Opening WDW with Social Distancing

po1998

....Second, when they do open, many of the measures you scoff at are going to be in place. Bob Iger has already discussed some of them publicly. Yes, there will be temperature checks. Yes, there will be social distancing rules. Yes, there may be a requirement to wear masks. Yes, some attractions and shows may be cancelled because they can't meet those requirements.

You can say it's ridiculous all you want, but I am telling you reality. That is what's going to happen.
I’ll say it, and continue to say it, the things you mention are ridiculous. WDW is never reopening with all the restrictions you listed.

Storm

I’ll say it, and continue to say it, the things you mention are ridiculous. WDW is never reopening with all the restrictions you listed.
Then it will either stay closed and cost them even more money or it will be open as normal and be a health hazard and create thousands upon thousands of new cases by itself and Disney will end up with really bad press.

Tom P.

If Walt Disney World opens anytime in the next 6 months, it will have the kinds of restrictions I mentioned. Bob Iger has already said as much. If they don't do those restrictions, they won't open. Again, you can say it is ridiculous, but that is what's going to happen. Guaranteed.

Storm

If Walt Disney World opens anytime in the next 6 months, it will have the kinds of restrictions I mentioned. Bob Iger has already said as much. If they don't do those restrictions, they won't open. Again, you can say it is ridiculous, but that is what's going to happen. Guaranteed.
Exactly , I think some people are really not realistic thinking everything in WDW will open back up with no social distancing , no mask or anything of the sort , IF they did , it would create thousands of cases and would get WDW really bad press and it'll be a disaster. It WONT happen , it will be severely reduced , for both resorts and parks and will include distancing , a mask , and some temp checks at least. Maybe even a 15 min test for the virus

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
By defacto the park will have just as many people not wanting to go as wanting to go. That will help the crowds mitigate themselves to an extent.

If you limit guest spending too much and only let 20 percent of people in, you are going to operate at a loss.

I think this is the main hole in the “logic” to some gradual opening concept that’s being batted around in the fandom...

There is such a huge operational cost in wdw that the concept of “open to get SOME money” doesn’t work at all.

If they open...it’s with the intent of ramping up rather quickly. It won’t be limited numbers for 6 months or a year. The math doesn’t work. They can’t take more bleed in the parks division.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Then it will either stay closed and cost them even more money or it will be open as normal and be a health hazard and create thousands upon thousands of new cases by itself and Disney will end up with really bad press.
What’s strange is all of you could be “right” to a great degree.

Seanual757

It's funny how people think Disney not not re-open with restrictions what do you think the world is doing now. Again Disney is a business that is in desperate need of re-opening. Mark my words it will Re-Open behind the scenes on conference calls a plan is being finalized on how to re-open the resorts and parks. As long on the Stay at home in Florida is lifted on 4/30 (last day) and not extended 6/1 is the day. It will not be the same WDW we have come to know but it will be that best that Disney Management can do in these trying times but they will open it will not be to what we are used to but the new Norm in these times.

All of these can be put into place and setup at all of the parks w/in a week and train CM's w/in a week.

Remember we will NOT see 100% Capacity, 80% Capacity, 50 % Capacity, when Disney re-opens they (Disney) is expecting 20-30% of the guests will return w/ in the 1st 90-120 days_ they are planning on 3 years to re-turn to the crowd levels that they once had (unless a vaccine is available in less than 12 months and the economy and jobs return to full pre-covid levels w/in 18-24 months)

Face masks
line separation
capacity restrictions
Hand sanitizer stations
Hands free wash stations
CM cleaning behind guests
Temp checks through out the park
Temp checks at the resorts
Monitoring of guests travels through out the parks and resorts
Limited table service (seating)
Limited QS dining hall seating
ride capacity seating
line capacity
Boarding Groups
Transportation seating restrictions (more buses w/ less guests)

celluloid

It's funny how people think Disney not not re-open with restrictions what do you think the world is doing now. Again Disney is a business that is in desperate need of re-opening. Mark my words it will Re-Open behind the scenes on conference calls a plan is being finalized on how to re-open the resorts and parks. As long on the Stay at home in Florida is lifted on 4/30 (last day) and not extended 6/1 is the day. It will not be the same WDW we have come to know but it will be that best that Disney Management can do in these trying times but they will open it will not be to what we are used to but the new Norm in these times.

All of these can be put into place and setup at all of the parks w/in a week and train CM's w/in a week.

Remember we will NOT see 100% Capacity, 80% Capacity, 50 % Capacity, when Disney re-opens they (Disney) is expecting 20-30% of the guests will return w/ in the 1st 90-120 days_ they are planning on 3 years to re-turn to the crowd levels that they once had (unless a vaccine is available in less than 12 months and the economy and jobs return to full pre-covid levels w/in 18-24 months)

Face masks
line separation
capacity restrictions
Hand sanitizer stations
Hands free wash stations
ride capacity seating
line capacity
Boarding Groups

Not all of those will be happening.
And some not to the extremes you are thinking.
Think more along the lines of grocery stores. Theme parks will be doing things visible, but it will result in it either commonly not being enforced or being good enough to always be visible if you are looking for it.

Lilofan

Face masks
line separation
capacity restrictions
Hand sanitizer stations
Hands free wash stations
ride capacity seating
line capacity
Boarding Groups
Makes for entertaining reading for a fantasy scenario.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Face masks
line separation
capacity restrictions
Hand sanitizer stations
Hands free wash stations
ride capacity seating
line capacity
Boarding Groups
I believe you are oversimplifying what and how a recentering of a core business is gonna take.

In many ways, Disney has perhaps the biggest hurdles to reopen of anyone. Because of what they built and what people expect.
That’s true all over the world...but specifically in Orlando.
Think more along the lines of grocery stores. Theme parks will be doing things visible, but it will result in it either commonly not being enforced or being good enough to always be visible if you are looking for it.
I fear the same. The place is too expensive and that has always lead to a general lack of patience that grows out of the price.

For everybody that could take or leave anything and retreat back to a DVC room - like me - there are a multiples of people that have taken years to get there and have put so much pressure on Disney and THEMSELVES...that leads to behavior not conducive to the Covid world. Just people watch and you’ll see it manifested. Unnecessary rushes, shortcuts on bathroom breaks and food safety.

I know Disney will combat these things...but how much will be effective?

I said it weeks ago...this topic is the most fascinating topic in the history of Disney fan sites. The reopening...so many layers to this onion.

SteveAZee

I would think the parks will open once they figure out a way to keep people safe and to find a financial solution that creates less of a loss than staying closed. I wonder if they could find a price point ($300/day per person?) where the crowd size was small and allowed for safety but many rides could be open to make it worth more to the company than to stay closed.

Seanual757

The folks at Disney have been working on a plan since this crap started over in China. The opening is coming just posted this is how the ride queues for Shanghai Disney look (this is what we can expect to see in Florida and California) it's just the start. Folks you may not like it but it will happen. If you want to see the parks re-open this can and will happen they can convert all of the rides like this in about 14 days. If you do not like it don't go but this is the best way that they can do it and open up and start bringing in revenue.

IMG_0506.JPG
IMG_0505.JPG

Seanual757

I would think the parks will open once they figure out a way to keep people safe and to find a financial solution that creates less of a loss than staying closed. I wonder if they could find a price point ($300/day per person?) where the crowd size was small and allowed for safety but many rides could be open to make it worth more to the company than to stay closed.

Not going to happen far too many folks are out of work. Disney will lean on APH's as they did after 9/11 and the great recession to keep the parks as filled as they can. You price the parks at double or even triple the cost now you have lost 75% of your customer base and did more damage then you can imagine. Universal will be more than happy to take as many guests from Disney as they can...

I see steep discounts coming to even bring the hotels to 50% capacity for the next 12+ months.

Seanual757

Don't underestimate the Mouse wanting to stay open and keep guests as safely as they can and limit any liability that they can during that pandemic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom