Opinions on Splash Mountain

wdwkid17

Original Poster
Now I must say that SM is one of the best rides at WDW. Recently, I think the ride nees some serious updates and rehab. The chracters don't go off on cue anymore, the squirting water rarely works, there is mold everywhere, and the paint is fading. I think a nice month rehab is much deserved! What do you think?

DDuckFan130

It's funny, because I am fortunate enough to go to WDW at least once or twice a year and I do not notice anything like this on the rides. I notice things like spilled popcorn on the floor or garbage on the floor around the parks. But things like that on the rides with faded paint I never notice :hammer: I guess I'm just trying to enjoy the experience of the ride with the people I'm with to notice things like that. Last time I was too busy poking fun at my cousin's boyfriend who was freaking out throughout the entire ride of Splash that whatever I didn't notice the water not working or characters not working. Still had fun though. However, I know a lot of you may lose out on the experience when there are maintenance problems so hey more power to you, to each his own. I guess it all depends on how each person takes in the experience. Don't know if what I said made sense so I apologize for my incessant rambling :lol:

Spectroman2003

For Your Future Enjoyment, You should know that Splash Moutain has gone and still going through extensive painting. The top of the moutain is almost done and it looks great. It looks a little orangy for my taste, but it looks better. They are slowly but surely rehabing the ride w/o closing it to the public. That's why sometimes it's been opening at 11:00 instead of when the park opens. They paint over night and the paint is still drying.

raven

Originally posted by wdwkid17
Now I must say that SM is one of the best rides at WDW. Recently, I think the ride nees some serious updates and rehab. The chracters don't go off on cue anymore, the squirting water rarely works, there is mold everywhere, and the paint is fading. I think a nice month rehab is much deserved! What do you think?

Squirting water? Maybe I've never noticed that one.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
They turned off or reduced the water cannon at the bottom of the drop to save water. The last time we were there the bridge no longer was getting soaked.

My view however is that its a big wet cheesy drop of fun.

TimeTrip

I've found that they turn on that water cannon on particularly hot days. So it might be working they next time you visit :)

Frontierland

I agree with everyone that Splash Mountain at the Magic Kingdom is not to be missed and is one of, if not the best attraction at the Walt Disney World Resort! The only problems that I have though are:

-The hopping Brer Rabbit never works
-I agree with Blake that the Briar Patch needs painted too
-That disgusting smell in the logs from the water (mildew)

I got a question, I heard somewhere (I think hiddenmickey.org) but I am not sure, that after you get "thrown" into the briar patch, that there is a sign under the bridge to your right I think....Well does anyone know what it says?

MouseMadness

Originally posted by Corrus
Possible Troll??

That, or this person's got some serious anger management issues! Threads about SM send him over the edge! Eminem, is that YOU???? :eek:

Splash Mountain is my favorite!! The new paint was lookin spiffy when I was there, but I agree that the Briar Patch needs a fresh coat as well. Probably on the agenda, I'd suppose. :animwink:

But yes, it is disappointing when the animatronics and water aren't working properly. Maybe not to somebody who's never ridden it before, but if you know what it is supposed to be doing and it's not, it's a little bit of a let down.

:wave:

Tim G

Originally posted by MouseMadness
That, or this person's got some serious anger management issues! Threads about SM send him over the edge! Eminem, is that YOU???? :eek:

Splash Mountain is my favorite!! The new paint was lookin spiffy when I was there, but I agree that the Briar Patch needs a fresh coat as well. Probably on the agenda, I'd suppose. :animwink:

But yes, it is disappointing when the animatronics and water aren't working properly. Maybe not to somebody who's never ridden it before, but if you know what it is supposed to be doing and it's not, it's a little bit of a let down.

:wave:
Sure, you could be right... but he acts Trollish, with "forking"on his first post...
First impressions are very important... and he failed for that one

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by Frontierland
I agree with everyone that Splash Mountain at the Magic Kingdom is not to be missed and is one of, if not the best attraction at the Walt Disney World Resort! The only problems that I have though are:

-The hopping Brer Rabbit never works
-I agree with Blake that the Briar Patch needs painted too
-That disgusting smell in the logs from the water (mildew)

I got a question, I heard somewhere (I think hiddenmickey.org) but I am not sure, that after you get "thrown" into the briar patch, that there is a sign under the bridge to your right I think....Well does anyone know what it says?

The hopping Brer Rabbit hasn't worked since, at least, last June. I agree - when you're a seasoned WDW veteran, you notice things like that, and they are disappointing.

I don't think they can fix the mildewey smell - well, permanently at least. The water is filtered to an extent, but it would smell like chlorine - and that would ruin the effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom