Opening Dates.

jt04

No idea. I kinda suspect earlier, since it is standing in the way of some substantial construction, but that's just a hunch.

I am sure it is a tough decision as I imagine they don't want to lose even more capacity.

Also it seems both BatB and Mermaid are way ahead of Circus. Have you heard that track is already being installed in the mermaid attraction?

WDW_Emily

I am sure it is a tough decision as I imagine they don't want to lose even more capacity.

Also it seems both BatB and Mermaid are way ahead of Circus. Have you heard that track is already being installed in the mermaid attraction?

I don't know any inside detail but I feel like BatB and Mermaid seem farther along because we are seeing exterior work being done. However, A lot more is being done on these two things then on the circus. Like BatB still has rock work, and all the interior to be done. I think BatB and Mermaid are bigger projects then the circus area.

Side note, We are going in March 2012, any chances anything will be up?

BigThunderMatt

Assuming the rumors are true that the Dumbo attraction in Storybook Circus is going to contain 2 completely new spinners it shouldn't be too hard for them to get the attraction in place and simply remove the current Dumbo attraction a week to 2 weeks prior to Storybook opening so that the lack of the attraction doesn't cause too much of an impact.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There were also rumblings of buying two new spinners and keeping the original online until the switch over, rather than doing the move. I'm not sure what the current situation is.

Lee

Adventurer
Its gonna be a tricky thing to figure the timeline for.
Dumbo's current spot is right where the new castle walls will be, with the footpath into the FLE going right over Dumbo's area.
If they want to build those walls and path, Dumbo has to go first. Or, the walls and path could be added later, between the opening of the Circus and main FLE area.

PhilharMagician

Its gonna be a tricky thing to figure the timeline for.
Dumbo's current spot is right where the new castle walls will be, with the footpath into the FLE going right over Dumbo's area.
If they want to build those walls and path, Dumbo has to go first. Or, the walls and path could be added later, between the opening of the Circus and main FLE area.

Yeah, and they will have to start on the site prep for Mine train in the next few months and a portion of that work will push into the current paved area in FL. I would assume they want to get those wall going and use them as a partial divider between FL and FLE.

I was honestly expecting Dumbo to be removed shortly after the Christmas holiday season so that they would have time to do some maintenance and spiff it up before they reassembled it into it's new home. Let's seee if it gets removed after the Easter frenzy. :shrug:

Disneyfanman

Yeah but Dumbo is one of the most iconic attractions.......seen in commercials, brochures, etc. It's also one of the least complex. I would guess that they would get one in fairly quickly, and then close the current location. So for the guests it would close one day and open the next. I bet it's back scheduled that way. So the next thing we would see would be prep work in Circus Land for the one spinner. Since they just took down one tent, I think that specifically is starting now. They have until late May to do it. Then the new location will be open for the big summer crowds. If they miss that date, then they could wait for the fall, but they really need to open that area up for larger construction.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I think I saw recently pictures posted of work starting on the tent that will house the new dueling dumbo's queue, am I remembering that correctly?

I think (opinion) that out of all rides in the park, this one they will want to limit the downtime between old and new as much as possible. I guess it will all come down to if they ordered 2 new spinners or 1, and also how soon they need to start pushing back into current FL territory to complete the new FL. It just seems somehow like the most iconic ride they have, and they have a lot of iconic rides!

Since I have young kids, I'm going to do my best to have full details on when Dumbo will be down and when it will be open prior to booking my next trip. I know nothing can be set in stone and can be subject to change, etc, but I want to be fairly confident that we'll be able to ride Dumbo on our trip.

Lee

Adventurer
Then the new location will be open for the big summer crowds. If they miss that date, then they could wait for the fall, but they really need to open that area up for larger construction.

Not this year. The new Dumbo won't open until next year.

nicnic

I know no one has a crystal ball and cannot give precise dates but we are hoping to visit WDW in October 2012.
What does everyone think will be open?
I dont think I could wait any longer, we were last there Oct 2010 but have to miss this year as we have another addition to the family on the way!

jt04

I know no one has a crystal ball and cannot give precise dates but we are hoping to visit WDW in October 2012.
What does everyone think will be open?
I dont think I could wait any longer, we were last there Oct 2010 but have to miss this year as we have another addition to the family on the way!

I would guess everything currently under construction would definitely be open by then. Including SC and the new Dumbo. Other aspects of the FLE will just be getting started.

BTW, I am more convinced than ever that the new family mine coaster is a reaction to the rethemed family coaster at IoA but also and more importantly, the several family coasters that will be part of Legoland Florida when it opens in October.

The entire story about the FLE being too skewed to young girls was pure tea cup style spin IMO. But I guess they had to create some explanation for the changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom