News Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party coming to DCA

Touchdown

Halloween Screams is my favorite DL firework show, I would be really thrilled for a chance to see it 3 nights this fall. The scene with Malnificent and the thorns on fire are just pure perfection. I also do love the Jack balloon and how it interacts with the castle projections and fireworks. Glad to see it continuing.

Curious Constance

This was on the Disney Auditions page:

DescenDance Party! – is part of Oogie Boogie Bash, a Disney Halloween Event at Disney's California Adventure. This pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land is inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from Disney Channel. As the DescenDance begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from the “Descendants” movies.

Disney Parks Talent Casting is holding an Open Call for Hip Hop Dancers to perform in "DescenDance". Rehearsals begin August 2019, the event runs 20 nights in September and October of 2019.

Looking for Male and Female dancers of any ethnicity; to play Auradon Prep students ages 15-18. Dancers should have high energy, strong improv skills and excellent technique. Must be comfortable interacting with guests.
Just applied. I couldn’t be more perfect for this role.

Phroobar

Oh crap. There is another Descendants movie coming on the Disney channel in August. I guess they have to give Dove Cameron something to do. Are they going to CG in Cameron Boyce since he died earlier this month?

Disney Analyst

Our lucky Dusty Sage got to preview World of Color: Villainous and felt that it is the long wanted evolution of the fountain show, trading unconnected clips for an actual storyline. And while this version of the show may be a bit scary at times, it also uplifts and ends on an emotional high. The version of the show we experienced was just a test and will likely still be edited and changed. But we found the show to be hauntingly beautiful. It’s certainly going to be the highlight of Halloween for many guests, though ONLY available on Oogie Boogie party nights. We look forward to sharing a full review once the final version of Villainous has been released.

DanielBB8

Less than 2 months away. Seems like lots to do and not enough time. I just hope I don't have to reserve a space for World of Color or the parade. I don't want to waste time.

Touchdown

I hope there is two WOC shows, two parades. That way I everyone will be able to see the entertainment. Also, people like me will be able to watch WOC twice.

Ismael Flores

I really hope that the moving of the party gives them a chance to start rethinking and updating the Disneyland park decor. Seems like the last few years the decor for Halloween has looked old and dated. I am sure they can come up with newer and more creative decor than just hundreds of plastic pumpkins. Other resorts worldwide seem to have a more creative aspect for their decor and TDA should realized that.

I am also hoping that eventually they get some hints from Hong Kong Halloween events and continue to add more elements to DCA. The mazes they do there could work nicely in DCA and there are a few areas where they can add them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom