Opps, they did it (upstaged?) AGAIN!

scoobygirl39541

I think the Mummy is way better than FJ honestly, on all accounts. Even the cue is better! FJ has rows and rows of lines zigzagging in a greenhouse... really? o_O Even the ride scenes are better in the Mummy. Fj is just Sorin' with some animatronics. I only rode FJ twice since it opened and everyone mutually agreed to skip it on our last trip. I don't see all the hype :shrug:

HMButler79

Original Poster
There is so many more little things to do at disney, so many more, just take epcot for example, to do eveything in the world showcase, see all the great cultural shows, eat at the restaurants, explore all the shops, etc. would take days in itself. Innoventions is worth a whole afternoon. I could spend a whole afternoon at the Seas, granted I am a diver (hope to dive in that tank soon) and I am into that stuff. I just think Disney gives an immersive experience as opposed to UO which is more of a movie themed amusement park. Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies, but there just isnt a lot to do in that part of the park. UO is a great park/resort, dont get me wrong, i just dont believe it to be as immersive and in depth as the whole of Disney.

If you want to get technical to do everything in Disney would take months, but there is just so much more is why.....Disney has so much to offer on so many levels, where UO found its level and kinda stuck to it.

The fact that your extolling that you could (DOES ANYONE??) spend a WHOLE afternoon in Innoventions and The Seas and NOT JP, which has.....wait for it....River Adventure, Camp Jurassic, Discovery Center, and during peak times, Tric Encounter is LAUGHABLE. Really showng your bias. :shrug:

HMButler79

Original Poster
I Like Universal and Islands of adventure but I dont love them. I LOVE the disney parks not because there rides are better but because of the overall experience. Every single park is unique and Has something different to offer you. Is Universal fun!? YESSS I think Universal is very fun but not worth traveling allll the way to florida for. Its a one day thing I do every year becaus they Have 5 rides I truly like to do(spiderman, jurassic park, Forbidden journey, the mummy, and dueling dragons) really everything else is time filler rides but I do end up leaving early. I dont think universal compares in the "MAGICAL EXPERIENCE" aspect of a theme park.
Its just my opinion but I dont know of The forbidden journey is the best themed ride? Maybe best themed walk through! thats forsure but overall I thought the ride could be better!:)

Tell that to the people traveling all the way to Florida for Potter.

GLaDOS

Do you consider FJ's show building well themed? I don't think so. Cheap and tacky. You will not see exposed show building anywhere in FLE. The details WOW me and Disney continues to do so. I don't care how epic FJ's ride is. The outside of the castle looks terrible waiting in queue.

And Soarin's gigantic building looming over World Showcase is different how? Or Haunted Mansion's clearly visible showbuilding since the new queue installation?

Right, because it's in Disney.

Give me a break.:rolleyes:

Even the cue is better! FJ has rows and rows of lines zigzagging in a greenhouse... really? o_O

Queue. And the green house is still lovely looking.

And Mummy DOES have zizagging lines in it's queue. You just never see them because it isn't as crowded. And I like how you conveniently forget to mention the castle itself, the One-eyed Witch passage, the hogwarts entrance, Dumbledore's office, Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom, the talking portraits, the Gryffindor Common Room, and the Sorting Hat.

Nice.

Even the ride scenes are better in the Mummy. Fj is just Sorin' with some animatronics. I only rode FJ twice since it opened and everyone mutually agreed to skip it on our last trip. I don't see all the hype :shrug:

The lack of understanding you have for the ride system and thematic depth astounds me.

ctxak98

.....In My opinion its not worth traveling for....I didnt mean every single person out there. I just dont think WWOHP is all that grand. And I love HARRY POTTER. The ride itself doesnt have enough to make it my favorite ride. I like it alot and ride it often so dont call me a hater but the detail is lacking in parts where you could push it more. The dementors look kind of fake and the spiders dont move...how can you call them animatronic? In a show like that you need everything to be outstanding. I know I am picking on small details but it matters to me.:)...just my 2 cents

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Is there a link to the announcement?[/QUOTE]

It was on the thier official Facebook page. They never showed a link. They just kept teasing that there would be a preview of it sometime today.

Well, I'm not exactly sure a potential sneak peek at some artwork or the like will exactly upstage Disney....

The fact that your extolling that you could (DOES ANYONE??) spend a WHOLE afternoon in Innoventions and The Seas and NOT JP, which has.....wait for it....River Adventure, Camp Jurassic, Discovery Center, and during peak times, Tric Encounter is LAUGHABLE. Really showng your bias. :shrug:

They were expressing an opinion. Bias comes into those on occasion....

Pioneer Hall

Is there a link to the announcement?[/QUOTE]

It was on the thier official Facebook page. They never showed a link. They just kept teasing that there would be a preview of it sometime today.

The Preview was just them hyping it, telling about new features, and announcing that they will soon announce when it will reopen. There is no actual riding being done and no in person previews.

HMButler79

Original Poster
Well, I'm not exactly sure a potential sneak peek at some artwork or the like will exactly upstage Disney....

They were expressing an opinion. Bias comes into those on occasion....

The "leak" on ThemeParkInsider on NYE for Potter Phase II did more to blow up discussion boards than Disney's mega overhyped non-announcement of One More Disney Day. NOONE was talking about riding HM at 3am, they were talking whether the Gringott's ride was real and what would be in Diagon Alley.

Frontierland CM

I know! All those high profits from increased ticket prices and room rates are TOTALLY helping us get new countries in Epcot and non-princess themed expreiences for MK! Man....Disney is makign SO much money ALL the AAs work on Splash and JC! :rolleyes:

Judging from your avatar pic you are a cast member. I would be extremely careful in the comments you make. People have been fired for less, I know from personal experience.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The "leak" on ThemeParkInsider on NYE for Potter Phase II did more to blow up discussion boards than Disney's mega overhyped non-announcement of One More Disney Day. NOONE was talking about riding HM at 3am, they were talking whether the Gringott's ride was real and what would be in Diagon Alley.

But we're not talking about the announcement on New Years Eve. We're talking about a mention on FB and Twitter of some "sneak peeks." Not exactly a full-blown presser.....

HMButler79

Original Poster
Judging from your avatar pic you are a cast member. I would be extremely careful in the comments you make. People have been fired for less, I know from personal experience.

Not anymore!! It was a great run, (ESPECIALLY the Mansion Re-Haunting hype), but am glad I was ummm....."let go". Too many horrendous Napoleon-like managers and CPs who do not know what they're doing! I could write a book, but I digress........

disney fan 13

ok... way to many people to reply to so I will make a few statements...

One, saying Disney is better because of attendance is like saying walmart is better then publix.

Second, to the poster who did not want to hear about UNI on a disney forum then STAY OF news and rumors, general discussion and THE UNI BOARD!!

third, Saying that you could do UNI in two days is somewhat based on you, I could get in two parks in one day so I could do everything I wanted in 2-3 days...

and saying Disney is better because of service is laughable... but I don't feel like wasting my time replying...

Megavolt

One, saying Disney is better because of attendance is like saying walmart is better then publix.

Second, to the poster who did not want to hear about UNI on a disney forum then STAY OF news and rumors, general discussion and THE UNI BOARD!!

third, Saying that you could do UNI in two days is somewhat based on you, I could get in two parks in one day so I could do everything I wanted in 2-3 days...

and saying Disney is better because of service is laughable... but I don't feel like wasting my time replying...

Ignorance is bliss!

You forgot that Disney hires from the same pool of people that Uni, BGT and SW does.

Amount of time spent at a particular park is a very subjective item. Sometimes, I can go and spend 1/2 of a day at MK in the course of 4 to 5 days and be completely satisfied with that. Other times, I want more time at MK. Universal is the same. Sometimes, I can spend days at Universal enjoying it because it does have the same level of detail as Disney. Other trips, I get tired of it after a day. Everything depends on your mood and attitude. If you go into a place looking for show buildings and unhappy employees, you will see them. If you go in thinking "This place is PERFECT!" chances are you won't see anything wrong with it. Like I said ignorance is bliss. If you have an open mind about things, you might be surprised what you find.

Frontierland CM

SO do you like Disney at all, or do you just like criticizing people who do?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Well, should Publix start selling clothing, maybe then we could have that comparison. Until then....

And I don't know about the first two, but I guess the third one should be avoided then.

It was his opinion, neither right or wrong.

And yet, you still did.....

Megavolt

You can love something, but not like the direction and current condition it is in. Calling a spade a spade can be showing love. Right now, Disney has let the product they are offering slip. They have raised prices, but decreased offerings at restaurants, decreased maintenance, quality of merchandise has decreased and they have let infrastructure falter. WDW used to put show first, but recently it seems like profit is getting more emphasis.

Imagineer Mitch

You can love something, but not like the direction and current condition it is in. Calling a spade a spade can be showing love. Right now, Disney has let the product they are offering slip. They have raised prices, but decreased offerings at restaurants, decreased maintenance, quality of merchandise has decreased and they have let infrastructure falter. WDW used to put show first, but recently it seems like profit is getting more emphasis.
Has anyone thought that maybe all of this "wasted" money or money that we don't know where it's going could all be going to Avatarland??? Think about all of the cuts recently, then Avatarland was announced. People seem to love Disney putting show and put their money in that pot but then criticize them for not building huge attractions. So who's to say this cutback won't make for a better tomorrow. Also maybe after Avatarland, Disney will focus on show first again... just my two cents.

disney fan 13

Ignorance is bliss!

You forgot that Disney hires from the same pool of people that Uni, BGT and SW does.

I actually meant that, ( should have described it after all) which is why I laughed when they said that WDW employees are better then UNI employees

Amount of time spent at a particular park is a very subjective item. Sometimes, I can go and spend 1/2 of a day at MK in the course of 4 to 5 days and be completely satisfied with that. Other times, I want more time at MK. Universal is the same. Sometimes, I can spend days at Universal enjoying it because it does have the same level of detail as Disney. Other trips, I get tired of it after a day. Everything depends on your mood and attitude. If you go into a place looking for show buildings and unhappy employees, you will see them. If you go in thinking "This place is PERFECT!" chances are you won't see anything wrong with it. Like I said ignorance is bliss. If you have an open mind about things, you might be surprised what you find.

Since I have been going to and enjoying disney about 2 times every year since I was two, you answer that question.

Well, should Publix start selling clothing, maybe then we could have that comparison. Until then....

that means you can't compare disney and Universal since Universal does not have a campground, golf courses ( wait a second...:lookaroun) and water parks

And I don't know about the first two, but I guess the third one should be avoided then.

It was his opinion, neither right or wrong.

And yet, you still did.....

I did avoid it since I said it was sort of his opinion

thank you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom