Opps, they did it (upstaged?) AGAIN!

Captain Chaos

Here is the thing. When at Universal, i dont really feel the need to go back a second day, in fact last time i was there i left at like 5 or 6 pm.

When at Disney I want to use up evey possible second i can. Sentiment has to do with some of this, but also I think you dont feel as if you are spending money to be entertained at Disney, at Univeral you do. In my opinion.

I think that the reason we have such high expectations for Disney is because as kids it was perfect to each of us. Now that we are older we expect it to be perfect but see the flaws. All i know is i feel better after a day at a Disney park than i do Universal.

Also Disney provides after the park experiences that Universal cannot compare to. The closest park I have been to in enjoyment compared to Disney is Busch Gardens Williamsburg, because the themeing is great and the people are wonderful, two industries standards started by Disney.

Funny, I felt the need to spend 3 days in Universal this past trip, wanting to
go back day after day, excited about it... I didn't feel the need to spend any more than 1 day in any of the Disney parks this year, not feeling overly excited about any of the 4 days I spent in WDW...

Universal has had its growing pains, that is for sure.. Yes, it was terribly mismanaged... And I'd go as far as saying if they didn't get Wizardng World, they may have been belly up by now... BUt with a new owner sinking money into the property, a terrifically themed land, rising attendance, soaring merchandise profits, and Team Members who are above and beyond the best I have encountered in Central Florida in a long time, there is a sense of rebirth in Universal... The excitement is in the air and it is catchy... Compare that with Disney World where things are just stale, many CMs have a stale attitude who only go through the motions (not all, but plenty to feel the difference), and you can sense the tide turning in Central Florida... Disney's business model of resting on its lautrels and adding stuff people care nothing about (NextGen I'm talking to you) will eventually bite them in the butt...

Captain Chaos

I think that when FLE opens it will give Disney/ Magic Kingdom that WOW factor it once had. The work done so far looks EPIC and will stand strong next to IOA's Potter. All of the Disney parks are lacking that WOW. Avatar will refresh AK big time. Hopfully Disney can keep up the pace. We just need a big bang project to be built at Epcot and DHS.

A WOW factor in Fantasyland?? Where??? Will it look pleasing to the eye?? yea... Is there something there that will make you say WOW?? No... A C ticket ride at best and what is shaping up to be a B ticket barnstormer through a mine is what you'll get... Nothing WOW about that... Forbidden Journey knocks those rides out of the park...

Captain Chaos

but isn't that what most of harry potter is? while forbidden journey is WOW all around, surely you could suggest that hogsmeade is basically some well themed shops. let's face it, if forbidden journey didn't exist, would people be amazed by the area? i don't think so.

Actually, everyone I know who has visited Wizarding World has said the land, not the ride, was FANTASTIC... They were completely amazed by how great the land looked...

What you are describing is Fantasyland... In order to be amazed by the "expansion" they needed to add an amazing ride... They aren't.. two middle of the pack rides and that is it... Forbidden Journey takes an already awesome themed land and makes it 1000 times better... What in new Fantasyland will make FLE better??? So, other than appealing to the eyes, FLE offers nothing...

Captain Chaos

Has anyone thought that maybe all of this "wasted" money or money that we don't know where it's going could all be going to Avatarland??? Think about all of the cuts recently, then Avatarland was announced. People seem to love Disney putting show and put their money in that pot but then criticize them for not building huge attractions. So who's to say this cutback won't make for a better tomorrow. Also maybe after Avatarland, Disney will focus on show first again... just my two cents.

Can't use Avatar as the excuse for declining product over the last 10 years...

ctxak98

Actually, everyone I know who has visited Wizarding World has said the land, not the ride, was FANTASTIC... They were completely amazed by how great the land looked...

What you are describing is Fantasyland... In order to be amazed by the "expansion" they needed to add an amazing ride... They aren't.. two middle of the pack rides and that is it... Forbidden Journey takes an already awesome themed land and makes it 1000 times better... What in new Fantasyland will make FLE better??? So, other than appealing to the eyes, FLE offers nothing...

I can agree with you that WWOHP is well themed but the themeing to me!(just my opinion...not saying its right) is easier to do then theme a land based off of numerous favorite kids movies. Harry Potters movies and books create so much visuals that its basically just making what you see in the movie....not creating your own look to it. Fnatasyland is for kids and was in need of expansion because it is always so crowded. There really is no way to make a kid ride thrilling! atleast in my opinion and I think the Mine ride is going to be the best kid coaster out there once its complete. Does disney need thrill rides or more rides in certain areas? YES and they will eventually but you cant do everything at once!....So lets just say that Disney and UO both have there moments and experiences. We all have our own opinions on who is better but In the end both are Awesome.:)

Captain Chaos

I can agree with you that WWOHP is well themed but the themeing to me!(just my opinion...not saying its right) is easier to do then theme a land based off of numerous favorite kids movies. Harry Potters movies and books create so much visuals that its basically just making what you see in the movie....not creating your own look to it. Fnatasyland is for kids and was in need of expansion because it is always so crowded. There really is no way to make a kid ride thrilling! atleast in my opinion and I think the Mine ride is going to be the best kid coaster out there once its complete. Does disney need thrill rides or more rides in certain areas? YES and they will eventually but you cant do everything at once!....So lets just say that Disney and UO both have there moments and experiences. We all have our own opinions on who is better but In the end both are Awesome.:)

Are you running for President and trying to show you are bi-partisan? LOL... :)And you are right, both parks have their moments, both parks offer experiences to their guests (even though the experiences are different), and those experiences are enjoyable... Both parks also have their faults...

Imagineer Mitch

Can't use Avatar as the excuse for declining product over the last 10 years...

actually i can considering this project didn't "happen out of the middle of know where"... yeah Avatar is recent, but there could have been other projects in store that took more of the budget. which in the end has been put into the Avatar pot.

dopeylover

im so tired of hearing about universal... i get on disney sites to look at disney. Its so annoying hearing about how amazing universal is (and im not saying its not) but im on this site to look at disney

I don't understand it either! I LOVE DISNEY, and I like Universal too, but if I don't understand why so many people take time to go on these WDW sites just to say how much they hate it! I enjoy discussions about Disney and Universal, but if you dislike Disney and love Universal, I feel you may be on the wrong type of sites! :shrug:

dopeylover

ok... way to many people to reply to so I will make a few statements...

One, saying Disney is better because of attendance is like saying walmart is better then publix.

Second, to the poster who did not want to hear about UNI on a disney forum then STAY OF news and rumors, general discussion and THE UNI BOARD!!

third, Saying that you could do UNI in two days is somewhat based on you, I could get in two parks in one day so I could do everything I wanted in 2-3 days...

and saying Disney is better because of service is laughable... but I don't feel like wasting my time replying...

And before I will be told to stay off the Universal section of this page...I do! :)

maxairmike

Have any of you (complaining about Universal discussion here) actually tried to find a Universal specific fan site since about...2005? I have, multiple times, and they're near impossible to find. I've found boards and sites for small family-run parks and almost every major regional SF/CF park since I first got on these kind of sites in 2004, but I have yet to find a solid, consistently updated Universal fan site with a thriving community. They just don't really exist as far as I've been able to tell. Yes, there are the odd ones like the Horror Nights one, but otherwise, good luck.

Yeah, it's a little odd that some of the best Universal discussions take place on a Disney board, but it isn't as odd when you look around and try to find a Uni fan site.

ctxak98

Are you running for President and trying to show you are bi-partisan? LOL... :)And you are right, both parks have their moments, both parks offer experiences to their guests (even though the experiences are different), and those experiences are enjoyable... Both parks also have their faults...

NOPE no running for president here!:lol:...But yes every park has faults and I understand that. I really like Islands of Adventure but it could be pushed more. The jurassic park area and WWOHP are the best themed areas in my opinion. Great park. Great rides. It just needs time to grow.

disney fan 13

Have any of you (complaining about Universal discussion here) actually tried to find a Universal specific fan site since about...2005? I have, multiple times, and they're near impossible to find. I've found boards and sites for small family-run parks and almost every major regional SF/CF park since I first got on these kind of sites in 2004, but I have yet to find a solid, consistently updated Universal fan site with a thriving community. They just don't really exist as far as I've been able to tell. Yes, there are the odd ones like the Horror Nights one, but otherwise, good luck.

Yeah, it's a little odd that some of the best Universal discussions take place on a Disney board, but it isn't as odd when you look around and try to find a Uni fan site.

well there is one that is UNITED about ORLANDO

flip it around...

bdearl41

The fact that your extolling that you could (DOES ANYONE??) spend a WHOLE afternoon in Innoventions and The Seas and NOT JP, which has.....wait for it....River Adventure, Camp Jurassic, Discovery Center, and during peak times, Tric Encounter is LAUGHABLE. Really showng your bias. :shrug:

I do spend about 2-3 hours at Seas, I dont in innoventions because i choose to spend time at Seas instead, usually i reserve the afternoon for the World Showcase.

IM not saying Jurassic Park isnt great, it is, but theyve done nothing to it since it opened. The potential in that part of the park is amazing, but they wont add any more dino rides.

Megavolt

IM not saying Jurassic Park isnt great, it is, but theyve done nothing to it since it opened. The potential in that part of the park is amazing, but they wont add any more dino rides.

That is like saying they haven't done anything with Africa in DAK since it opened (DAK opened in '98, IOA opened in '99). Africa has tons of potential for new stuff, but they haven't added anything to it that isn't a pay to add on tour.

Yeah, JP could have multiple attractions added to that area that would take it to the next level, but it is still a quality land with a good range of activites for multiple age groups. :shrug:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, considering it's been almost a full day since anything was last said about the "sneak peeks," I think it's fair to say there's been little to no upstaging of the events at WDW today. :rolleyes:

I'll keep waiting for the release of information from Universal though.....

JT3000

Well, considering it's been almost a full day since anything was last said about the "sneak peeks," I think it's fair to say there's been little to no upstaging of the events at WDW today. :rolleyes:

I'll keep waiting for the release of information from Universal though.....

There was really no need to upstage the "events" at WDW today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom