPs.

The entire back half of the park is a blank slate. I see the stuff to the right being good for Golden Hollywood theming, with the stuff to the left good for various movie worlds and genres (inc. Star Wars). But any other ideas, please share! :)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I would say Green/Sunset becomes 1920s/silent films.

Echo Lake becomes the 1940s/Griffith Observatory/ pulp action area

Keep NY street/Backlot area mostly the same

Expand animation courtyard to be a complete path to Sunset

The Purple area of Backlot gets expanded to be Poppins, Star Wars, and whatever. Move Star Tours here and that gives us more room to do stuff with Indy/Rocketeer/pulp action in the griffith observatory area

Also, what if we turn the honey I shrunk the audience into a small Bug's Land as a cheap immersive land with stuff for kids.

enhance

So here's what we have to work with circa 1995. I'm assuming that all movie studio functions are being eliminated, giving us lots of expansion space to work with. Also, since MGM 2.0 is moving away from "studio park," the Backlot Tour is no longer needed, yes?

RED - HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD. Entry land stuff and GMR. No changes needed.

GREEN - SUNSET BOULEVARD. TOT, B&tB Live on Stage, expansion pads later used for RnRC and F! Good expansion space for more Golden Hollywood (Hollywood Hills) stuff. I have many attraction ideas for around here.

ORANGE - ANIMATION COURTYARD. Little Mermaid stage show and Disney Animation. I think it could become Maroon Studios (Roger Rabbit area) while retaining the actual animation studios if desired. Brings in toons (inc. Mickey and pals) for a "Hollywood magic" Fantasyland. (Barrier with Sunset Boulevard very malleable - want a walkway joining them.)

PURPLE - BACKLOT, MICKEY AVENUE. Eventual Toy Story area, for now a total blank slate honestly. I see this being the final (of 4) Hollywood areas, this the seedy, pulpy noir area. But that's very up-in-the-air. (Think a Red Car Trolley running between here and Animation Courtyard could be very cool.)

UGLIER ORANGE - ECHO LAKE. Star Tours, Indy Stunt Show, interactive shows like Monster Sound Show. In my mind, this whole area could retheme for Star Wars, with the stunt show getting a new SW theme. Or can subdivide into IP minilands?

BLUE - NEW YORK STREET. MuppetVision 3D (is that moveable?) - Only thing here worth preserving. Area could be home for more immersive IP stuff TBD.

BROWNISH GREEN - BACKLOT. Total blank slate. Good place for IPs.

The entire back half of the park is a blank slate. I see the stuff to the right being good for Golden Hollywood theming, with the stuff to the left good for various movie worlds and genres (inc. Star Wars). But any other ideas, please share! :)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I would say Green/Sunset becomes 1920s/silent films.

Echo Lake becomes the 1940s/Griffith Observatory/ pulp action area

Keep NY street/Backlot area mostly the same

Expand animation courtyard to be a complete path to Sunset

The Purple area of Backlot gets expanded to be Poppins, Star Wars, and whatever. Move Star Tours here and that gives us more room to do stuff with Indy/Rocketeer/pulp action in the griffith observatory area

Also, what if we turn the honey I shrunk the audience into a small Bug's Land as a cheap immersive land with stuff for kids.
One last quick thought while on break. For Star Tours we'd have to redo the facade and parts of the queue to fit into our immersive new land anyways, so moving that feels more practical than building around it and moving Muppets which would stay basically the same

Voxel

One last quick thought while on break. For Star Tours we'd have to redo the facade and parts of the queue to fit into our immersive new land anyways, so moving that feels more practical than building around it and moving Muppets which would stay basically the same
I would lean against moving an attraction.. While this is blue ski, there would have to be alot of money spent to Close an attraction, lose revenue while Demoing, the cost of demoing, the cost of rebuilding and than going through all the safety inspections and testing again. Cost wise it's cheap to resuse the same area. We can move into the parking lot if necessary, though I am more pro moving muppets studio than Star Tours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom