One Sentence: Platinum Edition - A 20th Anniversary Special

FigmentPigments

Prompt 3 REDUX
50 Light Years! - Season 2 Episode 1

View attachment 562334

When the One Sentence Competition came back after a long hiatus the first challenge was to create a new float for the Main Street Electrical Parade's 45th anniversary while only using films from the modern era. Once more we circle back to this prompt with the the twist that this is for the parade's 50th anniversary in 2022, next year! In this scenario Main Street Electrical Parade can debut anywhere so don't let location limit you! HOWEVER you can only choose a Disney property created in 2010 or after.

-Challenge-
Design a new float for the Main Street Electrical Parade, HOWEVER it must be based on a Disney property created in 2010 and onwards.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Wednesday, June 9th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!
Big Hero Lights
Big-Hero.jpg

Premiering for Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade: Dreamlights, the Big Hero 6 float is proceeded by Go-Go (live actor on roller skates) racing around human-sized towers of micro-bots (actors in costumes) who swipe at her, and attack when a stalking Yokai (live actor) shouts: "This ends now!"

The actual float is an oversized illuminated Baymax in battle gear with Hiro (live actor) riding on his back who shouts instructions up to Honey Lemon riding a top a coloring changing mound of foam, over to Wasabi whose blades crackle with lights (resembling electricity), and to Fred who breathes fire intermittingly while spinning light up signs.

Evilgidgit

AHTOHOLLAN: RIVER OF MEMORIES
IMG_4778-945484945-1575412158796-740x385.jpg
Where the north wind meets the sea, there's a river full of memories, Ahtohollan, brought to life through a thousand twinkling lights like frozen fractals; led by the Northuldran tribes, the mighty glacier has moments from the Frozen films projected on its slopes, as Elsa rides the Nokk at the front of the float, whilst Anna and Olaf play further back with Gale and Bruni, whilst one of the earth giants snoozes in a pile of snow behind the glacier.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Rapunzel’s Floating Lanterns Float

70603125-6FFD-44C6-94BA-6993CE6ACAD8.jpeg

Recreating one of the most majestic and emotional scenes Disney has ever produced, this float features Rapunzel and Flynn, surrounded by flowers, in a rowing boat that is actually floating on water! Dozens of lanterns float along with the pair, attached to the float via wires which allow the lanterns to gently change altitude while the float is in motion. The accompanying song is of course, “I See The Light.”

tcool123

Original Poster
I don't think @tcool123 would mind, seeing mine was also Tangled-themed as well.
I wouldn’t mind at all! You can still use Tangleds maybe this could spur a different approach to a Tangled float too!

Sidenote: Always back up what you write, had been working in reviews for mañana and lost them all so gotta redo them all again 🤪🥳🎉☠️

Arktic

Prompt 3 REDUX
50 Light Years! - Season 2 Episode 1

View attachment 562334

When the One Sentence Competition came back after a long hiatus the first challenge was to create a new float for the Main Street Electrical Parade's 45th anniversary while only using films from the modern era. Once more we circle back to this prompt with the the twist that this is for the parade's 50th anniversary in 2022, next year! In this scenario Main Street Electrical Parade can debut anywhere so don't let location limit you! HOWEVER you can only choose a Disney property created in 2010 or after.

-Challenge-
Design a new float for the Main Street Electrical Parade, HOWEVER it must be based on a Disney property created in 2010 and onwards.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Wednesday, June 9th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

(Does TRON: Legacy count as a seperate franchise from the original TRON, or must I have this connect to the reboot/Tron: Ares?)

TRON Cyberscape
Tron_Legacy_poster.jpg

Coinciding with the upcoming TRON Lightcycle Run coaster in Tomorrowland, the digital world of TRON: Legacy makes its way to the Main Street Electrical Parade; with two Light Cycles riding past (one blue, one orange), with a main float, shaped like a large structure from the movie with Sam, Quorra, Tron & new character Ares on it as Daft Punk's "The Grid" plays.​

tcool123

Original Poster
Actually it was made for Who Framed Roger Rabbit's 30th anniversary in 2018.
The challenge was to use a property CREATED 2010 or later. Roger Rabbit debuted in the 1980’s. In fact, if I’m not mistaken, all of the projects you pitched this round wont qualify for points as all of the properties you used were created prior to 2010 or are currently over the 2 sentence maximum. Even if I like the ideas, some are great, it wouldn’t be fair to the rest of the players to give you a point for the round given that part of the challenge was specifically about choosing a property created in 2010 or onward.

(Does TRON: Legacy count as a seperate franchise from the original TRON, or must I have this connect to the reboot/Tron: Ares?)

TRON Cyberscape
Tron_Legacy_poster.jpg

Coinciding with the upcoming TRON Lightcycle Run coaster in Tomorrowland, the digital world of TRON: Legacy makes its way to the Main Street Electrical Parade; with two Light Cycles riding past (one blue, one orange), with a main float, shaped like a large structure from the movie with Sam, Quorra, Tron & new character Ares on it as Daft Punk's "The Grid" plays.​
I actually love this as a concept but yup given these are all Tron which has its roots in the 80’s it wouldn’t qualify for points. However it is an extremely neat idea!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
MARY POPPINS RETURNS:

1623279586934.png

This float was added in 2018 due to Mary Poppins Returns release for Main Street Electric Parade, As the first float is Mary Poppins and Jack dancing with the penguins as other animals dancing into the lights of Broadway as Wolf and his minions trying using fireworks to destroy Mary Poppins's career show. Second float will be lamplighters dancing up to light as lights will glowing bright and sparkle each lamps as the two children, John and Annabel to as they enjoying flying their colorful balloons to fly over the parade. Medley will be Trip a Little Light Fantastic / Nowhere to Go But Up / A Cover is Not the Book.

Last edited:

D Hulk

DAY AND NIGHT COME TO LIGHT
dn_head.jpg

Pixar’s delightful short film makes an unexpected return in the Main Street Electrical Parade, as anthropomorphic representations of Day and Night dance arm-in-arm, spinning around a darkened float base. Shifting & changing colors in their bodies (a technique pioneered by Genie in Tokyo’s Electrical Parade) light up the parade route, with crowd-pleasing highlights including Day’s rainbows and Night’s fireworks!​

Arktic

dn_head.jpg

Pixar’s delightful short film makes an unexpected return in the Main Street Electrical Parade, as anthropomorphic representations of Day and Night dance arm-in-arm, spinning around a darkened float base. Shifting & changing colors in their bodies (a technique pioneered by Genie in Tokyo’s Electrical Parade) light up the parade route, with crowd-pleasing highlights including Day’s rainbows and Night’s fireworks!​
I remember this short. I think I saw it on the Toy Story 2 DVD (I don't have a Blu-Ray player)

tcool123

Original Poster
@DisneyFan32 Reviews

Just as a quick reminder for this round as of writing these reviews all of these projects will NOT count for any points this round due to all submissions being based on properties created prior to 2010 OR having more than 2 sentences. To keep things fair for everyone the decision to award 0 points this round was taken, but given the work put into this the reviews will continue.
Who Framed Roger Rabbit:
View attachment 562348
Debut in 2018 for Who Framed Roger Rabbit's 30th anniversary, Roger Rabbit & Eddie Valiant driving Benny the Cab (with his back trunk, it has letter sign and it says "Hooray for Hollywood!" around the Main Street USA as Benny spins around alot along with Jessica's float: Toontown as dancing trees, bouncy toon buildings, toon sun flies around the float and Jessica Rabbit was chasing after Baby Herman with his photo camera with with ACME gag products such as TNTs, anvils, etc.... At the end of float is Dip Machine with Judge Doom spraying green smoke at the guests. Medley theme is Smile Darn Ya Smile / Eddie Valiant's Theme / Maroon Cartoons Theme.
Starting with the negative even if the property was created post 2010, at least three sentences were used going over the max of TWO. With that said this is a very creative float that has plenty of colorful and vibrant elements that would make it a great addition to any night parade. The handling of the Dip Machine as lit up smoke is a great path to take, and adds to the colorful immersion of the parade float.

MICKEY & MINNIE'S ROYAL WEDDING
View attachment 562392
After 93 years since Mickey and Minnie were dating alot, Mickey and Minnie (wearing sparkle dresses) are getting married as other Mickey's friends, Goofy and Donald are Mickey's best men, Daisy and Clarabelle will be Minnie's bridemaids, Pluto being a ring helper, the minster will be Horace Horsecollar, as the flower girl will be Webby with her rainbow light dress as she throws her flowers to the guests, a giant wedding cake float with sparkle lights, Donald's nephews: Huey, Louie and Dewey are playing lighting music organ for the music. As the finale float will be perfect for end the parade. After Mickey & Minnie got married, the fireworks will shoot out the skies for great celebration finale float!
Starting with the negative even if the property was created post 2010, at least three sentences were used going over the max of TWO. I honestly think this concept could work as a whole parade, but it still works as a grand finale to the old Main Street Electrical Parade. The inclusion of Webby and Donald's nephews while neat seemed odd given their limited relationship to the Mouses where as Oswald, Ortensia, Clara Cluck, Chip and Dale have established relationships with the Mouses. With that said I think this would be a great finale, and is one I much prefer over the Salute to America in the most recent version of the Main Street Electrical Parade.

THE MUPPET ELECTRIC-AMAZING-REALLY REALLY FLOAT PARADE
(JUST KIDDING THE MUPPET SHOW)
View attachment 562394
The Muppets are going crazy for their nighttime float as Kermit plays his colorful banjo, Miss Piggy sitting on pretty rainbow lights,
Gonzo will blast off from the bazar cannon by the penguins, Fozzie telling the guest for his bad jokes as Statler and Waldorf are laughing at him, Walter was whistling over the electric lights of the stars, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew use electric lights to blow Beaker out of the skies, as the Electric Mayhem Band plays electric power song as the lights goes crazy as Crazy Harry will set on fireworks out of the skies as Rowlf the Dog plays his electric piano player. Medley songs are The Muppet Show Theme / Rainbow Connection / Mahna Mahna.
I think an issue with this float as that it may be too crammed, and may work better as its own parade as these each seem like individual floats rather than one whole cohesive float. With that said each element sounds like a clever interpretation of each character, tailor made for a nighttime parade.

STAR WARS: LIGHTSABER BATTLE
View attachment 562399

During Star Wars: Return of the Jedi's 30th anniversary in 2013, a new float is Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader are fighting each other for their lightsabers at the Death Star float as Emperor Palpatine watches them if Darth Vader wins then Luke has to join the Dark side but he refuses as he finishing up to battle Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker jumps over Darth Vader as he got zapped by his son, Luke as Emperor tells him to finish him, but Luke refuses as Emperor Palpatine electrics him as Darth Vader carries the Emperor to throw him into the floors as blue lighting effect as the Emperor was defeated, the medley music will be Star Wars Theme / Imperial March Theme / Yoda's Theme.
Honestly not sure about this one as a float? I think an issue with Star Wars in general is translating it into a well thought out parade float. While well thought out and depicting an iconic moment from the franchise it seems a bit hard to replicate and do well while on a parade float.

MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS:
View attachment 562462
In 2019 during promotion for Avengers: Endgame released for the theaters, Join the Avengers as Iron Man flies over the parade as Black Widow fighting Thanos's minions as Captain America, Falcon, War Machine and Spider-Man fights Thanos with Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Ant-Man, and Thor, as Hawkeye and Hulk swings around bad guys into the ground. Captain Marvel flies around to say hi to the guests at but Deadpool was behind at end of the float as he shooting purple smoke from his gun. Medley music is Avengers Theme / Spider-Man Theme / Guardians of the Galaxy Theme.
To start off this went over the two sentence limit. This has the same issue as the Star Wars float, but it now comes with extra issues. For future challenges I think a good challenge for you would be to hone in on grammatical errors as they were abound in this proposal. The next issue is how are the characters flying over the parade? How would this all cohesively work together as a parade versus a show? It's not a bad concept but it doesn't necessarily work as a parade float perhaps it is better suited for an indoor stage show? You would be able to get away with characters flying around inside alongside the amount of characters and fights you have written about.

DISNEY'S MICKEY MOUSE (2013)
View attachment 562469
Mickey and Minnie are driving their car down into the streets of Main Street USA as they singing "Nothin' Can Stopping Us Now" as Pluto behind the car's trunk along with Goofy driving his stream train (with many sparkle lights) with passengers as Donald, Daisy, Horace, and Clarabelle. As final float will have Peg Leg Pete was driving his modern car and waving at the guests. Medley music was Mickey Mouse Club March Theme / Mickey Mouse (2013) Theme / Goofy's Theme / Donald's Theme
Although this is based off the 2013 interpretation of Mickey Mouse this would still not qualify as it is a property that was founded in 1928 not 2010 or after. With that said I think this would be a really cute parade unit perfect for any parade. Again the grammar in this project makes it a bit confusing to read at points.

THE INK AND PAINT CLUB (WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT):
View attachment 562504
Jessica Rabbit sings her song "Why Don't You Do Right?" as the real jazz players playing their saxophones, violins, etc to beat the music for the float glowing into the lights of Hollywood like 1940s, even the penguin waiters holding the drinks as Bongo the Gorilla walks around to make sure men not harass Jessica's act. Roger Rabbit can been seen playing his piano in his float.
Conceptually I think this would be a fun idea for a float! However again Who Framed Roger Rabbit is from the 1980's not 2010 or after. Another apparent issue in this project is the grammar for example with Bongo what men? The jazz players? The audience? What are the penguin waiter doing besides holding the drinks? Are they walking ahead of the float? I think for future reference perhaps reread your proposals prior to submitting so they are not only easier to read, but also easier to follow!

MARY POPPINS RETURNS:

View attachment 562956
This float was added in 2018 due to Mary Poppins Returns release for Main Street Electric Parade, As the first float is Mary Poppins and Jack dancing with the penguins as other animals dancing into the lights of Broadway as Wolf and his minions trying using fireworks to destroy Mary Poppins's career show. Second float will be lamplighters dancing up to light as lights will glowing bright and sparkle each lamps as the two children, John and Annabel to as they enjoying flying their colorful balloons to fly over the parade. Medley will be Trip a Little Light Fantastic / Nowhere to Go But Up / A Cover is Not the Book.
Mary Poppins Returns is an AMAZING choice for a night parade, but as previously mentioned the property itself wasn't created prior to 2010 rather it's a sequel to the 1964 classic Mary Poppins. I think this project is the greatest victim of improper grammar, and it really hurts this concept. Why are they in Broadway? What is Mary's career show? If this is based on Returns shouldn't Georgie be with his siblings? I think this needs more paragraphs and explanation than the One Sentence Competition could provide for this idea.

The rest of the reviews will be out soon everyone!

tcool123

Original Poster
Reviews
Moana Float:View attachment 562342
To celebrate the popularity of this film, there is a new Moana float featuring Moana and her boat detailing the events of the film. It is a great way to attract younger audiences into a parade with floats from mostly older films.

If there's any float to bring from Magic Happens into a night parade it is 100% the Moana float! It looks way better in the dusk performances of Magic Happens really allowing for the water aspects to look great! I agree that Moana is more recognizable than some of the other films such as Pete's Dragon. Overall a really solid and logical pick!

Soul_full-feature-scaled.jpg

Pixar's Soul
Joe (who's face is animated through rear projection and black sweater equipped with twinkling LED lights) sits at a grand piano at the front of the float, his back to guests. As he speaks encouragingly to himself and intently plays some soulful jazz, a massive wave of blue, pink, and green lights flow out of the back of the piano, transitioning into the rolling hills of The Great Before, populated by a pair of (neon) Jerrys and a 22 figure (again, her face animated through rear projections) who speaks to guests as the float passes by.​
Soul seems to be a huge hit amongst guests! There is a continual merchandising push for the film with new t-shirts being released a few weeks/months ago inspired by the film, and it seems like they're selling well as I've seen a few guests wearing them around. The float starts off small and simple with Joe and the piano however it acts as a clever and magical segue into The Great Before. This part of Soul was tailor made for a night parade with its vibrant colors, otherworldly atmosphere, and interesting characters.

Wreck-It Ralph
View attachment 562349
The apartment building in Fix-It Felix Jr. is aglow with pixel-shaped lights, Ralph standing on top and Felix hard at work fixing any lights that might flicker or go out. On the back of the float, Sugar Rush's chocolatey peaks and frosting-covered valleys light up as little candy carts race around the float.
The interactivity between Ralph and Felix on the apartment building is a fun one while interpreting the basics of the Fix-It Felix Jr arcade game perfectly into night parade form. I'm not sure how Sugar Rush and the apartment will mesh together on one float as they're vastly different aesthetics. However on its own the world of Sugar Rush is great for a parade float given its vibrant colors, unique shape, and fun shapes. The mini carts racing around are a nice touch!

Try Zootopia

zootopia.jpg

Take a night-time trip to the city of Zootopia, as Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps stand on a float modeled after the city's iconic streets lit up by lights, while dancers in tiger-print attire perform along to pop star Gazelle's hit single "Try Anything".
The concert scene from Zootopia is perfect for any nighttime entertainment offering with its loud colors, vibrant music, and energetic characters. The interpretation of Gazelle's dancers into nontigers was well handled helping make this more realistic in our world given it is much harder to dance in a full blown costume.

The Land Of The Dead
View attachment 562360
This Colorful Float Illuminates The Land Of The Dead From Coco & Showcases Hector, Miguel, & His Colorful Spirit Dog I Forget The Name Of, With Festive Music Being Played From This Float.
"His Colorful Spirit Dog I Forget The Name Of", Dante ;) If Magic Happens taught us anything is that Coco would make for a great parade float! Many scenes from Coco are perfect for a night parade with the glow of the marigolds, the Land of the Dead, or even the various parties seen throughout the film. The Land of the Dead would work great under a blacklight given the glowing aspect of the alebrijes which are alone enough to excite and entice anybody to a Coco float!

Rapunzel's Floating Dreamlights
tangled-flynn-and-rapunzel.png

A wave-like formation of floating lanterns of all shapes, sizes, and colors that periodically bob up and down serves as the background for Rapunzel and Flynn Rider riding their boat, in this recreation of the iconic lantern release scene from the 2010 Walt Disney Animation Studios film, Tangled. Accompanied by several Corona townsfolk walking on foot holding up lantern mobiles, the two lovers sing "I See the Light" amidst a spectacular display of light and magic and would even periodically "release" two lanterns into the air, similar to how the scene plays out in the film!​
The first of a couple Tangled pitches this round! The lantern scene is a no brainer for a Tangled nighttime float. The variation in the variety of lantern shapes, colors, and sizes aid in helping this float stick out from the rest. Throw in the townsfolk on foot holding even more lanterns and I can just imagine the crowds of people weeping at the beauty of this float.

Take a trip under the sea with a brand new float inspired by the upcoming Pixar movie, Luca. With the help of special effects and some Disney Magic, you’ll be able to see as Luca and Alberto change from their human form to their colorful sea monster form, and they’ll illuminate your night in the process.​
Going with an unreleased film is a risky film given we all have pretty limited knowledge on the film. With that said Luca is shaping up to be a film full of vibrant environments with the underwater portion seeming to be extra colorful! Setting the float underwater was a great move for the float allowing the characters to be in their colorful variants that help in making it much more colorful.

Inside Out
iu

On an abstract parade float comes the characters of Inside Out with glowing memory orbs that move around in the float to be "collected". Following this parade float is the train of thought featuring Bing Bong.​
Serious question, what happened to the float pictured above? It just kinda disappeared somehow? Was it a reskin of a Christmas float or something? With that said Inside Out is a logical property for nighttime entertainment given that the characters seem to actually glow and of course the memory orbs do glow! The possibilities of an Inside Out float is endless with plenty of vibrant scenes and ideas to pull from.

Gravity Falls: Baffling Brightness
View attachment 562463
Centered around the Mystery Shack, this float has Mable and Dipper searching for monsters that are present on the float like the Gobblewonker, gnomes, and the Liliputtians. Occasionally the lights go out inside the mystery shack revealing a giant portal inside along with Bill Cipher!
Gravity Falls is a surprising yet delightful pick! Didn't expect a show to be represented, but it is a very popular show that has a strong following! The various monsters on the float definitely add to the visual diversity on the float! The surprise of the giant portal and Bill Cipher is a neat one that is sure to delight fans!

Big Hero Lights
View attachment 562503

Premiering for Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade: Dreamlights, the Big Hero 6 float is proceeded by Go-Go (live actor on roller skates) racing around human-sized towers of micro-bots (actors in costumes) who swipe at her, and attack when a stalking Yokai (live actor) shouts: "This ends now!"

The actual float is an oversized illuminated Baymax in battle gear with Hiro (live actor) riding on his back who shouts instructions up to Honey Lemon riding a top a coloring changing mound of foam, over to Wasabi whose blades crackle with lights (resembling electricity), and to Fred who breathes fire intermittingly while spinning light up signs.
This is how you do an action packed float! The more action is explained with the roller skates, costumed actors and more allowing for an easier time in visualizing this parade functioning! The approach for the actual float is reminiscent of other floats in the past namely Elliot from Pete's Dragon making it rather realistic. Furthermore giving each of the sidekicks their own gimmick in the float adds to the vibrancy and action of the float making it a believable fight scene!

AHTOHOLLAN: RIVER OF MEMORIES
IMG_4778-945484945-1575412158796-740x385.jpg
Where the north wind meets the sea, there's a river full of memories, Ahtohollan, brought to life through a thousand twinkling lights like frozen fractals; led by the Northuldran tribes, the mighty glacier has moments from the Frozen films projected on its slopes, as Elsa rides the Nokk at the front of the float, whilst Anna and Olaf play further back with Gale and Bruni, whilst one of the earth giants snoozes in a pile of snow behind the glacier.
Frozen is prime for nighttime entertainment! It has so much potential with so many elements from both films possible for wondrous and illuminating floats. This float works really well incorporating many elements from Frozen 2 in a well done way taking full advantage of the ice walls from the film along with the vivid imagery from the various nature spirits!

Rapunzel’s Floating Lanterns Float

View attachment 562689

Recreating one of the most majestic and emotional scenes Disney has ever produced, this float features Rapunzel and Flynn, surrounded by flowers, in a rowing boat that is actually floating on water! Dozens of lanterns float along with the pair, attached to the float via wires which allow the lanterns to gently change altitude while the float is in motion. The accompanying song is of course, “I See The Light.”
Another Tangled based float! While similar in concept to @montydysquith-navarro it differs enough to stand on its own feet. The flowers and water add a special nod to the scene that this based off of. The realism of the lanterns is a nice touch, and helps to guide the mind in what to expect with the float. Unfortunately this is three sentences so it would be unfair to others who kept within the boundaries. For point and placement consideration only the first two sentences will be taken into account.

Lava Float
image-asset.jpeg

Based on one of the best Pixar shorts of the last decade, this charismatic couple will be lit but their volcanic ashes and brightly lit lava as they sing in harmony.
An unexpected approach and property, but a welcome change of pace! It is not often on these forums that one sees a short film get representation, but when it happens it's great! For some reason this concept just works really well and I could totally see this existing in the Main Street Electrical Parade it's just such a natural and perfect fit! The ash and lava being additional lighting are igneous ideas ;)

dn_head.jpg

I'm not going to lie when I posted the prompt I wasn't expecting a short film to get a float, let alone two! I think this is a really neat concept for a float and a great representation of the characters shown in this short film! In the two sentences you explained how they would look in the parade and mentioned how their special effects would work. Very creative!

TRON Cyberscape
Tron_Legacy_poster.jpg

Honestly this was really well written and a great concept for a float! TRON is a great pick for a night parade with its iconic lighting scheme and music. All the makings of a great float are here even tying into the upcoming TRON film! However like previously mentioned this project unfortunately will not count for points this round, but I hope this does not discourage you from continual participation in future rounds as this is a really great and fun concept!

tcool123

Original Poster
One Sentence Competition continues to be tough on deciding who gets the various placements. I did my best to place each player while keeping everything fair.

Ps5WGu1.png

@montydysquith-navarro
@montydysquith-navarro 's Tangled lantern float went the extra mile by recreating the magic from the film given the wide variety of lantern shapes, colors sizes AND the various ways guests would be able to see the lanterns around them. It really seems like the whole parade route would be covered in lanterns when this float comes around!

L30Y5yp.png

@spacemt354
Who would've thought Lava would have made for such a solid concept? Well clearly you did! Lava just works as a parade float in the Main Street Electrical Parade really well, it just makes sense as a float. Throw in the extra lighting effects brining the volcano to life, and well you got an amazing float!

zihTg3C.png

@D Hulk
An innovative approach to a parade float based on something nobody saw coming! This concept is fresh and unique and is honestly just so great! I can easily visualize it being a crowd pleaser.

DrRz15D.png

@FigmentPigments AND @JokersWild
That's right we have two first placers this round! Both concepts were so unique and great for different reasons! @FigmentPigments was able to capture the action packed energy of Big Hero 6 into a float while working in clever ways to make it work really well at night. Meanwhile @JokersWild was able to hone in on the creativity and beauty of light parades with their Soul inspired float capturing the essence of The Great Before and Joe perfectly!

tcool123

Original Poster
Standings

1. @FigmentPigments - 5 Points
2. @montydysquith-navarro - 4 Points
3. @DashHaber - 3 Points
4. @Sharon&Susan - 3 Points
5. @b-wolf95 - 3 Points
6. @Tegan pilots a chicken - 3 Points
7. @spacemt354 - 3 Points
8. @DisneyFan18 - 3 Points
9. @Garfield Fan - 3 Points
10. @Disney Pacifist - 3 Points
11. @Brer Panther - 3 Points
12. @DisneyFan32 - 2 Points
13. @Evilgidgit - 2 Points
14. @JokersWild - 2 Points
15. @D Hulk - 2 Points
16. @TwilightZone - 2 Points
17. @Solaris Knight - 1 Point
18. @Arktic - 0 Points​

tcool123

Original Poster
Prompt 4
Just A Smidgen of Rest

1623298194450.png

I think we can all agree that while competing in an armchair imagineering competition or just going out to the parks it is important to rest up. Disney knows this is important and has been revamping rooms at various resorts left and right. Pictured above are the new The Art of Marvel rooms found at Hotel New York in Disneyland Paris, and that picture is just one example of the widespread makeover of hotel rooms happening at Disney resorts around the world. This prompt sees a similar challenge take fold for all of y'all!

-Challenge-
Redo the ROOMS of any Disney resort found around the world.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Saturday, June 12th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom