One Sentence: Platinum Edition - A 20th Anniversary Special

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
BONUS CHALLENGE

View attachment 565830

While the main challenge is all about interactive games at Disney's Hollywood Studios the bonus challenge is all about the games you have to pay extra to play! Your bonus challenge for this prompt is simple:

-Challenge-
What carnival or arcade game do you think is the most rigged at an amusement/theme park, and why? If you have never experienced one feel free to boast about the fact you have never been cheated out of your money!

-Rules-
You may use up one to two sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Friday, June 25th at 10:00 PM EST.

All players who submit for this prompt get an additional bonus point, even if they did not participate in You're the Star at Disney's Hollywood Studios main challenge.
The one where you throw a baseball and try to knock over the three pins. Pretty sure the pins are weighted heavily so it’s almost impossible to win.

FigmentPigments

The one where you throw a baseball and try to knock over the three pins. Pretty sure the pins are weighted heavily so it’s almost impossible to win.
I hate that game. My boyfriend tried it one time, and got all of the pins knocked over, but the guy running the game said all of the pins had to be knocked off the pedestal not just knocked down.

tcool123

Original Poster
Reviews

Filmmaker Adventure

Upon entering the Filmmaker Adventure's studio, located near Echo Lake, you are given a random list of 5 scenes out of 25, that you need to film in order to create your movie.
Following that, you will have to travel to the different "sets", that can be located in each land of the park, to "film" the scenes, by triggering hidden animatronics with your magic band, before returning to the studio to watch your movie (made up of pre-recorded video of your scenes) that you can download for free
First off welcome to the One Sentence Competition, we're glad you could make it! I think, conceptually, this is a really cool and neat idea! It fits into the studio theme of the park really well, and the various scenes add to the repeatability of the experience. From a realism perspective 25 new animatronics to act out these scenes is a lot to be installed, but never the less this is still a really great concept for the park making perfect sense.

EDIT: Just noticed this is your first ever post, welcome to the forums! This is a great first post, and hope you keep at it as this idea shows promise! If you want to head over to the celebration thread, and find out what else is occurring throughout the summer and rest of the year here on the forums! https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...atinum-celebration-information-thread.972968/

Sunset Boulevard MysteriesView attachment 565593
Join S.E.A as they attempt to solve the mystery of Sunset Boulevard. Use all of your detective skills while you look for clues, hints, and maybe a few Easter eggs all around the land.
I'm not sure why SEA has to be involved given the organization seems to be more about exploration of exotic locales, but a mystery works really well in Sunset Boulevard! This could pull from the detective movies as well as film noirs, and just really vibe well with the land so great call there! With that said I wish the mystery of Sunset Boulevard was further explained utilizing say a compound sentence or semicolon in the first sentence to further elaborate on the idea of the mystery. Overall though I am onboard with a mystery game throughout the land as it just meshes really well with what exists currently.

The Muppet Mystery Game
View attachment 565622
The Muppets have taken off all over Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Kermit needs your help to find them all before their big performance in Sunset Boulevard! Locate each of your favorite Muppets in seemingly random but clever locations around the park (for example - Animal is hiding near Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Gonzo is somewhere in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge as a reference to Muppets From Space) with a little help from Kermit and Fozzie, with plenty of in-jokes and gags (it's the Muppets, after all) for you to stumble upon as well.
I'm not sure if mystery was the right name for the experience that occurs, but with that said I do think the concept is a really fun. The Muppets are a really versatile cast and could mesh really well in any land or attraction in the park as shown by your examples making them not as intrusive as say the portals in Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. I think this will be a really enjoyable and comical game for the fans of the Muppets and park goers alike so good job!

The Hollywood Studios Gazette sends its reporters — and their trusty notepads — to every corner of the park (from existing headliners to new exhibits) to sniff out some big scoops while discovering movie-making magic, exploring the worlds of their favorite films, and learning about the man behind the mouse. Our newshounds will design costumes with Edna Mode (ever the professional, even during a Bomb Voyage attack), see the original scale models of 1977’s Star Wars, help the Muppets shoot a big-budget blockbuster, and take red carpet photos with glamorous movie stars that’ll be sure to make the front page.
Once again another great photoshop job, clearly someone has experience with software ;) I think the concept of being reporters is a neat concept filling in the role of being say paparazzi to the various characters in the park, but some of the experiences don't really align with the reporting aspect of the concept. While designing clothing with Edna Mode and filming a movie with the Muppets are both really solid, and sound really fun to do for guests it seems odd that a reporter would do so. With that said, in terms of experience it sounds very engaging with a little bit for everyone, and is very creative.

The Great Movie Ride: Direct It!

View attachment 565757

An assortment of small props have been added to the Great Movie Ride, allowing guests to trigger various effects and movements via the MyDisney Experience app! By connecting to the ride’s onboard Bluetooth, guests can trigger smoke machines in the Alien scene, animate hieroglyphics during Indiana Jones, and even interact with different Munchkins in the Oz scene. There are multiple effects to trigger in each scene!​
Never really made the timeline explicit so this can slide in ;) I definitely think this a great way to add something more to the Great Movie Ride allowing for more rideability and interactivity for guests. However it's not the traditional in park game that many would expect to have seen, so points for originality.

Rocketeer Ranger Corps

rocketeer-billy-campbell-disney.jpg

The twisted Dr. Caligar is planning to use Disney's Hollywood Studios as the sight of his grand scheme of mad science, so the Rocketeer needs you to scour the park and discover the clues to uncover just what nefarious plot the mad doctor is cooking up!​
The Rocketeer is a good pick for DHS given the setting of the film alongside the recent usage of the property with Disney making a Disney Jr show allowing for exposure to the younger generation. The plot is fun, and the fact that it's one singular story spread throughout the park makes it last a bit longer for guests giving them more time to enjoy the park. Overall a nice job!

THE MICKEYS
B9A030AB-5CC5-46AE-8971-5D6C64EB7FD3.jpeg

At Disney’s Hollywood Studios you’re the filmmaker who makes dreams come true, and now you can contend for the most beloved awards related to the art of movie making: The Mickeys.

On each of the lands you’ll be given a quick lesson on one of the different aspects of filmmaking, and then your knowledge and skill will be challenged, for example, at Sunset Boulevard you’ll have to assemble the perfect score (from some pre-made music bits) for a movie scene in order to win The Mickey for Best Score; and on Hollywood Boulevard, once you’ve collected the other Mickeys, you’ll be given The Mickey for Best Director, if you can answer a quick trivia about what you’ve learnt on your filmmaking adventure throughout the park.​
I think this is a really neat concept with the Mickeys being a cute way to reinterpret the statuettes that award shows are known for. I think each land containing a way to make a movie is a neat concept and good utilization of the park. Overall the concept is really well made with plenty of edutainment provided to help guests learn the movie making process while tying it really well into the park.

Muppets Mystery Hunt View attachment 565884
Somebody’s Ate The Prop Cake (Ew) For The Muppets Upcoming Show, This Event Leads To Anybody With The My Disney Experience App Up In The Small Newly Constructed Muppets Studios Building Being Tasked With Gathering Evidence Throughout The Park, & The Best Part? The Cake-Eater Can Be Any Of The Muppets, Keeping The Experience Fresh!​
Another Muppets Mystery, not that there's anything wrong with that! The Muppets lend them selves really well to mysteries after all The Great Muppet Caper is kind of a mystery in its own right! It's an interesting choice to have the Muppets Studio so far from Muppet Vision, but putting it between the two most popular areas in the park guarantee it plenty foot traffic! I think the story is very silly, but that's good with the Muppets! I wish there was more explanation for the map because as it is it's rather vague, but still the work put into it is admirable so good job there! The usage of the app is a logical one expanding the features of said app, and the various culprits is sure to keep the experience fresh, good job!

THE SEARCH FOR MICKEY MOUSE:
View attachment 565618

It's Mickey Mouse's 90th Birthday, every Disney characters will have a big surprise for our birthday mouse, Mickey Mouse. But he was been kidnapped by unknown villian. Mickey's friends, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and Daisy wants you to solve the mystery who someone kidnapped Mickey Mouse? Join Toontown Detective Agency to which villian kidnapped Mickey Mouse everywhere at Disney's Hollywood Studios. (for example: Wicked Witch at Fantasmic!, Jafar is somewhere at Animation Courtyard, Captain Hook is near by Echo Lake) SPOILER ALERT: It's Judge Doom who kidnapped him.
Unfortunately as this is far more than two sentences, and a reoccurring thing I can't count this project as one for the rankings in the competition. However I will still review it alongside all the projects that fit the criteria of the prompt! I personally think it would have been a smarter play to use some of Mickey's enemies as possible culprits such as the Beagle Boys, Pete, the Phantom Blot, etc. With that said the direction is fine, and the plot is nice!

WHO DISCOVERED ROGER RABBIT?
View attachment 565633

Roger Rabbit is gone missing, he was supposed to be show up to filming a new Roger Rabbit short, as we will join Eddie Valiant on the case where Roger Rabbit is missing all over the park, it will have many in-jokes and gags as we will help Toons such as Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie and more. (for example: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway as we will see a ticket booth is Jessica Rabbit gave ya a clue about Roger is missing, Sunset Blvd as walk through the alley and reads the Ink and Paint Club, as we knock the door as we tell Bongo the Gorilla about Roger's missing.)
Since this is your first post that followed the rules this will be the one counted for the rankings. I think the name is rather misleading to the actual experience of the game, as it implies that this is like who discovered Roger Rabbit for his first ever role. What is presented is instead something very similar to your other submission. With that said I do think this a good usage of the Roger Rabbit IP, and it makes sense within the park given both IP and the park is based in Hollywood. I think it would be a rather fun experience, and further flesh out a few areas so good job!

ROGER RABBIT'S ACME BLAZING FIREWORKS CHALLENGE
View attachment 565855

Toontown needs their own 4th of July fireworks spectacular so Mickey Mouse asked Roger Rabbit go to ACME Warehouse to get fireworks to light the fireworks at Disney's Hollywood Studios, so the players to light their fireworks as their best to win a prize for each one winner. As the musical band organ plays Hungarian Rhapsody as the players to light their fireworks to win the prize.
I'm not sure where this would work in the current Hollywood Studios, but it does sound like an interesting carnival game! I wish there was a bit more explanation in what lighting the firework actually entailed unless guests are legitimately lighting real fireworks which in that case could be pretty dangerous 😅 But with the right detail this could be really fun!

CRAZY HARRY'S EXPLODING TNTS & BOMBS GAME & PRIZES
View attachment 565858

Located at Muppet Courtyard, Gonzo wants exploding effects so Crazy Harry wants you to set all TNTs, dynamites, and bombs exploding everywhere at the Muppet Studios, but don't let Kermit the Frog calls the fire department again! As Crazy Harry says "Did someone said exploding effects?!". Blast all TNTs and bombs into the bricks, destroying sets of filming, buildings and someone's homes to win the greatest exploding prize!
At interesting take on the game experience for sure! I'm not sure what it actually entails if its say like a carnival game or more throughout the small area set aside for the Muppets? With that said I think the explosions would be neat effects that add an extra touch of madness to the area.

Bonus Thoughts
The Rig Toss

Ring-Toss-Carnival-Game.jpg

Those rings are barely bigger than the bottles you're throwing them at, and the plastic they're made from is hard enough to get in some extra bounciness to ruin your throws!
Have never played one of these before so no clue it was this tricky to win this game! Glad to have a heads up before I ever attempt this!

Crane Games View attachment 565861 they’re either basically impossible or while preferably still not ideal way too easy to win, I’ve only seen one balanced machine in my life
BONUS: THE CLAW

7B15C1ED-5F57-461E-887D-DEBC4576E74E.jpeg

I’ve never won anything at one of these, which must mean that it’s rigged and it’s absolutely not related to my lack of skill.​
Exactly why I never do any that aren’t play till you win. 🤣

No no this is definitely rigged, claw games suck nothing to do with skill here at all! Nice drawing @Orange Cat ! Didn't even know play to win ones existed MickeyWaffle, interesting development!

Skeeball is just so hard. I haven’t played that many games, though.
I'm actually pretty good at Skee Ball and have played a few variants of the classic game throughout the year! I'm sorry to hear you have such difficulties, but have you tried the old

xSyKKIC.gif

I hate that game. My boyfriend tried it one time, and got all of the pins knocked over, but the guy running the game said all of the pins had to be knocked off the pedestal not just knocked down.
This game just sounds very rigged, and infuriating! Glad I have never crossed paths with it!

tcool123

Original Poster
Results

It was tough to make the call on who places where this round as everyone brought some really unique concepts and takes on what an interactive game could be. Now with that said you all had some amazing ideas, but unfortunately I have to do rankings; still though give yourselves all pats on your backs!

The Golden Token

HTB1EVWLRXXXXXciXXXX760XFXXXE.png_.webp

@Tegan pilots a chicken and @FigmentPigments

The Golden Token is given to the user, or in this case users, who provided the scammiest example of a game. A compelling case was made by @Tegan pilots a chicken and @FigmentPigments for the baseball throwing pins game due to the factor of pins being weighted AND completely off the table. Feel free to use this golden token to play the game anyways though :D

Ps5WGu1.png

@Tegan pilots a chicken
A really unique take on the idea that should still be celebrated! By adding to the Great Movie Ride it gives more for guests to do that have ridden it many times, and based on what you described it shouldn't be too intrusive of an experience. A great example of adding interactivity to the ride in a small yet meaningful way!

L30Y5yp.png

@InspectorSpacetime
A great showing for your second submission into the competition! Once again another fantastic usage of photoshop with some great custom artwork in your submission fleshing out your concept more. The core concept you presented was really strong, and I think all of the various missions for guests is appealing to a wide crowd of people that is sure to make many people happy.

zihTg3C.png

@Brer Panther AND @Orange Cat
A tie for silver because it was just too hard to pick just one of these concepts! Both are similar in name, but are very different in execution.

@Brer Panther the scattering of Muppets throughout the parks in areas that make sense for their character alongside the addition of new props and gags gives this experience a sense of entertainment for not only the players but guests in the area.

@Orange Cat the utilization of the existing app is a clever way to engage players in an easily accessible way as most guests now need the app for boarding groups and dining in the parks. The multiple culprits adds to the overall repeatability of this experience so great call there.

DrRz15D.png

@DisneyFan18

This project was unique in the handling of the game feature allowing for guests to create and play around with various aspects of the film making process tying it perfectly into Disney's Hollywood Studios. The added bonus of each land receiving its own distinct concept, and a special bonus at the end giving guests a reason to actually go to each land puts this concept over the edge. Great job this challenge!

tcool123

Original Poster
Standings

1. @DisneyFan18 - 12 Points
2. @FigmentPigments - 10 Points
3. @montydysquith-navarro - 10 Points
4. @Disney Warrior- 10 Points
5. @Tegan pilots a chicken - 10 Points
6. @D Hulk - 9 Points
7. @DashHaber - 9 Points
8. @Brer Panther- 8 Points
9. @Orange Cat - 7 Points
10. @DisneyFan32 - 7 Points
11. @Solaris Knight- 6 Points
12. @Evilgidgit - 5 Points
13. @spacemt354 - 5 Points
14. @Sharon&Susan - 5 Points
15. @b-wolf95 - 4 Points
16. @JokersWild - 4 Points
17. @Arktic - 3 Points
18. @InspectorSpacetime - 3 Points
19. @TwilightZone - 2 Points
20. @Ticatoc_ - 1 Point
21. @MickeyWaffleCo. - 1 Point​

tcool123

Original Poster
Prompt 9
Have a Wild Time

1624592154244.png

Taking a turn to the wild side, and one I'm sure animal lovers will enjoy, we visit Disney's Animal Kingdom! Animal Kingdom already contains a wonderful array of animals from all corners of the world, but it could always include more animals! For this prompt you may choose a new animal of your choosing, and create a new exhibit for it anywhere in the park. However it must be an addition, not a replacement to any of the current animal exhibits.

-Challenge-
Add a new animal to any part of Disney's Animal Kingdom.

-Rules-
You may use up one to two sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Sunday, June 27th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Bonus Challenge-
For an additional point, include a unique enrichment feature for your selected animal. Enrichment features typically seeks to enhance the quality of captive animal care by identifying and providing the environmental stimuli necessary for optimal psychological and physiological well-being. An additional sentence may be used for this bonus challenge in your submission.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

Disney Warrior

Australia’s (not-so) Dangerous Wildlife
986521FC-32CC-4EE8-B02A-F5ED9A6D4B25.jpeg
As part of a future expansion to DAK adding an Australian land, a new animal experience is added. Come see more dangerous animals like drop bears and snakes, as well as some cuter animals like dingos and kangaroos.
Bonus: To ensure guests are safe, plexiglass is installed in this exhibit to make sure animals don’t go loose and it also adds to the immersion because it is themed to Australia’s deserts.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
CHIMPANEZEES:
1624620003321.png

Disney's Animal Kingdom needs more apes, but they will need chimpanzees so badly, as the addition will be perfect for Africa area. As you know they like to play and eating bananas but sometimes they are fighting each other sometimes. Chimpanzees does lived in Africa.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

-Challenge-
Panda Bears
1624624106272.png
Who doesn't love panda bears? These cuddly black-and-white bruins would make a wonderful addition to Maharajah Jungle Trek, sure to bring more guests to experience the attraction and go "Awwwwwwwwwww!" at how cute they are (and sell lots of merchandise, which should totally get Bob Chapek on board!).

BONUS: There's gotta be lots and lots of bamboo around the habitat (we ARE talking about giant pandas, after all).

Last edited:

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Didn't even know play to win ones existed MickeyWaffle, interesting development!
Yeah, they’re pretty nice! I mean, the claw still retracts while it pulls up, which is terrible, but you can keep trying until you actually get something.

Play till you win machines do employ a very crafty technique, though. After you miss one, the machine pauses for about 5 seconds before letting you play again. If you didn’t know it was a play till you win machine, you could accidentally walk away before realizing you could play again. In that case, the machine eventually times out after a minute or so, and your money is wasted.

I hardly ever see these types of claw machines, but my local arcade has a play till you win candy machine that’s a way better deal than the ticket counter’s 292638463 or whatever tickets for like a single stick of gum. /sssss

(My local arcade also has a piano game, which I get the high score on every time I play. 🤣🤣)

PerGron

Could someone please go check on @PerGron ?
Prompt 9
Have a Wild Time

View attachment 566142

Taking a turn to the wild side, and one I'm sure animal lovers will enjoy, we visit Disney's Animal Kingdom! Animal Kingdom already contains a wonderful array of animals from all corners of the world, but it could always include more animals! For this prompt you may choose a new animal of your choosing, and create a new exhibit for it anywhere in the park. However it must be an addition, not a replacement to any of the current animal exhibits.

-Challenge-

-Rules-
You may use up one to two sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Sunday, June 27th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Bonus Challenge-
For an additional point, include a unique enrichment feature for your selected animal. Enrichment features typically seeks to enhance the quality of captive animal care by identifying and providing the environmental stimuli necessary for optimal psychological and physiological well-being. An additional sentence may be used for this bonus challenge in your submission.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

D38368A5-AC1F-476F-B1F9-EA9E52BA599E.jpeg
Coming to an expanded Maharajah Jungle Trek replacing the Kali River Rapids attraction is the Przewalski’s Wild Horse (Equus ferus przewalskii) (pronounced Shuh-vahl-skee). This endangered species was once extinct in the wild but thanks to captive breeding populations In zoos worldwide, the last true wild horse species serves as an example of one of conservation’s best success stories, an idea being brought to Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

Bonus: Disguised as a rock, a snow machine will produce small amounts of snow that can be used by the horses to roll around in and cool down in before it quickly melts in the Florida heat.

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
A DREADFUL ENCOUNTER ON PLANET ZEBUS

198CA980-A8C6-4139-8F71-7F5E9E6763AD.jpeg

A strange new structure suddenly sprung up in the outskirts of Dino-Land USA, in an area previously overrun by trees and foliage. This bizarre high tech laboratory is where Galactic Federation research scientists have been successfully breading a new variant of parasitic Metroids. These deadly creatures drain the life out of anything they latch onto, and here at Animal Kingdom there is no shortage of unfortunate tourists life sustaining nourishment for the noxious creatures to feed on!

InspectorSpacetime

tanhi aqua.png

Just east of Na’vi River Journey is the entrance to the Tanhi AquaBase, where guests can take hydrolators down to an 'underwater' observation deck and discover the bioluminescent depths of a pitch-black sea. Real, deep-sea creatures may seem more than alien to us, like glowing siphonophores — a quick image search for which reveals a trove of unreal, neon beings — sea sapphires, and chains of salps, adding some genuine life to Pandora and some air-conditioned square footage to Animal Kingdom.

Bonus: Siphonophores have fragile, gelatinous bodies — an adaptation to the immense pressure of the deep ocean — so every tank includes a high powered jet which keeps the water hot and pressurized (3,000 pounds per square inch), creating conditions similar to hydrothermal vents on the ocean floor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom