Opening date for New Fantasyland announced

cbconglom

I remember hearing a month ago that the official construction schedule had them 90 days from completion roughly the last week of oct. I realize there can be delays, but I can see them being able to do some previews by early nov.

hi

Now the dates are released time to plan the next trip, was thinking of nov 4th - 18th but that is too early so looks like next year - 3 years since my last visit and been to long

My question is if i do come on my original november dates do u think i would see anything or be able to walk around the new area

Wish i could afford 2 visits but WDW is a long way from the uk!

Si

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
hi

Now the dates are released time to plan the next trip, was thinking of nov 4th - 18th but that is too early so looks like next year - 3 years since my last visit and been to long

My question is if i do come on my original november dates do u think i would see anything or be able to walk around the new area

Wish i could afford 2 visits but WDW is a long way from the uk!

Si
Anything before Nov 19 is going to be a gamble. More than likely, I would say you would get into some kind of soft opening prior to the 19th. But that is far from guaranteed, so I would not plan a trip around that possibility.

Joshua&CalebDad

This may have already been asked and answered, if so my sincerest apologies. Will the rest of Storybook Circus be incorporated into the preview dates or will that section of the Fantasyland Expansion start their preview dates closer to the grand opening?

We will be there November 24th through December 1st so we are hoping to catch everything if at all possible. Thanks.

nepalostparks

This may have already been asked and answered, if so my sincerest apologies. Will the rest of Storybook Circus be incorporated into the preview dates or will that section of the Fantasyland Expansion start their preview dates closer to the grand opening?

We will be there November 24th through December 1st so we are hoping to catch everything if at all possible. Thanks.

Officially there are no dates for the opening of the rest of Storybook Circus. I think @wdwmagic said earlier in the thread that it is expected to be opened by the time the other areas open in December.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Here you go Remainder of Storybook Circus to open in time for the grand opening of the new Fantasyland :)

HouCuseChickie

I'd just like to share in all of this what an IDIOT I am. :p OK-it's probably just euphoria over the news coupled with a few other factors (paid off the trip yesterday, hit double digits today, bday week, and then this news).;)

In any event, somehow I confused Nov 18th and Nov 19th :eek: (it happens- right?). I went on for several hours thinking the 19th was my ideal MK day for this to happen and just now 'perfect' this all was. It hit me around 10pm last night that my ideal day was Nov 18th and that we weren't even planning on being in MK after the 18th. Ok, so thankfully we're there through the 21st, but I wound up spending about 5 hrs redoing some park days and ADRs...MANY ADRs-- to try and make it all work again and work with this fabulous news. The good news- I think I've made it work and I think it works well if I'm a lucky girl and get an ADR for BoG (and it works well even if I don't)...but man! I guess at least I love messing around w/ADRs. :D

Alan Forrest

Pardon me if this has already been covered, but does anyone have information on Annual Pass holder previews for the Fantasyland expansion? I've read several general references but nothing specific.

nepalostparks

Pardon me if this has already been covered, but does anyone have information on Annual Pass holder previews for the Fantasyland expansion? I've read several general references but nothing specific.

Disney has announced they will hold AP previews, but have not announced when. There was an update to your Passholder account page (on Disney's website) that says details will be announced via email and on the passholder page soon.

Alan Forrest

Thanks very much for the help. I just logged in and read the article you referenced. We became Annual Passholders back in May and are just getting into the swing of the benefits, etc. We have trips planned for late October and early December, so we'll just make the grand opening on the latter trip. I'm curious as to whether or not Disney will allow any previews in late October. It seems a little early, but it would be awesome if we could get in to check things out.

cba

God, we've been waiting just to find out when the FLE will come out. FINALLY! Now the worse part, waiting for it to open. :confused:

ExtinctJenn

Is there a contest to see how many different threads we can have on topics like FLE and Avatarland? LOL! Kidding kidding... :D

Us... we purposely didn't schedule a 2012 visit because we knew not to expect anything to be done until at least late 2012/early 2013. Now that I see it's happening in December (officially) I feel good about that decision. For a brief second we considered pushing it off another year until the mine train was also open so we could have a completely "wall free" Fantasyland experience but then realized that the chances of that are slim. Even after the FLE is done, SOMETHING will be walled up no matter when we go I'm sure! LOL

EDIT: Ok I love that we're combining threads but my GOD it's confusing when it happens! LOL

HouCuseChickie

Question...

We know the preview starts on Nov 19th and everyone has been saying that reservations will be opening up to guests for the preview time for BoG. The Disney Parks Blog notes that "We’ll begin accepting reservations for Be Our Guest in late August for guests who wish to dine after Nov. 19."

Do you think this was just a poor choice of wording and it's intended to mean "on or after Nov 19" OR do you think it means that ADRs won't be offered until Nov 20th and that it will either be all walks ups on the 19th?

Tom

Beta Return
Question...

We know the preview starts on Nov 19th and everyone has been saying that reservations will be opening up to guests for the preview time for BoG. The Disney Parks Blog notes that "We’ll begin accepting reservations for Be Our Guest in late August for guests who wish to dine after Nov. 19."

Do you think this was just a poor choice of wording and it's intended to mean "on or after Nov 19" OR do you think it means that ADRs won't be offered until Nov 20th and that it will either be all walks ups on the 19th?

I didn't see that actual post on the Parks Blog, but if that's what it said, it sounds to me like they'll start taking reservations later this month for ADR times starting on or after Nov 19. That's promising.

HouCuseChickie

I didn't see that actual post on the Parks Blog, but if that's what it said, it sounds to me like they'll start taking reservations later this month for ADR times starting on or after Nov 19. That's promising.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...gic-kingdom-park-at-walt-disney-world-resort/
It was in Jennifer Fickley-Baker's reply to post #7. The "after" just strikes me as odd since the preview starts on the 19th. Oh well...I guess I'll just have to be patient ;) and wait for official clarification.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom