Operational issues at the People Mover - no longer walk on and one mess of a queue

Tom Morrow

People usually blame a line for being too long because it has FP.

And you're blaming this ride for lines being too long because it *doesn't* have FP?
Yes. I thought my post was pretty clear, but to reiterate, people are choosing to ride it now more than before because due to everything else being artificially inflated by Fastpass, a 20-ish minute wait for the Peoplemover is ideal when everything else is 50 minutes or more and their next Fastpass isn't valid yet.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Yes. I thought my post was pretty clear, but to reiterate, people are choosing to ride it now more than before because due to everything else being artificially inflated by Fastpass, a 20-ish minute wait for the Peoplemover is ideal when everything else is 50 minutes or more and their next Fastpass isn't valid yet.

Well, if that's the case everyone better quick run across the walkway and get in line for CoP.

Tom Morrow

Well, if that's the case everyone better quick run across the walkway and get in line for CoP.
I do believe CoP ridership has been up since Fastpass+ was implemented. However, Peoplemover is more popular for being an actual ride and everyone can see it throughout the land, with its loading station prominently situated in the center.

Last edited:

ELG13

We've actually never ridden this ride in all our trips. Any time we are over there its for buzz or space. I did astro orbiter once and thought i was going to plummet to my death, although the view was great. I told my husband we HAD to ride it in may so hopefully it will be sorted out then.

Emmaleighg728

This has been mentioned in several other threads, but what is going on at the People Mover? In recent months it nearly always has a queue, and it is a disorganized mess of a queue.

I have routinely had 20 minutes waits on relatively slow days. Cars are being dispatched empty, and if an actual stoppage takes place, wait times can be 30 mins.

There appears to be a policy of limiting guest numbers on the ramp, but that doesn't seem to fully explain the reduced capacity, as the queue at the top is nearly always full.
The thing though that I’ve noticed is that even if the wait says it’s 20 minutes, it really isn’t. I went back earlier this month and my mother and I rode this several times while only having to wait 5-10 minutes even though the wait time said 20-35 minutes. The line moves pretty fast, only thing slowing it down is the fact that you can only have a certain amount of people on the ramp.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Don't get me wrong. We love CoP, but I am sorely disappointed I wasn't there to see John's hand fall off. That would have been epic for the family's video files.

MickeyLuv'r

Last month we also experienced a much inflated Peoplemover posted wait time.

We noticed the Peoplemover wasn't running when we first got to Tomorrowland, and it was down for at least 30minutes.

Almost as soon as it reopened we went over to it, expecting to find an empty queue, but the area was full of people. It was a little hard to judge the wait, and the line actually looked like it may well be a 15minute wait.

I didn't time it exactly, but it didn't end up being anywhere near as long as was posted.

Phil12

The thing though that I’ve noticed is that even if the wait says it’s 20 minutes, it really isn’t. I went back earlier this month and my mother and I rode this several times while only having to wait 5-10 minutes even though the wait time said 20-35 minutes. The line moves pretty fast, only thing slowing it down is the fact that you can only have a certain amount of people on the ramp.
That's true with all of the attractions. They inflate the posted wait times because it gives guests a warm and fuzzy feeling "having to wait 5-10 minutes even though the wait time said 20-35 minutes". Disney loves to mess with your head.

mbuscemi23

My fiancée and I rode earlier in the day, and the ramp up broke down twice within the space of ten minutes. We were lucky to be able to ride up in between ramp issues

Last edited:

wishiwere@wdw

I was at the Magic Kingdom Sunday night (2/16/20) and the wait time at around 8:30pm was about 25 minutes. I did notice though that parts of the track were cracked where the magnets in the track are - some were more cracked than others which made me think - maybe it's time they give the peoplemover some love during the Tomorrowland refresh.
I’m assuming you are speaking to the area between the rails which is simply a plastic (maybe fiberglass?) cover? Unfortunately, it inevitably gets stepped on during evacuations (which are more frequent now) even though guests are told not to and cracks. Regardless, it’s still bad show just like the orange cones on the seats.

I do wonder if the reduced capacity, which also requires the cast to even more carefully evaluate grouping, causes the backup at the top. It should feed people quick enough to not cause the backup and then requiring the hold at the bottom. Oh well. Just thankful it’s still there :).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom