Online Check-in Service

DisneyJunkie

Ok, I just finished doing the online check-in from the Disney site to prepare for our vacation (beginning on 9/26). What I'd like to know is whether or not this actually does anything as far as speed up the process of checking in once you get to your resort. Has anyone else done this and what was your experience when you got to your resort?

Disneyfalcon

Ok, I just finished doing the online check-in from the Disney site to prepare for our vacation (beginning on 9/26). What I'd like to know is whether or not this actually does anything as far as speed up the process of checking in once you get to your resort. Has anyone else done this and what was your experience when you got to your resort?

It definitely sped it up for us. We've used it twice, and each time the regular line had several people in it, and the online check in line was empty.:)

Upvote 0

brent2124

Im using it for the 3rd time next thursday and cant wait! It definately speeds up the process. Everything is ready and waiting for you to arrive, it took less than 5 minutes for the entire process both times.

Upvote 0

coltow

LOVED IT! When we arrived at Pop there were a few people in check in line, ZERO in online line. I walked straight up told them my last name and handed them my ID. CM got my packet and asked me if I had a car. When I said no she took out parking pass. She then handed me my packet and gave me a resort map and quick directions to my room. It took less than 3 minutes. 5 minutes after getting off ME bus we were in food court.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

It did the opposite for me. It SLOWED ME DOWN.

When I arrived at the AKL, there was one CM at the online check in spot. He was occupied with a guest who was asking every question under the sun. I stood in line and waited while I watched people walk up to the 3 CM's manning the "regular" check in desks. Finaly I gave up and got in the "regular" line. When I got to the CM, he said "Oh, you did on line check in - your package is over there" pointing down to the far end of the counter (where the woman was still talking to the CM). He then walked over and got my package and gave me my keys. When I left the counter, the "Express" CM was still occupied with the guest.

Quite frankly, it is luck of the draw who you get in front of you. The "regular" process has never taken me more than 3 or 4 minutes once I get to a CM.

-dave

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It did the opposite for me. It SLOWED ME DOWN.

When I arrived at the AKL, there was one CM at the online check in spot. He was occupied with a guest who was asking every question under the sun. I stood in line and waited while I watched people walk up to the 3 CM's manning the "regular" check in desks. Finaly I gave up and got in the "regular" line. When I got to the CM, he said "Oh, you did on line check in - your package is over there" pointing down to the far end of the counter (where the woman was still talking to the CM). He then walked over and got my package and gave me my keys. When I left the counter, the "Express" CM was still occupied with the guest.

Quite frankly, it is luck of the draw who you get in front of you. The "regular" process has never taken me more than 3 or 4 minutes once I get to a CM.

-dave
Seems like I get behind that same guy at every parking booth on property.:lol:

Just did my online check in last night. We shall see in a few days if it helps. I am hoping that it will because it always seems like I am in such a rush to get there, get checked in, and get to the parks on that first day.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
if you have certain room requests, do you do this at online check-in or do you still have to call?
There is a spot to add a request at on line check in but you should always put any room requests on your reservation as soon as you make it. Requests are granted in order of medical need followed by when they were made. The sooner you make them the better chance you have of them being honored.

Upvote 0

pegsina

I had an experience similar to phonedave's. There were 3-4 people manning regular checkin and NO ONE doing express. People who got in regular line before me had come and gone before someone decided to help us. :-(

That said, one we got someone it was really fast and all none of our special requests had been lost!

Upvote 0
That's a good point. We've got three families traveling together. In our original reservations, we requested rooms together and I know they can't promise that. But if we do on-line check-in and get there and find out our rooms aren't together, can the CM at on-line check-in do anything about checking if any rooms are available for our request? Or is everything set in stone by that time?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience? :veryconfu

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

That's a good point. We've got three families traveling together. In our original reservations, we requested rooms together and I know they can't promise that. But if we do on-line check-in and get there and find out our rooms aren't together, can the CM at on-line check-in do anything about checking if any rooms are available for our request? Or is everything set in stone by that time?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience? :veryconfu

Several of my friends have returned lately after having done online check in and asked for a room change and were told no, that since they did online check in, it would not be possible. I wouldn't do it.

Upvote 0

timeman

Several of my friends have returned lately after having done online check in and asked for a room change and were told no, that since they did online check in, it would not be possible. I wouldn't do it.

I have trouble believing that because I had the complete opposite experience. I used online check in back in April and when I got there they had put me in a different building then I had requested. The CM got on the phone and within a couple of minutes she had me in the building I had requested. Your friends were probably told no, because they may not have had rooms available for the section they may have wanted to change to and not because they did online check in. They probably would have gotten the same answer in the normal check in line.

Upvote 0
I have trouble believing that because I had the complete opposite experience. I used online check in back in April and when I got there they had put me in a different building then I had requested. The CM got on the phone and within a couple of minutes she had me in the building I had requested. Your friends were probably told no, because they may not have had rooms available for the section they may have wanted to change to and not because they did online check in. They probably would have gotten the same answer in the normal check in line.

Thank you for telling me your experiences, timeman and missingdisney. My 10 day mark is this Wednesday and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to use on-line check-in or not. My biggest request is to have all 3 rooms together because the kids all want to be near each other. O well, what ever happens will happen.

Has anyone else had a good or bad experience with on-line check-in and not getting their request and getting it changed once they got there?

Upvote 0

nikkie876

Grand Gathering

Thank you for telling me your experiences, timeman and missingdisney. My 10 day mark is this Wednesday and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to use on-line check-in or not. My biggest request is to have all 3 rooms together because the kids all want to be near each other. O well, what ever happens will happen.

Has anyone else had a good or bad experience with on-line check-in and not getting their request and getting it changed once they got there?

How many people are going? If it is 8 or more you can call and request a Grand Gathering and they will 'try' to put everyone close. When we went in May I didn't realize we had a Grand Gathering and I called for my request for our rooms to be near each other. They were SO nice and tranferred me to the Grand Gathering's CM's and they notated the system and gave me a Grand Gathering's number. I was worried, but they did get us 3 adjoining rooms!!! Just call, again they will emphasize nothing is guaranteed but as I tell my kids it never hurts to ask. Have fun!!!!

Upvote 0

I'm sure a lot of people will give me flak for this, but if I had very specific requests like you're making, I would definitely call the resort 4 days before your scheduled arrival and ask to speak to the "Room Assigner". We've done this in the past -- when we've wanted room #1312 (I think that's the number) at the Beach Club Resort, and every time have gotten our exact request. We've also done this at the CBR when we've had family traveling together and it's worked like a charm.

HTH

Judy

Upvote 0
We used online check in service for our vacation the last week of August. We had "2" reservations: 1 for the 1st night (in a studio at the BWV) and a 2nd for the remainder of our vacation (for a 1-bdr still at the BWV). I will say that it seemed to speed things up a bit, so that was good. Never before has our room been ready at check in (around noon), but who knows, that could have been a fluke.

We had to check in again the following morning and the CM suggested we get there as early as possible so hopefully our room could be ready so we could just move over there -- and it was. When I went to check in, though, there was a very large group in front of me, so a manager or another CM (not in costume) came out to me in line asking to help. She started my check in process for me, and then handed me off to another CM.

Each time, the process took less than 5 minutes, so I'd say it was worth it.

On a side note, I don't recall any space on the online check in form that would allow you to make a specific request (but I could be forgetting that, too). I remember that "specific requests" were only whether you wanted a fridge or needed an accessible room (again, I could be wrong on that one). :veryconfu

HTH

Judy

Upvote 0

bears163

i am at 10 days & not sure i want to use the online check in. i went through the steps but when it came to room requests i could not add anything. we are staying at AKV & i want to make sure we get a room close to the bus stop cause we have 4 small children.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
i am at 10 days & not sure i want to use the online check in. i went through the steps but when it came to room requests i could not add anything. we are staying at AKV & i want to make sure we get a room close to the bus stop cause we have 4 small children.
You can still do online check in but you will need to call and add your room requests to your reservations first.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom